Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space  (Read 36052 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2016, 06:23:54 pm »

Oh Lord, I hope this ends well...

Finalize the project. Third time's the charm. Also ponder how an error in the navigational code would affect life support.

(if the away team is leaving a log)
"Splendid work gentlemen! I assume we can keep this equipment, yes? It should be great for future work."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2016, 07:25:16 pm »

"Ahh. Now this is a result!"

First, search the rest of the room, lockers, etc, for valuable and useful items and secure storage for them and transfer them back to the ship first. For the less fragile, detach a locker from the wall if possible and loat that back to the homeship, then utilise my assistant goon to tranfer the welding station and maching workbench over.
Carefully.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2016, 02:30:52 am »

Ship Crew
Oh Lord, I hope this ends well...

Finalize the project. Third time's the charm. Also ponder how an error in the navigational code would affect life support.

(if the away team is leaving a log)
"Splendid work gentlemen! I assume we can keep this equipment, yes? It should be great for future work."
You attempt to finish off the logistical coding, but find yourself vexed over how to best handle the integration with unchanged systems that will ensure the fewest bugs to work out in the long run. However, you do spend your spare time figuring out how the previous error could affect life support, and quickly find that the overall changes you have made aren't just to navigational coding, but logistical back end code that was made to process and adjust systems on long journeys. The flaw in question would have caused a feedback loop that would have caused the CO2 scrubbers to shut off thus slowly suffocating the crew.

Away Team
TK takes the pistol too and stows it. If there's anything useful left, he takes the bag back to his ship, gets a fresh one, and loots moar meds. Otherwise, he goes to find his teammates.
You cram all of the medications, and tools you find into your bag before pushing yourself over to the doctor's corpse and grabbing the pistol out of his hand. Once you have the handgun you take the time to check the magazine to find the gun only has eleven rounds left strangely enough before reloading it, and tossing the handgun into the bag before heading back to unload your loot in the ship itself. With your cargo unloaded you take a moment to go back and run through the medbay one more time before heading to help the others at the maintenance room.

"Ahh. Now this is a result!"

First, search the rest of the room, lockers, etc, for valuable and useful items and secure storage for them and transfer them back to the ship first. For the less fragile, detach a locker from the wall if possible and loat that back to the homeship, then utilise my assistant goon to tranfer the welding station and maching workbench over.
Carefully.

You start to scour the room for anything that can be of use only to find the Maintenance Department is rather scarce on actual components with only a few piles of scrap metal, some simple electrical components, and a computer of some sort though how useful it'll be is yet to be seen. With most of the room cleared you fill your duffel bag with the loose parts, and manage to jam the computer into Neil's bag before turning your attention to the two larger stations at the back though thankfully TK arrives just in time to help.

"Show me what's useful TT, and I'll get to lugging it back to the ship..."

Start transporting looted tools etc., under TT's direction.

"How's it going back on the ship there? Nothing in the vicinity I hope?"
The first thing you and TK move to the ship is the welding rig station which proves a fairly easy job thanks to the aid of another person, and the effects of zero-g on negating weight as a factor. Finally the three of you set you sights on moving the bulkier, and much more valuable machining workbench which goes by in a flash as you flawlessly maneuver the workbench into the airlock before dragging it into the cargo bay.

Spoiler: Dio Costanzo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Amelia Terinn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neil Aurelius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tobias Kavanagh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tobias Trent (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neal Thompson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Potential Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Salvaged Goods so Far (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2016, 02:58:30 am »

"Ah," Dio thinks to himself out loud. Apparently he forgot to turn the radio off, so everyone on his channel can hear him.
"The answer is simple! All that is needed is run the original system in a virtual thread, and set logistic controller to use the virtual system outputs instead!"

One more try. Try to run the ship's systems in a simulation, and see if I can connect the existing systems (that I intend to leave unchanged) to that copy. Then I can do whatever I want to navigation without affecting the unchanged systems.

Bonus points if we can reroute all enemy attempts at electronic warfare into the virtual system copy.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2016, 04:15:02 am »

"Hey Dio--if we can get your programming work to focus on salvaging, things that take this long won't have to be done manually by a crew. Be careful over there."

Amelia relaxes and winds up refining the plan of the trip back.

((Question, since I read the book for one turn--is my item special something cumulative? As in I can read it for one turn, then no matter how many turns afterwards, I can spend another turn and get the *bonus effect*?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2016, 09:40:15 am »

((How did I miss that update? Must have not been paying attention.))

Wander about, perhaps sketch out my vision for the minibar on an available writing surface. This is how proper spacers ought to live, you know.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2016, 05:49:33 am »

((sorry, missed an update))

”Right, well. That could have gone worse. Anything else to check out before we get the main goods on board? If not I suggest we evacuate, eh?”

Assist any further looting, then/or get back to the ship and cut up the target ready for hard salvage!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2016, 08:02:35 pm »

One more try. Try to run the ship's systems in a simulation, and see if I can connect the existing systems (that I intend to leave unchanged) to that copy. Then I can do whatever I want to navigation without affecting the unchanged systems.

Bonus points if we can reroute all enemy attempts at electronic warfare into the virtual system copy.

Amelia's changes have the effects they do entirely because they also adjust the way some of the logistical stuff is handled, you can do this of course, but the end result will remove the power generation bonus and halve the Flight Complication bonus.

((Question, since I read the book for one turn--is my item special something cumulative? As in I can read it for one turn, then no matter how many turns afterwards, I can spend another turn and get the *bonus effect*?))
It has to be two turns back to back when reading the book if you want to obtain the effect.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2016, 08:07:30 pm »

Look around the rest of the hsip for useful items and machinery.
Maybe a gun as well.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2016, 09:41:42 am »

Away Team
TK, Neil, and Tobias quickly run a check of the rest of the rooms at the rear of the ship which could be reached, and find them to be empty bedrooms. After that you head to the bridge only to discover the door opens into a room that is mostly occupied by a hole into space with only a handful of damaged computers to salvage.

Quote from: Additional Salvage
Regalian Combat Shotgun [Damage: 12, RoF: 1, Clip Size: 5/5, Shotgun, Two-Handed]
2 Units of Simple Electrical Components
2 Units of Scrap Metal

Will skip the rest of the salvage work as your ship based system tears the wreck apart. Anything you would like to do in the timeskip, within reason, can be done.

Spoiler: Dio Costanzo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Amelia Terinn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neil Aurelius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tobias Kavanagh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tobias Trent (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neal Thompson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Potential Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Salvaged Goods so Far (click to show/hide)

((Those actions I didn't run will be rolled in the timeskip))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2016, 10:42:15 am »

TK returns Ameila's handgun to her and keeps the one he found in the medbay of the salvaged ship. Finders keepers. :v
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2016, 10:46:31 pm »

TK returns Ameila's handgun to her and keeps the one he found in the medbay of the salvaged ship. Finders keepers. :v
Amelia accepts TK's return with great acceptance! :v She also wishes him very well due to his superior salvaging skills, and verbally gestures her admiration of his findings by a thumbs-up.

And then pilot away back to port! Initiate Timeskip protocol.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2016, 07:32:12 am »

Write a report of the things we have done. Do a precise inventory of the components obtained.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2016, 08:11:08 am »

See if we can't help TT with making a brig whilst we're on the way home. Ensure we contact Harold before arrival as agreed, and that we go to the right dock.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2016, 06:34:14 pm »

Busy, busy!

With help accepted, make the brig, a medical cupboard in the corner of the bridge, and begin designing an exoskeleton with attachment points for armour.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21