Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space  (Read 35400 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2016, 08:34:58 am »

((((Are the skill points individually allocated and do we each have an individual pool of them? :P I get that that's most likely not the case, but I'm thrown off by the wording [most likely due to stress/fatigue x_x]

Also I think Trent is a He. :P Tiny typo adwarf? Unless I'm mistaken))
Everyone has their own skill point pool, so you all have four skill points to spend as you wish. Also, no typo as all of the female pronouns are referring to you in Trent's action since you did say you wanted to help him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2016, 08:44:19 am »

((((Are the skill points individually allocated and do we each have an individual pool of them? :P I get that that's most likely not the case, but I'm thrown off by the wording [most likely due to stress/fatigue x_x]

Everyone has their own skill point pool, so you all have four skill points to spend as you wish. Also, no typo as all of the female pronouns are referring to you in Trent's action since you did say you wanted to help him.
((This is me when I'm fatigued. I misspell things, I mistake things while reading, and I sometimes am OK with typos because they sound right in my mind. Thank you for being awesome with fatigued Tiruin :)) Perhaps you can upgrade the OP [heh, upgrade] with this kinda info? Or is it experimental at the moment? {Info as in, is it possible to upgrade already-existing stats? How to earn those nice points! How to 'be eligible' to attain new skills? Can we put those stats in skills that aren't in our sheet [0/?]}))

All stats into Starting Inventor, unless I can put it into A-Skill-That-Helps-Medical-Stuff (which is most presumably First Aid!)--if the latter is possible, please put it in there!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2016, 08:53:25 am »

edited away to save mess

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:11:25 pm by lawastooshort »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2016, 09:20:28 am »

((This is me when I'm fatigued. I misspell things, I mistake things while reading, and I sometimes am OK with typos because they sound right in my mind. Thank you for being awesome with fatigued Tiruin :)) Perhaps you can upgrade the OP [heh, upgrade] with this kinda info? Or is it experimental at the moment? {Info as in, is it possible to upgrade already-existing stats? How to earn those nice points! How to 'be eligible' to attain new skills? Can we put those stats in skills that aren't in our sheet [0/?]}))

All stats into Starting Inventor, unless I can put it into A-Skill-That-Helps-Medical-Stuff (which is most presumably First Aid!)--if the latter is possible, please put it in there!
Sure I can add the rules to the OP.

((So, would we need a licence for each of us that carries a weapon? If so, team - do we want to get just one so we can get weapons for the ship? Or, of course, we could just get one licence and then who cares who carries what machine gun off-planet?

Basically, what shall we do with our cash?

And what mission next? Arg, so many questions.))
So long as all the Class II weapons are on the body of the Class II License owner (or at least put away) whenever Law Enforcement sees you then it'll be fine. Once you're outside of their sight you can just hand them back out though you'll want to be careful of random patrols deciding to run spot inspections, and such though considering your a salvage vessel they're likely to give some leeway with possession of Class II weapons in not licensed hands. However it'll be far more strict on stations and Calmar itself so you'll need to be careful how you it there.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2016, 07:33:04 am »

((Right then I think we should buy me a Class II weapons licence, see if we can get a couple of... machine guns? Something heavy... and then after building and drinking and levelling up and stuff get onto our next mission which may be a bit more dangerous))

edit to avoid spamming:

Neil will split his points between both current skills; try to obtain a Class II weapons licence; and then, leaving enough money for Trent's rebreather purchase, find an arms dealer. Hopefully after we've sold all our hull plates. Then: browse guns, hopefully be able to afford something. Then drinking. Then meet crew to decide on and leave for mission #2.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:11:07 pm by lawastooshort »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2016, 03:15:05 pm »

Put points into Programmer. All of them.

Dio then finds a nice, quiet corner free from watching eyes.

See if I can connect to some random spaceship in the docking bay. Then look for security vulnerabilities and try to get at the ship's records.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:17:33 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2016, 04:46:52 pm »

All skillpoints into inventing

See if I can connect to some random spaceship in the docking bay. Then look for security vulnerabilities and try to get at the ship's records.
Oh god he's already breaking the law
Please don't do it from our ship, so when you get arrested we aren't blamed

((Right then I think we should buy me a Class II weapons licence, see if we can get a couple of... machine guns? Something heavy... and then after building and drinking and levelling up and stuff get onto our next mission which may be a bit more dangerous))
I think that makes sense. We could even convert our spare room (right next to the brig...) into an armoury of sorts to safely store our higher ordinance. We should also get some emergency rebreathers in case we have a hull breach and no time or the way to the suits is blocked. A human being can stand vacuum pretty well, as long as he has something to breathe. For all the cold of space, it also loses heat very quickly.

"You should teach me one day, T!" Amelia said as she spun her welding mechanism in her glove. "It seems just like repairing an aircraft. "

Continue Exoskeleton project!

"Yes, well, that's what I'm doing, isn't it? Teaching. Showing." Trent frowned at the wasted metals in front of him. Some had gone into teaching Amelia the methods of welding, and some because he was not doing well.. perhaps it was just the presence of another person.
"Right. Lets try again, have another go... in a bit. Perhaps we need to see something to give us a better idea, a more solid idea. And there's something else we could do with getting... perhaps you should come along. Bring your gun if it's legal. Don't want to step into trouble we can't get out, no."

Look for powerarmour/exosuits for sale. Examine them as best as I can, without doing anything that would anger the shopkeepers.

Buy enough emergency rebreathers for all the crew.

Once he returned:

Move a bottle of EZ heal to my room
Continue exoskeleton project

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2016, 05:15:50 pm »

Intellectual property laws were much more lax in my days...
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2016, 09:03:14 am »

((Yo adwarf! Is there any skill of Psychology or whatnot? I'd love that skill where you get a faint intuition that's mostly flavor, but gives depth to how one may perceive the other guy/enemy person. It's always a skill I loved in these kinds of games! *stares at DigitalHellhound//DivideByZero*

Also love this game. We're creating our salvage ship into something awesome. One tiny bit at a time.))

"I've got basic military training, no need to worry Trent." Amelia said as she tapped her pistol and stepped down from her welding spot. "And I like that you speak my language. Shopping! For tech! I was quite the tech-fanatic back in the day, deconstructing machines gifted to me and that odd power cable in the scrapyard, until pilot training came along..."

((Reading Gig's post had me thinking--I'm assuming we're we're doing long-action actions here, so here's a conjunctive!))
If I have time before continuing the Exoskeleton project:
> Inquire around if there's any Life Support system we can get for the ship, and if such things are commonly sold in stations (for future purchase)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2016, 06:43:03 pm »

"Hmm. Well, aside from a few essentials, I'm not we're going shopping per se. Mor elooking, observing... seeing what's what might help us with our own exoskeleton project."

Can I think of any uncommon parts I might be likely to need?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2016, 07:31:43 pm »

Find an ammunition shop then, check the prices.
You leave your crew's designated docking bay and begin to head towards the station's commercial deck which sadly takes you consulting several direction terminals due to the station's sheer size, and your unfamiliarity with the place in general. After living on Calmar for so long the station's long grey, dingy corridors are rather disconcerting as is the rather ever present lack of other people on this deck considering that if this was Brackson you'd be pushing your way through a crowd of a few thousand people trying to get anywhere. You feel it'll take some getting used to, and that the saying 'A spacer is born at ease while a planetborn spends a quarter of his life adapting to space.' is somewhat accurate ...

It takes almost twenty minutes of walking before you start to encounter people heading in the same direction, and another ten before the hallway opens up into a lobby with a few dozen people milling around waiting for elevators to arrive for certain levels or chatting with each other. Looking up at the placards above the elevators you quickly locate an open one meant for the commercial deck, and quickly board it along with twenty others before the elevator dings and the doors close sending you hurtling down at a speed that causes you to feel mildly ill. When the elevator stops and the doors open you pause as a rather impressive sight meets you, the commercial deck is laid out in front of you like a bowl with tiers of shops slowly lowering down to the base while occasionally places are built into the support columns with long bridges leading to them or gravsleds to ferry people to them.

Everywhere you look ther are all sorts of people, down on Calmar most of the population is human, but up here you quickly see the six eyed Batarians dressed in their trademark white robes with their double jointed arms being covered in multi-colored rings, and you even notice a lone figure whose body is largely covered by a red cloak who is furiously waving around his four arms as he seems to threaten the shopkeeper in front of him. You notice the sword almost six feet in length strapped across his back, and are somewhat confused by the fact that the patrolling guards seem to outright avoid the figure even going so far as to skirt around him as they make their way through the crowd.

Shaking your head at the sight you head off into the crowd in search of a gun store, and quickly find one. In fact you find almost a dozen within ten minutes of walking. Sighing you pick one at random, and walk in only to hear the sound of something powering up followed by something racking the slide of the gun. When you turn towards the sound you find a rusted droid holding a bolt action rifle that's leveled at your chest though before you can do anything a voice comes from the back,

"Deactivate you pile of shit! I swear if you shoot another one of my damned customers instead of people trying to rob the place I'm going to sell you for scrap!"

Almost immediately the droid lowers the rifle and its power core cuts off causing the low hum you'd been hearing to cease only to be replaced by hurried footsteps followed by the sound of a crash, and some rather severe cursing. You're somewhat confused, but before you can walk out of the store a short figure bursts out of a side door, the figure looks like a metal suit in a vaguely human shape but where a face should be is a piece of glass revealing a mass of green slime moving furiously inside. Noticing your glance the figure quickly gives a short bow before a small pop of static comes out of the speakers, seemingly frustrated the figure starts to smack at a speaker on the suit until finally a voice comes out,

"Ah, there we go. Sorry about that dear customer, I repaired that pile of bolts hoping that I could use it guard the shop, but something's wrong with its sensors and it has a tendency to ... well it pulls the trigger without asking questions basically. Any who, welcome to my shop! I'm called Graxion Melacar Ilgur Vansonmeer the Four Hundred and Second, but you can just call me Grax. What are you looking to buy; rifles, pistols, shotguns?"

edit to avoid spamming:

Neil will split his points between both current skills; try to obtain a Class II weapons licence; and then, leaving enough money for Trent's rebreather purchase, find an arms dealer. Hopefully after we've sold all our hull plates. Then: browse guns, hopefully be able to afford something. Then drinking. Then meet crew to decide on and leave for mission #2.

Before Harold can take off you run up to him and ask if he could help you with purchasing a Class II Weapons License mostly to shorten the time it'll take so that you won't have to wait for the next three weeks before you finally get the damned license. Harold quickly agrees, and you transfer the six thousand credits over to him after doing a quick legal agreement, though Customs mostly deal with smuggling and arms trading they have some ties with the GS Registry for the cases of illegal arms dealing so with Harold's help it shouldn't be any longer than a day before you get the license. With that done you tell him you'll meet later for drinks before heading off to find an arms dealer, it doesn't take you longer than ten minutes to reach the commercial deck and as you begin to search for an Arms Dealer you notice Kavanagh inside one of the gun stores and decide to check it out.

When you enter the sound of a power core activating starts to fill the room only to be met with a man yelling,

"DEACTIVATE DAMMIT, CODE Z-98 I FOR STANDBY MODE!"

As soon as the man finishes you look over to see a droid crumple to the floor as a singleshot rifle falls out of its grasp, somewhat confused you look between the crumpled droid, a rather off put TK, and metal suit that seems to be the shopkeeper giddily welcoming you to his store ...

"Alright, two customers in one day! This is more business I've had than in the past six months since I moved here, come on Grax you gotta give off a good impression ..."

The green slime filled suit mutters as it heads over to a counter and bangs on it a few times causing the shudders to draw back, and reveal several shelves covered in guns with a display model of the gun's ammunition sitting next to it. Grax seems overly excited as he says,

"Take a look around, buy anything you want! If you guys want Class II weapons I have some of them in the back though only a few ship weapons since most of the heavier stuff is order only ..."

Spoiler: Class I Weapons (click to show/hide)

While the others do their own things you decide to try out hacking into a ship on the station, and before long you've found a target though you have no clue what kind of ship it actually is considering all your capable of finding is the connection between them and the station. You immediately begin to speedily slam through the keys trying to break through the firewall, but after nearly thirty minutes you find yourself shut out with the station's security protocols trying to track down where your hack is coming from. Through what may well be a stroke of luck the station's tracing seems to stop all the sudden, but you're not entirely sure why?

All skillpoints into inventing

I think that makes sense. We could even convert our spare room (right next to the brig...) into an armoury of sorts to safely store our higher ordinance. We should also get some emergency rebreathers in case we have a hull breach and no time or the way to the suits is blocked. A human being can stand vacuum pretty well, as long as he has something to breathe. For all the cold of space, it also loses heat very quickly.

Look for powerarmour/exosuits for sale. Examine them as best as I can, without doing anything that would anger the shopkeepers.

Buy enough emergency rebreathers for all the crew.

Once he returned:

Move a bottle of EZ heal to my room
Continue exoskeleton project

"Hmm. Well, aside from a few essentials, I'm not we're going shopping per se. Mor elooking, observing... seeing what's what might help us with our own exoskeleton project."

Can I think of any uncommon parts I might be likely to need?
Before carrying on with creating your exosuit you decide to head down to the commercial deck in the hope of finding some exosuits, or power armor that you can use as inspiration for your current project as well as take the chance to purchase some rebreathers for everyone in case of a hull breach. You spend a few hours scouring the commercial area for anything to use as inspiration, but the closest thing you can find is a few shops that sell industrial mechs used by mining vessels or corps, and for hauling heavy things. Giving up on the search with a sigh you decide to purchase some rebreathers for everyone ...

Quote from: Rebreathers
Claxon Emergency Rebreather [Meant for use during hull breaches, provide twenty minutes of air per tank. No Secondary Functions] [150 Credits per Rebreather, 15 Credits per Tank]
Hasbro Utility Rebreather [Meant for use during hull breaches, and for assisted breathing in hazardous areas. Thirty minutes of air in tank in oxygen deprived areas, two hours of air in tank in hazardous areas.] [400 Credits per Rebreather, 30 Credits per Tank]

Later when you return to the ship you move a bottle of EZ Heal to your room before sitting down to work on your exosuit with Amelia. Refer to portion after Amelia's actions for results

"I've got basic military training, no need to worry Trent." Amelia said as she tapped her pistol and stepped down from her welding spot. "And I like that you speak my language. Shopping! For tech! I was quite the tech-fanatic back in the day, deconstructing machines gifted to me and that odd power cable in the scrapyard, until pilot training came along..."

((Reading Gig's post had me thinking--I'm assuming we're we're doing long-action actions here, so here's a conjunctive!))
If I have time before continuing the Exoskeleton project:
> Inquire around if there's any Life Support system we can get for the ship, and if such things are commonly sold in stations (for future purchase)

You take a while to ask around about potentially purchasing life support systems while you follow Trent out shop, and what you find out is generally such requests have to be made through major manufacturers based on the needs of the situation. Some basic things like low grade oxygen scrubbers, and water recyclers can be purchased on the station for those looking yo use them to setup mining bases in or on asteroids, but anything larger has to be custom ordered.

Trent and Amelia work on Exoskeleton Project

The two of you set to work creating the frame of the exosuit, and within an hour you have the shell of an exosuit standing in the storage bay with components scattered around it though all the suit is truly missing at this point is for you all to install the electrical parts and reinforce the joints. Depending on how you want to expand after that you're going to need a material for the armor plates, and potentially some more advanced electrical components if you want to give it some power though ultimately you're not entirely sure what else you want done with it.

Spoiler: Crew Account (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dio Costanzo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Amelia Terinn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neil Aurelius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tobias Kavanagh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tobias Trent (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neal Thompson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Potential Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loose Items (click to show/hide)

GM Notes: I've changed current skill colors to blue to represent their passive as green will represent active skills, if you guys notice any mistakes I've made in the statuses feel free to point them out though I think I managed to get everything down correctly. I've went ahead and retroactively added all the skill points you guys should have accumulated up to now that I had ignored due to mild incompetence :V

@Tiruin: It occurs to me you wanted to be taught repairman from Gigla, and I gave you Starting Inventor. I can retcon the skill to Repairman but you'll only have 5 out 10 progress in it while inventor would also be at 5 out of 10. Sorry :S

Also, there can pretty much be a skill for everything so if you want to learn Psychology you can :P

@The Entire Party: The value you can get for your hull plates is half of their actual value, if you want to sell them I'll need a majority vote on how much, if any, to sell.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2016, 08:25:42 pm »

Oh god he's already breaking the law
Please don't do it from our ship, so when you get arrested we aren't blamed
Sigged.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2016, 12:49:00 am »

"The rest of the crew aren't back yet. You up for finishing this project, Trent?" Amelia said as she surveyed her surroundings. Interested in testing her creativity and fine motor skills, she pointed at one of the recent-most patches she welded, "I'll be working on refining any bumps and nicks in the plating while you can do the structuring, perhaps? This brings me back to my days as a pilot where I had to take care of my craft, along with flying it--that instilled the attitude of being very careful with your machine (unlike the common behavior you see nowadays, those hooligans...)"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2016, 08:38:12 am »

((I vote we sell all the hull plates))

"Well, I'd like to fit a red dot sight to my shotgun, mostly for my own amusement... But really I'd like to see what Class II weapons you have. Expecting my licence to come through tomorrow so would like to reserve something, if you have anything good... TK, anything take your fancy?"

Continue perusing goods.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2016, 12:37:08 pm »

((Apologies for the absence. The game completely slipped my mind, I'm sad to say. Might want to replace me, perhaps. I'd say I've lost the plot, but I don't think I actually followed it terribly well to begin with.))

"Er, no. That'll be all, I think. See you in a bit, Melissa. I'll keep your advice in mind."

Get back to the ship and put some (2-4, depending on if those points into Starting Inventor are a typo or something that simply happened) of those lovely skill points into sweet, sweet Space Knowledge - facts that we can use to get a better sense of general things.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:39:52 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21