Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space  (Read 36057 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2016, 01:19:27 pm »

((Apologies for the absence. The game completely slipped my mind, I'm sad to say. Might want to replace me, perhaps. I'd say I've lost the plot, but I don't think I actually followed it terribly well to begin with.))

"Er, no. That'll be all, I think. See you in a bit, Melissa. I'll keep your advice in mind."

Get back to the ship and put some (2-4, depending on if those points into Starting Inventor are a typo or something that simply happened) of those lovely skill points into sweet, sweet Space Knowledge - facts that we can use to get a better sense of general things.
There literally isn't a plot actually, its a sandboxy game so any story is made by your choices not me, and to be fair you haven't actually missed much. :v If you want out I can replace you though.

As for the skill points: You got the existing points in Inventor from designing the bar, and you can only put points into skills you've already started to learn (the OP has a spoiler that fully explains skill points).

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2016, 01:45:23 pm »

((I mean, I just doubt that I can properly follow it anymore if existing patterns hold. So do feel free to replace me if anyone else wants a go.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2016, 06:54:34 pm »

I ain't registered with no government, so they shouldn't be able to find my hacking tool.
Turn it of, then run away!

Afterward, get on a ship computer and finish up the unfinished logistics code.

Afterward, look into the effective range of the ship's drive exhaust as a weapon compared to normal weapons.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2016, 09:31:41 pm »

I ain't registered with no government, so they shouldn't be able to find my hacking tool.
You aren't registered, but the crew's ship is. As for hacking tools, you have none aside from the ship's computers and your fingers :v

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2016, 08:17:38 am »

((I mean, I just doubt that I can properly follow it anymore if existing patterns hold. So do feel free to replace me if anyone else wants a go.))

((You could have an 'accident' for being a too nosy company sneak))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2016, 02:25:00 pm »

((My watch?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2016, 02:35:01 pm »

((My watch?))
Less of a hacking tool and more of a translation device to help you actually converse with everyone. It can certainly be modified and adapted to assist in hacking things, but at the moment its just used to help you talk to others.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2016, 11:35:42 pm »

((Well I wouldn't have done it if I had to use a ship computer, would I? I said I'd find a nice, quiet corner. But whatever.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2016, 12:30:42 am »

((Well I wouldn't have done it if I had to use a ship computer, would I?))
I do the best I can with what you write down for me to read. I'm sorry if the resulting action isn't what you want, but I can't read minds, just the posts ... You wanted to hack in a quiet corner? Well since you didn't specify using what, and only asked for a quiet corner then that qualifies one of the bridge's computers as its actually accessible to you and aside from the crew no one else can board the ship.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2016, 06:31:38 pm »

Tobias decided to ignore all the aliens since none of them accosted him, but was on the verge of taking the droid down in close-range to neutralize his gun advantage before the proprietor deactivated him. "You should have someone fix that before it kills someone," he said with a hint of annoyance in his voice. "Anyway, I'm looking for ammunition for a Radlin Striker sidearm. Got any?"

Ask about ammo prices for the handgun. Also all four points into Scavenger.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2016, 11:41:55 pm »

((I'm ok with Starting Inventor x3 Let's just say that Amelia learned in other ways than repairing while welding and improving the hull))
Voting selling extra hull plates too.

Amelia goes in search for added equipment to finish up the exoskeleton project and ensures via radio that everyone is aware of what she's doing.

((Sorry for brevity; exam days are happenin'!))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2016, 08:38:53 pm »

Cut up one of the spaceship hull plates and start producing armour to attach on to the exoskeleton, and consider the ways I could power the exoskeleton.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2016, 10:07:55 pm »

((I vote we sell all the hull plates))

"Well, I'd like to fit a red dot sight to my shotgun, mostly for my own amusement... But really I'd like to see what Class II weapons you have. Expecting my licence to come through tomorrow so would like to reserve something, if you have anything good... TK, anything take your fancy?"

Continue perusing goods.
"Class II weapons, tsk. I have some, but not many though probably more than anyone else on the station considering the Planetary Governor's trade laws don't exactly cover me since he's afraid my people will stop their flow of trade to the world if he did. All the pieces I have are UM surplus military gear, just don't ask me what happened to the last person that owned it."

Tobias decided to ignore all the aliens since none of them accosted him, but was on the verge of taking the droid down in close-range to neutralize his gun advantage before the proprietor deactivated him. "You should have someone fix that before it kills someone," he said with a hint of annoyance in his voice. "Anyway, I'm looking for ammunition for a Radlin Striker sidearm. Got any?"

Ask about ammo prices for the handgun. Also all four points into Scavenger.

"Yeah, got tons of the stuff since its a fairly popular Class I firearm, its only ten credits for a preloaded mag."

Spoiler: Class I Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Class II Weapons (click to show/hide)

((I'm ok with Starting Inventor x3 Let's just say that Amelia learned in other ways than repairing while welding and improving the hull))
Voting selling extra hull plates too.

Amelia goes in search for added equipment to finish up the exoskeleton project and ensures via radio that everyone is aware of what she's doing.

((Sorry for brevity; exam days are happenin'!))
You take your time scouring through the marketplace in search of anything that could be of use for the exoskeleton project while Trent heads back to the ship to start work on chopping up one of the hull plates for exosuit plating before you all sell them off to Macnameer. It doesn't take you long to find a fairly wide selection of materials, and equipment that could come in handy for the exosuit though you're not sure what, if any of it, is needed.

Spoiler: Goods (click to show/hide)

Turn it of, then run away!

Afterward, get on a ship computer and finish up the unfinished logistics code.

Afterward, look into the effective range of the ship's drive exhaust as a weapon compared to normal weapons.

With your hacking attempt ultimately a failure you turn your attention to finishing the coding for Amelia's logistical upgrade, a goal which is easily achieved as you hammer out the last of the needed code within an hour which leaves only the mechanical/computational upgrade left to go before the ship begins to divert from the norm. Once you finish that up you turn to considering whether the ship's drive exhaust could be used as a weapon, but that isn't really your area of expertise so you aren't entirely certain how far it'd reach or if it'd even be all that effective in the first place.

Cut up one of the spaceship hull plates and start producing armour to attach on to the exoskeleton, and consider the ways I could power the exoskeleton.
You hastily get back to the cargo bay filled with hull plates to grab one of them for armor plating before the others manage to sell the whole lot off to Macnameer, and you arrive just in time to tell the dock workers off for attempting to take the entire stack. After a few moments of work the dock workers leave with nineteen of the hull plates loaded onto a hover cart which they proceed to bush over to a cargo lift as you set about getting some armor for your exosuit. While you work away with the welder you start to think of how you could power the exoskeleton, and after maybe twenty minutes of theories you realize that your current skills are only really capable of two methods: you could build a battery into the suit and simply recharge it when you don't need to use it, or you could manufacture a power cable and have the suit hook into the ship's power grid which would greatly reduce the suit's range.

When you're done you've divided the hull plate up into enough armor plates for three exosuits.

Everyone
A while later all of you are informed by a lackey from Macnameer that Neal has been called back to the corporation headquarters for a new position under Melinda, and standing next to him is a man wearing a rather faded Calmar military uniform with a rifle thrown over his shoulder. The lackey takes a moment to tell you all that the man's name is Rocco Coleman, ex-member of Calmar's Second Recon division and newly assigned member for the crew meant to help ensure safety considering the recent rises in pirate activity.

Spoiler: Crew Account (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dio Costanzo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Amelia Terinn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Neil Aurelius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tobias Kavanagh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tobias Trent (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rocco Coleman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Potential Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loose Items (click to show/hide)

GM Note: As Harry wanted out of the game AzyWing is now in. Also forgive me for the rather lacking fluff this time, but I managed to delete half the update, and then lose the rewrite of it so I just wanted to get an update through before I lost all steam.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2016, 10:18:13 pm »

Buy 6 clips and the laser sight, attach sight to Striker, do firing range training plan but use only two clips: the one currently in it and the sixth one, leaving the other five for later.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2016, 10:33:02 pm »

Raise a hand as greeting.

"Hello, it's nice to be working with you folks. What are your names?"

I'll place two skill points in marksmanship. I'll figure out something to do with the other two.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21