Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space  (Read 36044 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2016, 03:11:49 pm »

Look up youtube videos of ship launches. Surely there's some way to guess the length of the exhaust plume based on easily-researched data...

GM Note: As Harry wanted out of the game AzyWing is now in. Also forgive me for the rather lacking fluff this time, but I managed to delete half the update, and then lose the rewrite of it so I just wanted to get an update through before I lost all steam.

((That used to happen to me all the time >.<

Since then I've kept all my rolls in text files before posting them. Safer that way.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2016, 10:14:14 pm »

Get 3x boxes of those Advanced Electrical Components from personal funds. We'll find a use for it later. [143-120=29]

Amelia also transfers all information she received from checking the Goods to the rest of the crew.

Request buying from crew funds: an Advanced Toolkit; Machining Workbench; Portable Plasma Torch w/ 2 Fuel tanks {2400 creds in total}

Spoiler: Goods (click to show/hide)
"I believe these materials will come in handly later on, as well as this list of goods. Supposedly the same in stations we'll meet later I believe."

GM Note: As Harry wanted out of the game AzyWing is now in. Also forgive me for the rather lacking fluff this time, but I managed to delete half the update, and then lose the rewrite of it so I just wanted to get an update through before I lost all steam.

((That used to happen to me all the time >.<

Since then I've kept all my rolls in text files before posting them. Safer that way.))
((Same feelings here :/ I've lost many HUGE posts because of that, until helpful people nudged me on browser text saving add-ons.

Also since Azy RP'd his entry, I'll assume the papers were handed out and Harry's character specifically requested leave in the time period between the last turn and now. Unless anyone else wants to RP it!))

Upon hearing Rocco joining the crew
Amelia adjusted her comm to better hear the newbie, telling him her name along with introductions for those who were left out.
"Welcome on board, Rocco! It's nice to hear another someone with military experience on board. We're serving on a salvage ship, so I do hope you're alright for spendings days on end with us here."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 10:16:32 pm by Tiruin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2016, 10:27:52 pm »

Get 3x boxes of those Advanced Electrical Components from personal funds. We'll find a use for it later. [143-120=29]

Amelia also transfers all information she received from checking the Goods to the rest of the crew.

Request buying from crew funds: an Advanced Toolkit; Machining Workbench; Portable Plasma Torch w/ 2 Fuel tanks {2400 creds in total}

Spoiler: Goods (click to show/hide)
"I believe these materials will come in handly later on, as well as this list of goods. Supposedly the same in stations we'll meet later I believe."
TT frowned.
"We already have a machining workbench, and a cutting bench. We've also got plenty of scap and bsic metal. We've no need, no purpose in getting more of those in particular."

Raise a hand as greeting.

"Hello, it's nice to be working with you folks. What are your names?"

I'll place two skill points in marksmanship. I'll figure out something to do with the other two.

"Tobias Trent. Hopefully you're not like some of the other crew, wanting to stick things in the fuel cycles."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2016, 02:49:57 am »

"Tobias Trent. Hopefully you're not like some of the other crew, wanting to stick things in the fuel cycles."

"It was an honest mistake," Dio grumbles as he gets moving.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2016, 11:02:00 am »

"Engine cycles? I don't know anything about the engines to be honest, not enough to risk... Damn, I'll have to hear that story some time... But at any rate, I don't much mind having to stay in a ship for extended periods of time or anything."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2016, 05:10:35 pm »

((Well, no ship guns. Shall we get an assault rifle or a machine gun for the crew? And some grenades? And buy whatever you need, techwise!))

"Welcome, Coleman," welcomes Neal, sticking out a hand. "Good to have you on board. I'm Captain Aurelius." He waits for a second for Coleman's military instincts to kick in and for the soldier's body to begin to straighten into a salute... "But we don't particularly take that seriously on this ship. I think the only thing it means is I have to talk to more outsiders than the rest of us. We've just had our first almost practice run and think to be heading out somewhere a little rougher this trip, so it'll be good to have you along."

Buy the laser sight and 2 full clips for my shotgun.

And how about an assault rifle, 10 clips, and 3 of each grenade if no one suggests anything different?

Oh... and

And then I'm ready to go interact with Harold, and then choose our next mission.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2016, 08:06:58 pm »

((My character already has a rifle of his own, with two magazines. I don't know how good that will be as far as person-to-person combat on a spaceship, but it's something.

Also, since my character has no credits, he can't buy anything himself.))

Coleman shakes Neal's hand, then salutes. "It's good to be working with you, Captain. Where will we be heading, specifically?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2016, 09:05:30 pm »

"Can confirm here! I was thinking about that specific event right before we docked here--this was something anyone could mistake. He didn't mean it."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2016, 09:07:03 pm »

"Can confirm here! I was thinking about that specific event right before we docked here--this was something anyone could mistake. He didn't mean it."

"If you don't mind, could I have the exact details of what happened?"

((Sorry about inconsistent dialogue color. Made a little mistake in the BBCode and made the glow the same color.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2016, 01:38:12 am »

"If you don't mind, could I have the exact details of what happened?"

"It's nothing, really," Dio made an odd facial gesture, something only a fellow human from the days of old would recognize, if there were fellow humans from the days of old still alive.

"Seriously. Nothing."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 23, 2016, 03:14:45 pm »

"... All right, then," Coleman says, still wondering what happened with the engine cycles.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2016, 09:01:21 pm »

Request buying from crew funds: an Advanced Toolkit; Machining Workbench; Portable Plasma Torch w/ 2 Fuel tanks {2400 creds in total}[/b]
Agree to all but the machining workbench -we have one already.
Then use some of those advanced electrical components to build two batteries for the exoskeleton - a main and a spare.
Get Amelia to help, if she so wishes.

Claim the shotgun floating around, since no one else seems to want it.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2016, 04:13:53 am »

((I don't think I can usefully dual wield the shotguns))

((what we need for a mission is a GIANT WHITE SPACE WHALE))

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2016, 01:34:03 pm »

((A space whale? Is that some kind of reference to Sunriders or something?))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2016, 01:37:24 pm »

((A space whale? Is that some kind of reference to Sunriders or something?))
"A giant white space whale" is a clear reference to Moby-Dick.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21