Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: so we'll go ahead with that release in a few days!  (Read 6889 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: so we'll go ahead with that release in a few days!
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2020, 06:46:49 am »

The necromantic powers of this release is mighty! Even the long-buried posts shudder in their graves, and break out to wander the forum! Let's all board the hype train, and ride it these last few days!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2020, 02:54:25 pm »

The necromantic powers of this release is mighty! Even the long-buried posts shudder in their graves, and break out to wander the forum! Let's all board the hype train, and ride it these last few days!
They added a proper summoning interaction in th enext version, which will make it much easier for me to do some mods i want to do. For exmaple in my majesty mod, i want the witch king to summon spiders, i can actually do that now :)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

JesterHell696

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ALL:PERSONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2020, 01:59:17 am »

They added a proper summoning interaction in th enext version, which will make it much easier for me to do some mods i want to do. For exmaple in my majesty mod, i want the witch king to summon spiders, i can actually do that now :)

I look forward to impaling myself by "force pulling" thrown weapons back to myself, that is assuming I can reverse the "force push" ability undead lieutenants have into a pull mechanic and that it can target items.

edit: I have a mental image of Dwarven Thor throwing his axe at the leader of a bandit group, the leader dodging and Dwarven Thor summoning his axe back only to cleave his own head asunder.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 02:06:03 am by JesterHell696 »
"The long-term goal is to create a fantasy world simulator in which it is possible to take part in a rich history, occupying a variety of roles through the course of several games." Bay 12 DF development page

"My stance is that Dwarf Fortress is first and foremost a simulation and that balance is a secondary objective that is always secondary to it being a simulation while at the same time cannot be ignored completely." -Neonivek

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2020, 07:27:51 am »

TOADY
I CAN'T WAIT
HOW MANY DAYS IS A FEW
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2020, 11:29:06 am »

To be precise, or maybe just pedantic, the exact quote for this release was "All continues toward a release, in the next some days."
I'd argue "some" is generally larger than "a few", so perhaps we should be careful not to hype up too much, only to exhaust ourselves as the release gets "delayed" until sometime next week. I'm directing this as much to myself as anybody else.

The "a few days" was from the days before the release of 0.42.01, when this thread was first made. Perhaps a thread name-change would be in order?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2020, 11:34:55 am »

I know the first thing I gotta add after the update is out is a "summon succubus" spell for warlocks. He he he.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2020, 05:39:13 pm »

To be precise, or maybe just pedantic, the exact quote for this release was "All continues toward a release, in the next some days."
I'd argue "some" is generally larger than "a few", so perhaps we should be careful not to hype up too much, only to exhaust ourselves as the release gets "delayed" until sometime next week. I'm directing this as much to myself as anybody else.

The "a few days" was from the days before the release of 0.42.01, when this thread was first made. Perhaps a thread name-change would be in order?
With only 6 days left, the line between "some" and "few" is small enough not to worry about it. I think we can rule out "many" anyway. Besides when this thread is resurrected for Big Wait End Day we"re likely to be back at "few".

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2020, 06:23:09 pm »

YES.
YES. YES. YES.
YES.
I APPROVE.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2020, 07:33:25 am »

IT      IS      HERE    ! ! !

:D :D :D
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Lord scorch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of the steelflame fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2020, 08:29:48 am »

"Can pet animals in adventure mode"

"Can pet animals in adventure mode"

!!"Can pet animals in adventure mode"!!
("Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
I'm 99% sure this is how Resident Evil started.)

("A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration")

("I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.")
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]