Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385]

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113042 times)

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5760 on: October 24, 2023, 08:52:59 am »

Are there still major features missing from v50.11 classic? I have been hesitant to upgrade since playing premium on launch day and being disappointed at what was missing. Now that Dwarf Therapist and DFHack support v50, I'm wondering if I should be playing that in classic mode instead, but there aren't any starter packs for it. Are there plans to upgrade the starter pack to v50 eventually, or are we still waiting for previous versions' features to be migrated over?

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: October 26, 2023, 10:34:36 am »

Are there still major features missing from v50.11 classic? I have been hesitant to upgrade since playing premium on launch day and being disappointed at what was missing. Now that Dwarf Therapist and DFHack support v50, I'm wondering if I should be playing that in classic mode instead, but there aren't any starter packs for it. Are there plans to upgrade the starter pack to v50 eventually, or are we still waiting for previous versions' features to be migrated over?

Still waiting for Starter Pack utilities to be upgraded at least, I guess - Legends Viewer/Browser are both still suffering from a lack of data, as you perhaps know. Edit: Viewer more than Browser, in any case.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 06:42:13 pm by Silverwing235 »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: October 26, 2023, 08:18:24 pm »

Are there plans to upgrade the starter pack to v50 eventually, or are we still waiting for previous versions' features to be migrated over?

See:

Traditionally [old superstition with some basis in fact!] this kind of update would be immediately followed by a DF release, and another round of frantic community patching by all of the many many people who make this possible... and who knows when the Steam release might be?  (not me - I truly don't have any inside info)  When it does though, I'm expecting to "retire": the Steam edition should help beginners appreciate DF better than anything I can cobble together, and that's always been my motivation for this pack.  It's also been going for a long time - next May I'll celebrate ten years of the Starter Pack, with LucusUp's original-flavor LNP dating further back to 2010!

Ladies, gentlemen, dwarves, and other overseers; it is and has been an honour.  Strike the Earth!
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Vagabundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: November 07, 2023, 05:19:49 am »

I'm missing the starter pack even just for the ease with changing tilesets and some settings.

I know the 50 release has been such a boon for Toady, but I feel its left the community that hacked away on it in the dust with people moving on etc.

There doesn't seem to be any tilesets for Classic that I can find. :(

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #5764 on: November 11, 2023, 02:10:22 pm »

Making a tileset for v50 is at least two orders of magnitude more work than making one for prior versions. There are 256 tiles in a pre-v50 tileset; there are around 5000 in a v50 tileset. The problem here should be obvious.

Vagabundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: November 17, 2023, 06:50:02 am »

Making a tileset for v50 is at least two orders of magnitude more work than making one for prior versions. There are 256 tiles in a pre-v50 tileset; there are around 5000 in a v50 tileset. The problem here should be obvious.

Ah, that makes sense. Is a partial tileset possible do you know?

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel
« Reply #5766 on: December 03, 2023, 02:10:15 pm »

Ah, that makes sense. Is a partial tileset possible do you know?

To be honest, for certain objects (walls, floor, stones, etc.) you could do with just recolored sprite which is less work to make than a brand new ones. That should cut down on some work, though I understand how much of an effort this is, even with cutting corners. Still, I would compare it to the more complete DF tilesets for 0.47 (Vettlingr, etc.) that are TWBT-aware in terms of effort required to make one.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

blitz4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: December 12, 2023, 03:52:00 pm »

Wanted to share an easy fix to the black screen for anyone using 47.05

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138754.msg8516129#msg8516129

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: April 20, 2024, 06:02:12 pm »

Does Armok Vision not work for anyone else? I can get it to load but it is real laggy and first person mode does not work.

Edit:  It appears that Peridexis is not updating this pack anymore. Does anyone know which utilities have newer versions for 47.05? I can see that DF Hack has a newer version. Is there anything else?

Edit 2: Version 19.1 of Armok Vision was the last version I found which works for 47.05 and includes first person mode.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 07:09:37 pm by Halnoth »
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385]