Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Iton Ral, Looping Bloodline  (Read 1641 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Iton Ral, Looping Bloodline
« on: November 30, 2015, 11:12:06 pm »

Iton Ral, The Halls of Silver
This is the Looping Bloodline game surrounding the fortress Iton Ral (The Halls of Silver). There will be 10 slots of overseers who, after the tenth overseer, the list will start from the beginning. I will start this Bloodline when all ten slots are filled.

Rules:
  • This game will be played in 1 In-game year turns, from 1st Granite to 1st Granite of the next year, after you save the game, upload the save to a file site and post the link.
  • Do not Purposely destroy the Fortress (i.e. Flooding it with magma) IF you do, the save will be reverted and you will wait until the game loops back to you.
  • If you are unable to play anymore turns, your spot will be handed to the next player in line.
  • You can not purposely kill off another player's avatar.
Please post your applications below. May Armok help our poor souls.

List of Overseers
1-TheImmortalRyukan
2-Urlance Woolsbane
3-Eritzap
4-Gwolfski
5-KingMurdoc
6-jwoodward48df
7-10terrapin01
8-Galena
9-Open
10-Open

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:22:19 am by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Iton Ral, Looping Bloodline
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 12:26:10 am »

Ooh, so we get to face the consequences of our actions, nine years down the line? Not a bad idea! Count me in!
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 02:13:17 am »

before I claim my spot, what version will we be using?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:43:37 am »

before I claim my spot, what version will we be using?

I won't start the game until 1- the new version comes out and 2- when a decent tile set becomes available (if this take too long I'll begin the game anyway)

Ooh, so we get to face the consequences of our actions, nine years down the line? Not a bad idea! Count me in!

Yup, I also added you to the list.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:48:04 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 12:16:33 pm »

Well, while we wait how about a little backstory.

Journal of Ryukan, 3rd of Limestone, 124
  Well here I am, sitting in one of these new taverns (I must say, the new design is somthing else). I bought this journal from a passing Dwarf caravan on my way to the southern mountains. I must say I'm rather lucky I found this tavern before night fell, I have lost a good many friends to the terrors of the night.

The reason I'm in a tavern and traveling? Well, you see, I'm an adventurer... well used to be, till I took a freakin goblin arrow to the knee. After a few months in that butcher's shop they call a Hospital, I was allowed to leave. I thought my life was over, all I had ever wanted was to do in life was explore the world and slay the dragons. I managed to make a name for myself within our Kingdom, and one afternoon, as I lay moping in bed, a letter was slid under my door. I opened it, expecting another letter of condolence, and to my surprise, found a charter signed by the king telling me I was given command over one of the expeditions. I figured anything was better than wasting my life away, so I got packed and left.

So here I am, two weeks later on my way south to meet up with the six other dwarves who will be under my command. I already know one, a chap by the name of Urlance Woolsbane. I figure he'l be a decent chap, I'm already writing correspondence to find out who the other 5 fellows are. I'll write again during the next stop, but for now, my tea and beef (I consider myself a more civilized example of our society) has come and I have to eat while listening to this local music.

I'll add more entries until the game starts, feel free to write your own entries to flesh out your character.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:25:48 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 01:18:26 pm »

stick me *calculates turns allocated* for 4th place.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Eritzap

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 02:23:23 pm »

I'd be interested to join the party.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 04:43:19 pm »

I'll take a slot, I guess. I might swap it back to ASCII while I play though tbh, I don't like tilesets.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 07:16:08 pm »

I'll take a slot, I guess. I might swap it back to ASCII while I play though tbh, I don't like tilesets.

I don't care bout the tileset, I just use them to help me focus. Glad to have you tho

I'd be interested to join the party.

Glad to have you, may whatever powers that be save your sanity

stick me *calculates turns allocated* for 4th place.

4th place it is, glad to have you as well.

All of you feel free to create your characters via Journal and/or whatever method you choose. I'll post a journal update everyday until we start. When the new version comes out, I'll gen the world and post the map here and I will hold a poll on where to place our abode.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 10:31:30 pm »

The World
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will begin tomorrow. If we get to the end of the list and no one else has signed up (as in, if there are only 5 or 6), the list will return to me and will restart until the list is complete.

Journal of Ryukan, 124

I arrived at our meeting point today and met 2 other companions of mine. We go over the maps and find the best spot, we will embark tomorrow. I am rather excited at this prospect. I wish myself the best of luck, till the 'morrow.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:52:25 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 03:43:05 pm »

I want in on this!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 11:44:29 am »

I want in on this!

You're in, but be warned, this new version is, so far, highly buggy. I'm trying to gen the world, but it keeps crashing  :P This is my first attempt at a bloodline, so expect ALOT of... !FUN!

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 02:22:30 pm »

You should probably wait a few days until the bugfix update is released. Also, I'd like to be in, as long as there will be plenty of soap by my turn. I need soap.
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 02:26:20 pm »

I would like Oversee this new fortress as well. Hopefully the Halls of Silver shall reign eternal(Or at least until the next major version)!
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 07:34:56 pm »

You should probably wait a few days until the bugfix update is released. Also, I'd like to be in, as long as there will be plenty of soap by my turn. I need soap.

I plan on it, and the more the merrier. I'll add you to the list and soap? Pls enlighten me on this story via a journal entry.

I would like Oversee this new fortress as well. Hopefully the Halls of Silver shall reign eternal(Or at least until the next major version)!

Welcome aboard. My MAIN goal is to become the Capitol of whatever civ I choose. After that... Conquer the Circus. In all reality, we'll probably die because one of us forgot to make enough stills. Or we ran out of cheese.

Pages: [1] 2