Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Iton Ral, Looping Bloodline  (Read 1660 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Iton Ral, Looping Bloodline
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 08:12:35 pm »

Journal of Ryukan, 5th of Limestone 124

Well, I apparently missed an important detail in this charter. Instead of ruling just once for a year, I am to rule once every 10th year. I almost screamed and threw the charter in the fire place. I had hoped to retire after that first year and spend my life writing this new "poetry" (what an odd name, though I hear it sounds good when done right). Alas, it's not to be. I guess I'll still go through with this, I have no choice. I do harbor dreams of creating a fortress that will put the mountain homes to shame. I have VAUGE plans of a few "projects" I have in mind.

On another note, I learned the name of 6 more of my fellow overseers. I will be in correspondence with them establishing a "pact" with each other. I have heard tales of fortresses come to ruin via bickering rulers, even instances of Civil War. I hope that these fears won't come to fruit, but for safety, I'll start a small personal guard for myself when I establish the fort, because I will have no power for 9 years.

Journal of Ryukan, 6th Limestone, 124

I was off by a few days about my arrival time at our new outpost, we are still a few days away. I will continue to write every day until all things are ready. I have been reading up on past outposts and their causes of collapse. I discovered that megalomania and supervilliany was the root of most of these problems. I will have to keep things in check. I have finished a letter that I copied 9 times and sent it out to my various compatriots.
  My letter:
    "Dear Compatriot,
       I want to hear of your "project" ideas and your plans for the fortress. What path do you wish to take. I wish to hear back from you. As you probably no doubt know, I am a renowned adventurer and I love to keeps journals, I advise you to do the same, because even if we do managed to build a decent fortress, we will no doubted die gruesome deaths. We might as well chronicle our rise (and eventual fall).
       I await your replies,
                  Ryukan"
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 10:02:54 pm »

Letter to Ryukan, 8th of Limestone
Ryukan, I believe I must take umbrage with some of the statements in your letter. Die a gruesome death? Me? You are a foolhardy dwarvern adventurer, so your ignorance is understandable. While you are a famed adventurer, I have undertaken the thankless job of scholarly pursuits! As such I have attained much wisdom. Feeble minds can not comprehend the path to old age, without taking on the dreaded title of nobility. I have uncovered the secret in my infinite wisdom. I shall live long and prosper with my blessed brain. Yet there is even more to grasp at. Within this fort, I shall dedicate a wing to the grandest accumulation of dwarvern knowledge ever seen! As the ancient texts say 'Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!'
Respectfully yours,
The Grand Scribe Terrapin
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 05:47:50 am »

ive found out that some worlds are destined to crash. some are not.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 07:22:09 am »

Journal of Galena
 Me, a fortress overseer? I cannot help but think this is a horrible idea. I have no experience whatsoever- I'm a doctor, for (insert God of fire/magma here)'s sake. At least the fortress will be healthy.

Hopefully this fort turns out better than the last fort I was in. They didn't believe me when I told them I needed soap. I just needed one bar! "90% of fortress's are lost due to soap shortages", I said. They never listen! Every single person in that fort died of fatal "4th finger nail, right hand"  infections. This fort will be different.  If I accomplish anything as overseer (OOC: unlikely), I will fill this fort with soap.
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2015, 09:21:16 am »

Journal of Ryukan, 8th Limestone 124

ME, FOOLHARDY?!? That quisling, that blasphemous, elf-loving snot! I will have a word with that "Grand Scribe" Terrapin. Mocking both me and my adventuring career. Humph. ... I need to cool off. I think I'll have a nice *strawberry wine* with some bread and cheese. I wrote a new poem today. I recited it in front of the crowd in the tavern, I got mixed results. Though no one thought it was "that bad". I still have to practice this new form, I hope I become quite good at it.
  In other news, I have recruited our first 6 dwarfs whom will accompany me to the new site. I think I'll make 1 a miner, 1 a woodsdwarf, one a craftsdwarf, 1 a farmer, and 2 the first of our fortress guard (one will be the first of my "Secret Police"). I plan on using my SP to find traitors and lock them up before it gets out of hand. I already have one such in mind...

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 10:31:49 pm »

UPDATE

I am gonna start this fortress on Dec 12. Please be on by then to respond to updates and get this game started. There are still spots available if anyone wants to join. Just msg me and I will add you to the list.

Pages: 1 [2]