Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.01 Released  (Read 60121 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.42.01 Released
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2015, 09:03:27 am »

Time to listen to music and sleep while worldgen finishes doing its thing.
The history of The Momentous Planes is at year 1005 now... doubtless it will crash once it finishes. :P
Hopefully I have some interesting DF-inspired dreams.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2015, 09:14:41 am »

Look at it this way - I don't doubt you'll have the oldest world in the new version by the end of it. You'll go down in the histories! :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2015, 09:29:42 am »

Is this release save compatible?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

heuristicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2015, 09:36:50 am »

Is it possible to see what locations are associated with? I've designated a couple of temples to specific gods, but once they're designated I haven't found a way to see which god a location is assigned to.

The locations and occupations menu doesn't appear to have anything, and the names of the temples don't seem to be related with the group name of the worshippers of the deity.

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2015, 10:38:10 am »

Found these in my error log, they didn't look familiar so I figure this isn't a bad place to put them:

Code: [Select]
path fail: reacher,112,27,43 -> 112,24,43: Id #930:Path Goal Marauder Mill:Station Marauder Mill at 115,21,61
path fail: reacher,112,27,43 -> 113,24,43: Id #930:Path Goal Marauder Mill:Station Marauder Mill at 112,24,43

I'm not sure if they're related to a crash I got after a migrant wave or not.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2015, 10:44:55 am »

Is this release save compatible?
Seriously? I mean, it would most likely not. Go and try to load a save game yourself and report back.

Had a crash while trying to play dwarf mode in a freshly made world. This is how it went.

After I came out of the shock of joy by the new release I downloaded it, then made a world with the predefined values in Create New Wolrd! After that I entered the testing arena to do battle against a giant mosquito (I died, horribly). Then I tried to play dwarf mode and it crashed, nothing is on the logs besides the lost battle with the mosquito (in retrospective I shouldn't have equipped it with steel armor).

The crash happened on the screen where you see the calendar, sometimes when it reach the 8th day of Granite, others when it reach the 11th or 12th. And it crashes almost every time I try to play dwarf mode or adventurer mode. I had to make 4 attempts to get it to load Dwarf mode.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:50:45 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dwurf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2015, 10:54:14 am »

Woo! New release! Currently generating my first world. Got the civ placement freeze, but setting number of civs to low on a medium sized world seems to have bypassed it.

Also, for Arch Linux users: I modified the old dwarffortress-spacefox PKGBUILD to work with the new version (but without the Spacefox tileset, obviously! I just used that PKGBUILD as a template, so to speak.)

Here it is: http://pastebin.com/45hNqXNj
(I did not add myself to the credits since this is mostly a workaround/unofficial "hack")

Also, I had to do "sudo chown -R <my user name> /opt/df_linux" after installation to get it to work correctly even though my user is in the games group. So do that if the game exits with an error about not having permissions for something. Apart from that this should work. And oh, for some reason building the df-unfuck graphics library froze when doing makepkg, but worked fine when building the library manually from the command line. No idea what that's about, but it can be worked around.

Hope this helps anyone on Arch Linux to get the game running until someone who actually knows what they're doing make an official package for DF :)

EDIT: Forget it, the df-unfuck isn't updated to work with the latest version, making the keybindings all scrambled and weird and the game gets rather unusable. At least I believe that's why the keybindings in-game doesn't match interface.txt at all, at least here on my computer.

EDIT: Hey, df-unfuck actually *is* updated! I discovered that my PKGBUILD doesn't work out of the box though. If there's demand, I can try to make a more complete AUR package available.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:52:59 pm by Dwurf »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2015, 11:00:16 am »

Some crashes in game during the calendar screen, crashing in Fortress mode, and crashing during worldgen rarely. Havne't tried adventurer mode so I can't say if that's stable.

But the new features.. my god. Thank you for yet another great release Toady. I'm having a blast once again.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:02:13 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Vilhelm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2015, 11:22:04 am »

Toady... you are amazing! But we all know that already  ;)

sobachatina

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2015, 02:59:14 pm »

Can't wait to try all the new features.
Right now can't get past the crashes.

World gen crashed 4 times, all in the history step between years 115 - 130.
I reduced the history length to small and made it through world gen.

Starting a game always crashes on the calendar within the first 5 days of the first month.
Looking at the disassembly it looks like it's referencing an object member of a null pointer.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help reproduce or debug. I'm excited for this to work.

(Win7 Professional SP1)

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2015, 03:04:29 pm »

There are lots of seeds for the world generation issues... I think. You should go to the bugtracker and post the seeds for the world that you have that issue with along with the settings.

It's likely to be related to the calendar screen bug that seems to be cropping up a lot(though I don't know how the code works), but it seems likely to be related.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2015, 03:07:43 pm »

Incidentally, I wound up getting suggested vim, which worked fine where vi didn't.

For editing a binary file, this is absolutely true.  Vim and emacs can handle binary files.  Most other text editors can't.

Whoever wrote the tutorial you've been following probably had been using vim as vi for so long that they forgot there's a difference.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2015, 04:26:46 pm »

Yes! It's fucking Christmas.

Thanks Toady (& ThreeToe). If I ever make money you're #1 on my donation list.
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2015, 04:49:23 pm »

I think placing civilizations is probably a good candidate for freezes, since that's where all the new art forms are generated.  I just haven't gotten it to reproduce yet, so I can't yet fix it.

This is something I always have to watch out for in Dark Ages, where I have added many civs but there isn't always enough space in the world to place them.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2015, 07:50:20 pm »

New release has arrived.
Bug-hunting season has started.
Merry hunting!
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9