Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 190388 times)

Atrushan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1065 on: May 26, 2016, 11:36:10 am »

Try

[REAGENT:glass:ROUGH:NONE:GLASS_GREEN]
   [REAGENT:wood:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]

The reagents need names.

Alright, I added the names. I also discovered that I'd forgotten to add in amounts. So, this:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_GLASS_SWORD]
[NAME:make green glass sword]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S]
[REAGENT:glass:1:ROUGH:NONE:GLASS_GREEN]
[REAGENT:wood:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:glass:NONE]
[SKILL:GLASSMAKER]
now creates one green glass short sword from one raw green glass and one log.

This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, guys!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 26, 2016, 11:50:59 am »

Alright, I added the names. I also discovered that I'd forgotten to add in amounts.
Good troubleshooting!  That skill comes in really handy during modding.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 27, 2016, 03:05:33 am »

Q: If one were to mod a wood material by removing the [SPEC_HEAT:#] token, would doing so make it impossible for said wood material to catch on fire or be used as fuel in a wood furnace? Even removing the [SPEC_HEAT:#] token, it would still have an [IGNITE_POINT:#]. Wouldn't that be enough?

The reason I ask is because the wiki page on Dragonfire explains that slade is immune because "the raws do not define a specific heat for slade." So I was thinking of modding nether-cap wood by removing [SPEC_HEAT:#] to make it immune, with the hope of maintaining the rest of its usual properties, such as being burned at a wood furnace, etc.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 27, 2016, 03:37:12 am »

Nether-cap is immune to fire due to having fixed temp (MAT_FIXED_TEMP). Not sure what the default specific heat is. The implication there seems to be that slade has absolutely no specific heat capacity, which is interesting. AFAIK that either implies zero thermal conductivity (and thus perfect insulation) or infinite thermal conductivity (superconductivity).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:39:03 am by Putnam »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 27, 2016, 01:49:32 pm »

Is there any way to get the POWER creature token working again for these new versions?

I tried giving it to dragons (while making them intelligent as well), and it all works fine during worldgen. But in-game, they'll be hostile to everyone (including the adventurer) nearby in No Quarter combat.

Removing the MEGABEAST tag doesn't seem to work either. Dragons just don't seem to spawn during worldgen without it. And even if they are spawning, they don't seem to be conquering civilizations.
I'm haven't used [POWER] yet, but I suppose removing [LARGE_PREDATOR] would help. also creatures with [NATURAL] generally don't fight with creatures that have [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE] so maybe
that would work?
quick question of my own: if a creature has LOCKPICKER(or is it LOCK_PICKER?) but not CANOPENDOORS what happens?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:55:46 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #1070 on: May 27, 2016, 02:42:49 pm »

Any tips on the best way to get citizens to use a self-targeting interaction as soon as it's available to them?  I'm trying to put together a potion-based magic system, where each potion temporarily provides an interaction that unlocks permanent boosts and powers, if the creature has the right tags.  I don't want to just apply the effects direction from the potion because most of them are only supposed to work on someone who's already used the proper initial potions, which should be mutually exclusive.  I remember that creatures in fortress mode used to work any interaction with no usage hint almost immediately whenever they could, but the citizens in my potion-testing fort don't seem to be using the interactions to unlock their new powers.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #1071 on: May 27, 2016, 05:31:12 pm »

Which is better? Bronze or iron? And what are they good for?
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 27, 2016, 07:03:43 pm »

Which is better? Bronze or iron? And what are they good for?
Bronze is better, a close second to steel. It's both heavier and stronger, so it's pretty much better for everything.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:08:58 pm by ManaUser »
Akur Akir Akam!

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 27, 2016, 07:11:37 pm »

Bronze is stronger than iron but less tough, I.E. it bends less easily but shatters more easily. It's better for armor against units without weapons but worse for armor against units with. All in all, I'd say iron is better than bronze for armor.

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: May 27, 2016, 07:16:48 pm »

Oh. You know when I said "everything" was really thinking of all types of weapons (which is why I counted weight as a good point). But in retrospect that was a very misleading way to put it. Thanks for clarifying that.
Akur Akir Akam!

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #1076 on: May 28, 2016, 06:34:27 pm »

Is there a way to apply an interaction directly from a syndrome, the way vampire blood applies the vampire interaction?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: May 28, 2016, 06:53:15 pm »

How do you control what metals a culture has access to? I'd like to make humans use iron.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #1078 on: May 28, 2016, 07:37:20 pm »

How do you control what metals a culture has access to? I'd like to make humans use iron.
I believe the easiest way to make sure an entity has a particular metal is to give them a reaction that produces that metal.  I don't think it has to be associated with a building or anything, just permitted for the entity.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: May 28, 2016, 07:39:27 pm »

Humans should already have access to iron, in an unmodded game. All civs which have basic metalworking have access to non-alloy metals like iron, silver, and copper if they're available in the region the civ lives in. You can give them access to alloys like bronze by adding reactions that produce the bronze.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 137