Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 191091 times)

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1155 on: June 26, 2016, 03:34:10 am »

you can script the entire process, but you will have to override the original details menu and its a lot of work. but potentially, its much more powerful because you can set everything.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1156 on: June 26, 2016, 01:17:51 pm »

Is there a way to make a weapon's attack more inaccurate without making the entire weapon more inaccurate? I'm making a custom whip with an attack that specifically hits with the tip, and I want it to be extremely powerful but hard to hit with, but the weapon also has a standard attack..
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 26, 2016, 01:24:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure that accuracy is nothing but skill and circumstance. Weapons don't have an intrinsic property like that.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 26, 2016, 10:33:42 pm »

Is there a way to make a weapon's attack more inaccurate without making the entire weapon more inaccurate? I'm making a custom whip with an attack that specifically hits with the tip, and I want it to be extremely powerful but hard to hit with, but the weapon also has a standard attack..

Not really, if you are talking about fortress mode then you can just had several copies of the standard attack and only one of the custom attack, so that it isn't chosen as much. You can also alter the preparation and recovery times for the attacks. But in terms of accuracy, there is nothing that can be done.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1159 on: June 27, 2016, 07:36:51 am »

Why does the game insist on giving my civilization's leather clothing sources boots? The civ I'm playing as has no stance parts and thus can't wear boots, and I removed them from the entity entirely.
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
sig text

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 28, 2016, 02:37:21 pm »

Does anyone know what all affects whether a site will be conquered or pillaged in worldgen?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 28, 2016, 03:22:57 pm »

Wasn't that determined by site preferences? Conquer what you like to settle and burn the rest?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 28, 2016, 03:24:52 pm »

Well, in my experience with goblin retreats, human pits and elven towns, not necessarily.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 28, 2016, 03:55:41 pm »

I made humans like every site. They didn't conquer more often than usual. In fact, it caused them to attack other human nations, something I've never seen before.

EDIT: It may be something in the leader's personality. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 04:03:19 pm by TheFlame52 »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 28, 2016, 04:16:27 pm »

I've seen human-only worldgens get into multiple wars - with the humans spawning from a single parent civ. They do that, even if there's no visible indicator without looking into legends.

I assume that there must not be somebody they'll hate more, like elves, in the range, but that's only a guess.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 28, 2016, 05:52:47 pm »

Well yeah, I've seen quite a few town-on-town civil wars within a nation, but until now I never saw any human-on-human wars.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 28, 2016, 10:50:24 pm »

Humans have randomized ethics, and ethical differences are a big driver in the game's "Do I want to start a war this morning?" routine.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 29, 2016, 11:00:21 am »

I've created worlds with a single tile of land (accomplished by generating a world with a maximum elevation below sea level and then adding a single volcano). However, because there are no civilizations, I can't play any mode but legends.

I've tried adding [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE] to an underground race (such as gorlaks) but it only makes gorlak outsiders viable in games with other civilizations. What do I need to do if I want to explore my single-tile world?

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1168 on: June 29, 2016, 12:54:25 pm »

I've created worlds with a single tile of land (accomplished by generating a world with a maximum elevation below sea level and then adding a single volcano). However, because there are no civilizations, I can't play any mode but legends.

I've tried adding [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE] to an underground race (such as gorlaks) but it only makes gorlak outsiders viable in games with other civilizations. What do I need to do if I want to explore my single-tile world?
I think there absolutely has to be at least one civilization generated at some point for a world to be playable.
sig text

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 29, 2016, 01:22:14 pm »

I think there absolutely has to be at least one civilization generated at some point for a world to be playable.

Yes, but aren't there underground civilizations too? How can I make those register as 'generated'?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 137