Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 191093 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1275 on: July 27, 2016, 09:53:31 am »

All of the spoilered stuff causes the game to crash at some point if they exist.
What's causing it? sometimes they crash during world-gen, sometimes when starting adventure, sometimes when starting a fort, and sometimes in adv-mode when you try to take a step. They had brackets in the right place, before I commented them out. The errorlog shows NOTHING wrong.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:27:46 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 27, 2016, 02:05:10 pm »

Ok, so this entity
Is causing the game to crash during worldgen at the "finalizing sites" part at its very end. I can't see anything wrong with the sites, though, which is, at best, strange. Anyone got any insights?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 27, 2016, 02:50:56 pm »

Your positions such as [MONARCH] need to be differently named else the raws source it from dwarven [MONARCH] (its also a basic reason why elves have a queen)

Other little problems (will edit list if i see anything else)
  • Religion responsibilities (because they are explicitly linked to druidism and druidism skills i think as per elves) cause the game to crash even off site
  • Also great-chief is never replaced because there is not a trigger such as 'population' to force the transition, same goes for your other positions. This is a common cause of crashes.

I know much of these facts from my own experiences in modding goblins to be site controlled (with suprisingly good success, cohesion and not violating goblin raws too hard), your forces of chaos seem interesting if a little excessive on the positions.

Please remember everyone to put your code into [ code][ /code] please using the little (#) symbol in the posting toolbar. It makes it easier to read and easier on the eyes to analyse.

@pikachu17, your trees look alright, but just keep in mind that there isn't any soil underground for plants to root into (mushrooms have no roots and grow on moss directly), therefore your trees might be freaking out because of the enviroment. Also i am unfamiliar with your interaction that you have built, removing it temporarily to ensure that its not the cause of the crash and asking around for additional help would be recommended.

If you've copy and pasted, remember everything token related goes into brackets
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:52:34 pm by FantasticDorf »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 27, 2016, 03:27:15 pm »

Your positions such as [MONARCH] need to be differently named else the raws source it from dwarven [MONARCH] (its also a basic reason why elves have a queen)

?? Really? I guess I've always coincidentally named my nobles differently from dwarves, but poking through the loaded raws tells me positions are stored on an entity-by-entity basis and conflicts like that really shouldn't happen.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 27, 2016, 03:35:24 pm »

I have had no such problems with conflicts where two different entities use the same tokens either. That's probably not the problem.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 27, 2016, 03:53:59 pm »

?? Really? I guess I've always coincidentally named my nobles differently from dwarves, but poking through the loaded raws tells me positions are stored on an entity-by-entity basis and conflicts like that really shouldn't happen.

I have had no such problems with conflicts where two different entities use the same tokens either. That's probably not the problem.

Always a good chance i may be wrong but my logic reasoning has never caused me a raw problem before personally. Generated positions are non-defined so we wouldn't know the exact tokens and token relations. Doing it for good measure would also make them easier to find in the notepad 'find' function and help differentiate them more, its only a name change, if not to help just rule it out if it is a problem.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 27, 2016, 04:02:58 pm »

Always a good chance i may be wrong but my logic reasoning has never caused me a raw problem before personally. Generated positions are non-defined so we wouldn't know the exact tokens and token relations. Doing it for good measure would also make them easier to find in the notepad 'find' function and help differentiate them more, its only a name change, if not to help just rule it out if it is a problem.
Every single other of the 10+ entities also has a monarch and no crashes. Also, as mentioned, it only ever crashes after a set amount of years (unsure, but around 90) pass in worldgen.

Other little problems (will edit list if i see anything else)
  • Religion responsibilities (because they are explicitly linked to druidism and druidism skills i think as per elves) cause the game to crash even off site
Also have in others with no issues.

• Also great-chief is never replaced because there is not a trigger such as 'population' to force the transition, same goes for your other positions. This is a common cause of crashes.
Might be this. Will test.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 29, 2016, 12:52:21 pm »

My Underhive Settlement reboot sometimes crashes when you select an embark location. This seems to be linked to specific biomes (eg, a specific mountain biome, not all mountain biomes). Anyone know what can cause this?

I an embark location works it always works, and if it crashes it always crashes, so it's not random.

The mod download is over here if you want to look at the raws.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 29, 2016, 01:20:54 pm »

My Underhive Settlement reboot sometimes crashes when you select an embark location. This seems to be linked to specific biomes (eg, a specific mountain biome, not all mountain biomes). Anyone know what can cause this?

I an embark location works it always works, and if it crashes it always crashes, so it's not random.

The mod download is over here if you want to look at the raws.
It might be a creature, plant or inorganic that appears in that specific biome. Is the errorlog clean?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 29, 2016, 01:28:54 pm »

The only thing in the error log is stuff that is supposed to be there (a note about the missing flame material template preventing random creature generation), and lots of stuff about "impoverished word selector" from worldgen. BTW: "impoverished word selector", what does it mean?

I tried removing most of the creatures (different ones different times), and that didn't help. There are no biome specific plants (only two trees, and farmable plants with ANY_LAND). Could it be inorganics somehow?
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 29, 2016, 01:33:27 pm »

@pikachu17, your trees look alright, but just keep in mind that there isn't any soil underground for plants to root into (mushrooms have no roots and grow on moss directly), therefore your trees might be freaking out because of the enviroment. Also i am unfamiliar with your interaction that you have built, removing it temporarily to ensure that its not the cause of the crash and asking around for additional help would be recommended.

If you've copy and pasted, remember everything token related goes into brackets
Everything was in proper brackets. I didn't isolate the two chocolate trees to see which one caused the crash, but there's underground trees in vanilla, isn't there? well, maybe not. if so, the underground one is probably causing it.
The interaction was isolated to be causing the crash. here it is again for reference.
Nothing shows in the errorlog. the idea is that a vampire resurrects some corpses, but a later after they do so, the vampire spawn goes opposed_to_life thus attacking non-vampires
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 29, 2016, 01:34:18 pm »

The only thing in the error log is stuff that is supposed to be there (a note about the missing flame material template preventing random creature generation), and lots of stuff about "impoverished word selector" from worldgen. BTW: "impoverished word selector", what does it mean?

I tried removing most of the creatures (different ones different times), and that didn't help. There are no biome specific plants (only two trees, and farmable plants with ANY_LAND). Could it be inorganics somehow?
IIRC "impoverished word selector" means that a language symbol didn't have enough words to generate unique names for all the objects it was called upon to name.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 29, 2016, 02:14:05 pm »

Good to know. I suppose I'll have to see about fixing that. sigh

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 01, 2016, 01:01:39 pm »

OK, I fixed my embark crash (I was missing a shield item), now on to other things.

Does anyone know where to find a string dump for the localization tool that covers 43.3? Failing that, does anyone know how to generate such a dump?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 01, 2016, 03:51:12 pm »

So I added [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP] to the dwarf in the entity file with the other weapons but I still can't make whips
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 137