Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 190784 times)

icer667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1350 on: August 21, 2016, 02:21:20 pm »

is it possible to create a new skill for ranged weapons?

for example, when it's [RANGED:CROSSBOW:BOLT], what is the :CROSSBOW: for? Do i need to change other things to change :CROSSBOW: to something else and have the game still work?

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 21, 2016, 03:33:16 pm »

for example, when it's [RANGED:CROSSBOW:BOLT], what is the :CROSSBOW: for? Do i need to change other things to change :CROSSBOW: to something else and have the game still work?

I think you could set it to be any combat skill, but I'm not sure.

Also, is it possible to set syndromes used by interaction attacks to localized? As in, if I have a touch interaction, would that work? I have a feeling it wouldn't, but I don't know, and it'd be nice to have localized necrosis for this magic-y thing I'm working on.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 21, 2016, 07:11:04 pm »

Right, well, it's been a while since I've done much new with material values, however as my interest has come back in doing so, I'm trying to remember / relearn how to apply real world material value to the RAWs. 

And the wiki hasn't exactly been too in depth there, so I'm moderately lost at the moment. 
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 21, 2016, 07:27:47 pm »

I think you could set it to be any combat skill, but I'm not sure.
Pretty sure you can set it to any skill, and I mean any. It dictates which skill it uses to shoot things.

Also, is it possible to set syndromes used by interaction attacks to localized? As in, if I have a touch interaction, would that work? I have a feeling it wouldn't, but I don't know, and it'd be nice to have localized necrosis for this magic-y thing I'm working on.
Don't think so.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 23, 2016, 12:06:34 pm »

My lho plant for the Underhive settlement mod is acting really weird. You can grow it in farm plots just fine, but when your settlers go to harvest it you don't get anything. (they harvest the plant, there is no result returned) This does not effect any of the other farmable plants, most of which are nearly identical.

Here are the raws for the Lho plant:

Code: [Select]
[PLANT:LHO_GUTTER]
[NAME:gutter lho][NAME_PLURAL:gutter lho][ADJ:gutter lho]
[PREFSTRING:intoxicating aroma]
[PREFSTRING:noxious fumes]

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:4]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRIED:LEAF_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:dried lho leaf]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:4:0:0][STATE_COLOR:ALL:BROWN]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:6]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:4]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[SEED:gutter lho seed:gutter lho seeds:15:0:0:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]

[AUTUMN][WINTER]
[WET]
[BIOME:ANY_LAND]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:1]
[GROWDUR:600]
[FREQUENCY:90]
[CLUSTERSIZE:5]

[PICKED_TILE:5]
[DEAD_PICKED_TILE:5]
[PICKED_COLOR:10:0:0]
[SHRUB_TILE:5]
[DEAD_SHRUB_TILE:28]
[SHRUB_COLOR:10:0:0]
[DEAD_SHRUB_COLOR:8:0:0]

Help?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 23, 2016, 09:28:20 pm »

Got an example of one of those nearly identical sibling plants? There must be some kind of difference.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 24, 2016, 01:05:50 am »

I've got no ideas. Code looks good and it appears in game. Haven't been able to embark with the stuff, but the shrubs do appear in the wild. However, every single one of them I've managed to spot has been dead. Never seen a live shrub. So I can't get ahold of seeds to farm. That's solely aboveground, though. Haven't spotted any underground.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 26, 2016, 11:15:18 am »

I figured it out, it's a bug in DF. It seems that any plant lacking one or more of the following properties is not harvestable:

* An edible main material
* A mill result material
* An extract material (vial or barrel)
* A thread material
* I may be forgetting/missing one

Surprisingly the presence of a drink material is not enough.

Once I added a "dummy" extract it worked fine. Apparently this was broken when all the plant changes were made in .40? (I think it was .40) Anyway, I'll go report this on the bug tracker in a minute.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 26, 2016, 02:15:56 pm »

I figured it out, it's a bug in DF. It seems that any plant lacking one or more of the following properties is not harvestable:

* An edible main material
* A mill result material
* An extract material (vial or barrel)
* A thread material
* I may be forgetting/missing one

Surprisingly the presence of a drink material is not enough.

Once I added a "dummy" extract it worked fine. Apparently this was broken when all the plant changes were made in .40? (I think it was .40) Anyway, I'll go report this on the bug tracker in a minute.
It doesn't need to be an extract or mill product, I think just about any reaction product works fine.  Plants like this one:
Spoiler: Example gem vine (click to show/hide)
Drop their fruit upon maturing, and the plant itself seems to vanish.  Maybe add a dummy reaction product to the structural material to see if that lets it stick around.  Without a specific reaction to use that reaction product, you don't run the risk of messing up vanilla reactions.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 26, 2016, 02:20:22 pm »

Sorry if I wasn't clear, by extract or mill I mean a material used by the MILL or EXTRACT_BARREL and EXTRACT_VIAL tags. I did not test adding material reaction products to the main material, so that may work too.

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 26, 2016, 04:36:50 pm »

For a lark I decided to mod in glass weapons and armor (Morrowind, ho!), but I've noticed that glass crossbow bolts neither get equipped nor stored in ammo stockpiles.  Are they just not functional in the current hodgepodge of code?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 31, 2016, 10:28:13 am »

Is there any way to make a fort mode civ be able to make certain weapons/armor in a mood, without being able to make them otherwise?
Is there any way to make swords have hilts(possibly being made of a different material)?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 31, 2016, 11:34:18 am »

Is there any way to make a fort mode civ be able to make certain weapons/armor in a mood, without being able to make them otherwise?
Is there any way to make swords have hilts(possibly being made of a different material)?

Sure, just define stuff and don't give the civ permissions or reactions to make those. Moods should ignore all availability constraints.
Not conventionally, no. Defining whole new improvements is still strictly Toady's lot.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: September 02, 2016, 01:29:16 pm »

Sure, just define stuff and don't give the civ permissions or reactions to make those. Moods should ignore all availability constraints.
what do you mean by permissions? do you mean that if I simply define the weapon/armor in a item file, but don't have a [WEAPON:FOO] or [ARMOR:FOO] tag in the entity file, it will still be able to be created in a mood?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: September 02, 2016, 01:32:46 pm »

Yes. So long as it exists, it may be created in a mood, even if the civilization doesn't normally have access to it.

Not very useful for some ranged weapons, since ammo will be incredibly scarce without the ability to make more in-fort. I've ended up with blowguns and bows a few times, which was annoying.

I think a few mods make use of this to make special, incredibly powerful weapons that would only rarely show up as part of a mood.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 01:34:32 pm by BlackFlyme »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 137