Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 191107 times)

Sorgklaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1395 on: September 29, 2016, 11:25:55 pm »

I have a pretty simple question, that I can't quite figure out. Let's say I want to apply feathers or tissue layers to only one specific body part, how do I do that? For example, I want to apply feathers to only the legs of a creature.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 29, 2016, 11:32:43 pm »

there used to be a binpatch that made dwarves use the weapon rack/armor stands/coffer/cabinets in their barracks. But the binpatch is outdated. is there a mod/script that allows it now, or another way to do it?
or is it actually working and im just not noticing them using it

No idea of a patch. The wiki says that they are still bugged.

I have a pretty simple question, that I can't quite figure out. Let's say I want to apply feathers or tissue layers to only one specific body part, how do I do that? For example, I want to apply feathers to only the legs of a creature.

It is possible to apply tissues to only a specific area. For examples, satyrs already use this to apply hair to their legs:

Code: [Select]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER:HAIR:NORMAL]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER:HAIR:NORMAL]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER:HAIR:BOTTOM]

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 30, 2016, 03:00:20 am »

I managed to resuscitate the weapon rack assignment patch for version 0.40.24 and get the fix-armory plugin to work mostly right after a bunch of those old storing tasks got removed, but good golly I don't think I could repeat that trick. Here's where my tracks ended with the binpatch.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 30, 2016, 01:32:35 pm »

Is there anyway to make a organ that doesn't do anything, is unhittable, unraisable, but not make the creature that has it invincible?
do severities of CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION stack? how much severity will make interactions that require that bodypart not work?
If CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION severity stacks, you can make organs that can be hit by CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION but not do much, make CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION prevent you from using a interaction for a while because the un-hittable "mana" body-part has impaired function, does that mean you can have magic spells that use up mana?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: September 30, 2016, 01:48:05 pm »

Can't say you can make something unhittable, but if its internal and small its unlikely to get damaged in combat, and if the tissue doesn't have blood vessels it won't result in the creature bleeding from damaging that organ. The creature shouldn't be invincible anyway just because one body part is odd, so long as the rest of the creature is normal.

You probably can do what you're saying with requiring it for interactions and then impairing its function. You'll have to test to see what level of severity is necessary to impair its function, it might just be a boolean value or something too.
 I think, though, that unless the interaction targets the creature casting it won't affect its "mana" body part so they won't run out of mana unless you can come up with some clever way to impair it when they cast their spell, like requiring them to select themselves for part A of the interaction before selecting a target for part B. Other creatures could target them with a spell that blocks their magic, though. That would be interesting.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: September 30, 2016, 02:07:56 pm »

Can't say you can make something unhittable, but if its internal and small its unlikely to get damaged in combat, and if the tissue doesn't have blood vessels it won't result in the creature bleeding from damaging that organ. The creature shouldn't be invincible anyway just because one body part is odd, so long as the rest of the creature is normal.

You probably can do what you're saying with requiring it for interactions and then impairing its function. You'll have to test to see what level of severity is necessary to impair its function, it might just be a boolean value or something too.
 I think, though, that unless the interaction targets the creature casting it won't affect its "mana" body part so they won't run out of mana unless you can come up with some clever way to impair it when they cast their spell, like requiring them to select themselves for part A of the interaction before selecting a target for part B. Other creatures could target them with a spell that blocks their magic, though. That would be interesting.
I was thinking of making the player target A(stacking if the interaction buffs the player) and making that CE_IMPAIR_FUNTION the ""mana" bodypart for an amount of time based on the spells power, and I would make target B the opponent. I could make fireballs use mana. Theoretically I could make target B not do anything and make NPC's use a self-affection interaction in the heat of battle, which doesn't usually happen.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: September 30, 2016, 05:02:01 pm »

Bear in mind that NPCs will not use an interaction with USAGE_HINT:ATTACK if one of the targets is self-only.

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: September 30, 2016, 11:34:43 pm »

Try adding the body part to c_variation_default. Then apply it to the creature.

Spoiler: EXAMPLE (click to show/hide)
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 03, 2016, 01:42:11 am »

Noticed a little weirdness. If you give a plant based item STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL, that item never experiences wear, irrespective of coverage % or layer size.

I did some arena tests, all dwarves in steel helm/gauntlets/greaves/high boots while wearing a simple pig tail coat which had the STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL token. Steel battle axe damage, being converted to blunt, produced no damage to the plant material after repeated blows. Dwarves were pulped to death, but those pig tail coats remained pristine.

This seems like a bug. Or just something monstrous about plant life fibers.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 03, 2016, 01:49:45 am »

If the axes were converted to blunt, then STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL forced their STRAIN_AT_YIELD value to one that armor damage calculation likely ignores.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 03, 2016, 06:35:14 am »

Noticed a little weirdness. If you give a plant based item STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL, that item never experiences wear, irrespective of coverage % or layer size.

I did some arena tests, all dwarves in steel helm/gauntlets/greaves/high boots while wearing a simple pig tail coat which had the STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL token. Steel battle axe damage, being converted to blunt, produced no damage to the plant material after repeated blows. Dwarves were pulped to death, but those pig tail coats remained pristine.

This seems like a bug. Or just something monstrous about plant life fibers.
Are you saying it's different when it's set to the default STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD? It makes in-game sense that a STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000 material wouldn't be too scuffed up by repeated smooshing and squishing.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 03, 2016, 03:43:02 pm »

Yes. The unmodded pig tail coat set to the default STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD is shredded by edge weapons. This is normal and to be expected.

The odd thing is if you pair STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL with wool or leather, those materials still suffer wear. If paired with plant, there isn't any. Steel armor will wear before plant.

It seems as if plant is an outlier that escaped Toady's 43.xx material type matters fix.

Armor is now a disposable commodity, whose affect is just much worse for fort mode's AI governed combat. Well, until you muck around and make a gambeson or jack with STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL.

Prior to Toady's material fix, all you needed to alter the properties of plant or leather was an increase in either coverage or layer size. This would cause plant/leather to deflect edge completely. With Toady's material fix, soft materials lost the ability to deflect, but plant for some reason retained some of its special status.

As someone who loves padded defense, sadly I can't say this bothers me much, though it should.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 04, 2016, 10:17:41 am »

Bear in mind that NPCs will not use an interaction with USAGE_HINT:ATTACK if one of the targets is self-only.
this works,
   [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:EAT_PIKACHU]
      [CDI:ADV_NAME:Devour dead]
      [CDI:INTERACTION:EAT_PIKACHU]
      [CDI:VERB:eat:absorbs organic matter:NA]
      [CDI:TARGET:B:SELF_ONLY]
      [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1]
      [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
      [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:0]
so, what usage hint does it default to?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 04, 2016, 12:16:10 pm »

With no usage hint, creatures will use the interaction at every given chance.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: October 05, 2016, 09:27:44 am »

With no usage hint, creatures will use the interaction at every given chance.
I just kind of assumed that since people said necromancers only raise in combat, that it defaulted to USAGE_HINT:ATTACK
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 137