Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 190519 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1650 on: March 22, 2017, 06:33:55 pm »

Variation of what? You didn't actually ask...

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #1651 on: March 22, 2017, 06:37:44 pm »

Variation of what? You didn't actually ask...
Like some kind of custom curse. It was sort of indirect.
Either way, thank you.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: March 22, 2017, 06:39:18 pm »

What kind of curse? Every curse in the game is fully recreatable in the raws and the raw/interaction examples folder gives examples on how to do it.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #1653 on: March 22, 2017, 06:50:38 pm »

What kind of curse? Every curse in the game is fully recreatable in the raws and the raw/interaction examples folder gives examples on how to do it.
Like a kind necromancy, but instead of turning them into zombies it would turn them into a sort of angel minion. Making the "Deity on Earth" thing or a "Fallen Angel" real. Testing some waters in my imaginative brain, creating stories, cause I absolutely love doing that.
Afterall, isn't freedom to do (mostly) anything a concept in Dwarf Fortress, making it a gold mine for stories? (like killing someone with their own guts, which I would assume that I'm lashing them with it [even though that's not how it works, but i can dream]; or being ambushed by a group of bandits, cutting one's head off and beating every other bandit with it; or just simply grabbing someone by the throat and going full on punching bag on their body to the point that you nearly make every limb of its body into powder. Good times... )
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:01:24 pm by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: March 22, 2017, 11:15:04 pm »

As Putnam said: raw/interaction_examples/interaction_secret.txt can be copied over in part (by copying the interaction/animate chunks into interaction_standard.txt) or in whole (just pick whatever name you want for it, interaction_yournamehere.txt and fiddle with the effects under the syndrome tag) to make your own version of a necromancy reaction, you can crib pieces from the other examples or go look through the df wiki modding > tokens pages, interaction tokens and syndrome tokens are a literal treasure trove of goodies to play with.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: March 24, 2017, 07:17:53 pm »

Finally back after a long hiatus...

I was looking into some of the creature raws and the wiki and saw that Toady wanted to have Blizzard Men to have body materials made of ice as well as things like Grimelings have bodies made of weeds/plant materials. Since its been a while since I've modded DF, and I'm looking to get into it again, would the best way to approach this be to change the raws to something like the following? [edits in yellow]

-- Blizzard Man Creature Raws
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I know there is a current bug where creatures are more docile than they were before (they don't attack/are not innately hostile like before) due to using the 'neutral' animal personality. TO make these things the scourges they used to be you need to add personality traits to trend them towards violent and brave... or is the [LIKES_FIGHTING] tag as depricated as the wiki says?

Also is there an ICE template? I thought there used to be one but I can't for the life of me find it. If necessary I could always recreate one based on a stone/gem/glass template as a base. The Grimeling edits should be easier as we already have a PLANT_FIBER template that exists.

Any thoughts?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: March 25, 2017, 10:53:15 am »

@Black_Legion:
[LIKES_FIGHTING] is indeed useless, so far as I can tell, ice is the name for solid water so it uses the raws for water, grimelings already have a tag that makes them out of swamp stuff iirc.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: March 25, 2017, 08:02:35 pm »

[LIKES_FIGHTING] was removed entirely in 0.40.14.

DairyProduct

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: March 26, 2017, 01:44:38 am »

So I've been messing around with creature interactions for the first time, and I've run into a slight problem.

I have an intelligent race of animal people that use CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION to grow into a giant version of themselves as self-defense (USAGE_HINT:FLEEING). It seems to work but, for some reason, the [CAN_DO_INTERACTION] tag seems to remove their ability to learn and speak. If I remove it, they're intelligent again, if I force the intelligence tag onto them (even after the creature variance supposedly added it) it stops them from using the interaction while still allowing an adventurer to use it when playing as one..

This isn't normally an issue for wearbeasts, right? So what's going on?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: March 30, 2017, 03:53:26 am »

How do I make elves make more children per birth? Let's say, 25-30 kids per one birth.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: March 30, 2017, 04:26:34 am »

How do I make elves make more children per birth? Let's say, 25-30 kids per one birth.

LITTERSIZE

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: March 30, 2017, 04:36:48 am »

LITTERSIZE

But wiki says the token is defunct. Ah, screw it, I'll try it anyway!

It's definitely defunct in 43.05

EDIT: Just tested it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 05:10:17 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: March 30, 2017, 08:39:05 am »

Im trying to make a reaction making 4 wood blocks, not working

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone can tell me whats the issue?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: March 30, 2017, 09:22:42 am »

You don't have a REAGENT:wood, but you tell the product to pull its material from REAGENT:wood.
Since you do have a REAGENT:A, it should be:

[PRODUCT:100:4:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1664 on: April 03, 2017, 07:35:27 am »

Does bonecarn allow eating meat and bones or just bones?
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 137