Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 191295 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1725 on: May 01, 2017, 01:52:51 pm »

I'm not sure if even Toady has considered the possibility of a species so dimorphic that one gender doesn't have a lower body.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 01, 2017, 02:19:27 pm »

Wow, that is weird.

I've got some odd caste setups for my ksbd project right?

So the different servant races range from large inorganic humanoids, smaller "alien" looking humanoids, insectoids, and scaly quadrupeds.

The alien looking ones and the quadrupeds are body size: ~65000 and ~2000000 respectively, both wear the same size gear, I made a steel mail shirt for both and they weigh 21 urists.

The humans are in the ~70000 range body size and view the servant gear as large though the human steel mail shirt weighs 22 urists.

Demons have different colors and sizes, blue are size ~50000 and ebon are ~1000000 or so, their steel mail shirts weigh 14 urists but the weird thing is: they view human gear as small though it's heavier, and servant gear as large though it's lighter than the small human gear.

Wild, the numbers in brackets are the weights in urists (used stack size with gm-editor to display them) and the only changes made are which creature I'm using to look at them. If I put a goblin (g) in there, they would be bigger than the blue devil (&) and almost as large as the human (U) but they'd see the same thing the kind person (K) as far as gear sizes. An ebon devil is half the size of the kind person and much larger than the other two but would still see what the blue one does.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: May 01, 2017, 07:08:30 pm »

so let me get this straight if I had a species of evolving castes where the start is a 4 legged 2 arm no upper torso critter all the way up to an 8 legged, scorpion tailed,  with an upper torso and 4 arms thats 8 times as big as the base caste.... they all would wear the same mail leggings?  I've been wondering about gearing such a species.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: May 01, 2017, 08:58:01 pm »

I was under the impression that size for equipment was determined at creature level, but that actually equipping items was based on the caste body. With armor going on any UPPERBODY, pants going on any LOWERBODY, shoes going on any STANCE connected to LOWERBODY, gloves going on any GRASP connected to UPPERBODY, and helms going on any HEAD.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 01, 2017, 11:46:08 pm »

Wow, that is weird.

So the different servant races range from large inorganic humanoids, smaller "alien" looking humanoids, insectoids, and scaly quadrupeds.

The alien looking ones and the quadrupeds are body size: ~65000 and ~2000000 respectively, both wear the same size gear, I made a steel mail shirt for both and they weigh 21 urists.

The humans are in the ~70000 range body size and view the servant gear as large though the human steel mail shirt weighs 22 urists.

Demons have different colors and sizes, blue are size ~50000 and ebon are ~1000000 or so, their steel mail shirts weigh 14 urists but the weird thing is: they view human gear as small though it's heavier, and servant gear as large though it's lighter than the small human gear.

Wild, the numbers in brackets are the weights in urists (used stack size with gm-editor to display them) and the only changes made are which creature I'm using to look at them. If I put a goblin (g) in there, they would be bigger than the blue devil (&) and almost as large as the human (U) but they'd see the same thing the kind person (K) as far as gear sizes. An ebon devil is half the size of the kind person and much larger than the other two but would still see what the blue one does.

Does the armor size depend on which caste is defined first? I suspect it would.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 02, 2017, 10:54:03 pm »

okay an interesting conundrum...
How do you produce fruit?
I have this line:
[PRODUCT:100:5:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:PLANT_MAT:BERRIES_STRAW:FRUIT]
and it produces item called "  [5]" ... I tried other lines. like this one
[PRODUCT:50:5:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:BERRIES_STRAW:FRUIT] - produces strawberry plants...
[PRODUCT:50:5:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:BERRIES_STRAW:FRUIT] - produces the "  [5]" thing again.

its rather unusual issue... it acts like the right thing, and can be used to make alcohol in all 3 of these cases.... and produce strawberry seeds in all three.. but I want just "strawberries [5]"... whats the right line?

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 02, 2017, 11:36:20 pm »

PLANT_GROWTH:FRUIT:PLANT_MAT:BERRIES_STRAW:FRUIT

unless it has a different name

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: May 03, 2017, 08:30:00 am »

PLANT_GROWTH:FRUIT:PLANT_MAT:BERRIES_STRAW:FRUIT

unless it has a different name

thanks Putnam that did the trick!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 04, 2017, 07:26:47 pm »

So I'm toying with custom reactions in 0.43.05 and there's this new(ish) set of tags for [CATEGORY], which I seem to be able to get to work, with the exception of [CATEGORY_KEY:hotkey token].  I assume hotkey token is supposed to wind up being the letter you press to select the category in the building's menu; I tried (for example) [CATEGORY_KEY:m] but no hotkey appeared in-game.  Is there a specific format I'm supposed to use for the hotkey definition?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 04, 2017, 07:27:29 pm »

It's the same as all the other hotkey tokens. For m, you want CUSTOM_M.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 04, 2017, 08:59:29 pm »

Wow, that is weird.

Does the armor size depend on which caste is defined first? I suspect it would.
It's even weirder than that, lemme try to sort it out.

Human first defined: 70000 size, 22 urists mail, human sees servant+devil gear as large
Goblin first defined: 65000 size, 21 urists mail, kind person sees human+devil gear as small
Blue Devil first defined: 50000 size, 14 urists mail, blue devil sees human gear as small, servant gear as large

So I think it takes into account the largest caste that can wear it for how other creatures see it, while the weight is determined by first defined caste (just checked to confirm that even if a later caste is lighter it's the first one that matters) and leads to the weirdness in my screenshots.

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: May 04, 2017, 10:00:15 pm »

Huh, I had no idea there was a particular format for those.  Thanks!  Is that tucked in some obscure corner of the wiki?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 05, 2017, 02:50:24 am »

Huh, I had no idea there was a particular format for those.  Thanks!  Is that tucked in some obscure corner of the wiki?

In one of the more boring configuration files, more like

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 05, 2017, 02:12:52 pm »

Ive tried to make two custom reactions for my craftsdwarf's workshop but for whatever reason they will never show up in the building's menu despite my best efforts. What gives?

Here are the raw files:

Ive tried with and without the category but nothing seems to work, crafting them in adventure mode worked fine however.
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: May 05, 2017, 02:15:39 pm »

Does your entity have those?
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 137