Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 190985 times)

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1800 on: May 27, 2017, 05:25:16 pm »

Hi guys
Im making an herbs and plants mod, but I find the plant modding abilities quite limited. Can I make a shrub that takes a lot of time to mature (various seasons) and when it is fully grown, can be harvested once every two months?
For what I saw, you seem to only be able to grow things for each season alone

Is it the same for trees?

So, I was wrong it seems
You Can actually make a years long plant. Can I control where it's crops start to grow and when they are ready to harvest?
Another question. In the wiki it says [CLUSTERSIZE] Indicates the yield of the plant. Is it a fixed ammount? how can I know make some variance in the yields ammount?

If you're talking about "farming" if you need something that spans several seasons (more than 3 months) you need to make sure it is plant-able in all seasons or if a 2 season it's planted in the earliest season. Because plants "die" if they are planted but not harvested/ready and they go out of their "season" scope.

so if you wanted something that takes about 2 years to grow and mature, it will need to be an all season plant.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1801 on: May 27, 2017, 08:56:14 pm »

Hi guys
Im making an herbs and plants mod, but I find the plant modding abilities quite limited. Can I make a shrub that takes a lot of time to mature (various seasons) and when it is fully grown, can be harvested once every two months?
For what I saw, you seem to only be able to grow things for each season alone

Is it the same for trees?

If you're talking about "farming" if you need something that spans several seasons (more than 3 months) you need to make sure it is plant-able in all seasons or if a 2 season it's planted in the earliest season. Because plants "die" if they are planted but not harvested/ready and they go out of their "season" scope.

so if you wanted something that takes about 2 years to grow and mature, it will need to be an all season plant.
So, I was wrong it seems
You Can actually make a years long plant. Can I control where it's crops start to grow and when they are ready to harvest?
Another question. In the wiki it says [CLUSTERSIZE] Indicates the yield of the plant. Is it a fixed ammount? how can I know make some variance in the yields ammount?

You can control "when" they grow by limiting when they can be planted (SEASON_ tags) but once they are "out of season" they will die. But really as long as they are in season, they will start to grow right when they are planted (farming) or they just sprout randomly on the ground if they are a shrub based harvesting, which I don't think cares about how long they take to mature?
CLUSTERSIZE is also for shrubs for how many grow in a bundle for a plant gatherer to pick up, as the farming skill of a farmer determines how much they harvest form a farm plot (unless i'm wrong)

But yeah, you can't say it can be planted on the 1st of spring and then ready to harvest on the 22nd of fall/autumn. It's when it's planted, then starts there until it hits its GROWDUR

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: May 27, 2017, 10:50:35 pm »

Alright, so I've successfully made civilizations. The Minotaur, Ogre, Giant Desert Scorpion, and Plump Helmet Men civilizations are doing well.

However, one problem I'm having is that they tend to all show up for trade at once, or at least, the ones closer to my embarks do. This often results in multiple civilizations trying to use the trade depot at the same time. Obviously, trying to trade crashes the game.

I figured the obvious thing was to remove the fact that they all have every season interaction, but I don't want them to not siege if I kill them. I figured having them interactive in all seasons would make the more likely to show up more often if they're aggressive.

I know that you can't have multiple trade depots, is there any way to ensure that even if they show up every season, they don't all show up at the same time during a season?

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: May 28, 2017, 05:00:36 am »

@Hugo_The_Dwarf
ok, thanks

More stuff. I saw the raws for normal plants, to learn how to mod them, and I saw the [MILL] stuff
which uses the actual plant to make something milled

How can I make a plant that is not eaten, but it's leaves are used to mill, and yield something?
It looks like every reaction like [MILL]or [DRINK] uses the plant, but I want it to use the products, like the fruits or the leaves

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: May 28, 2017, 05:27:39 am »

Milling is one of those old, original jobs that we can't really touch. It takes PLANT items and that's it.

What you'd need to do is ape the current brewing reaction and make a new one that looks for something like FLOUR_MAT material reaction products, be they in plant items, leaves or fruit, and makes the relevant powder out of those. Modest Mod has that sort of system already in place, you could study that.

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: May 28, 2017, 09:30:01 am »

Milling is one of those old, original jobs that we can't really touch. It takes PLANT items and that's it.

What you'd need to do is ape the current brewing reaction and make a new one that looks for something like FLOUR_MAT material reaction products, be they in plant items, leaves or fruit, and makes the relevant powder out of those. Modest Mod has that sort of system already in place, you could study that.

Thanks.

Im making a drink from one of this plants, and I plan to make it really expensive to make
Is there a limit in the number of leaves it can take for it?

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: May 30, 2017, 01:09:08 am »

Any advice on why I get this error? The item seems to exist fine, and I can view it fine but... the fact it keeps popping out this error worries me.

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction ATTUNE_FIRE_GEM
ATTUNE_FIRE_GEM:Unrecognized Material Token: UNATTUNED_MANA

[OBJECT:INORGANIC]

\\ CRYSTALLIZED MANA

[INORGANIC:UNATTUNED_MANA]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1][DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:1][TILE:15][IS_GEM:unattuned mana gem:unattuned mana gems:OVERWRITE_SOLID]
[BASIC_COLOR:7:0]
[SOLID_DENSITY:3140]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:CLEAR]

It should just be making a rough gem, since I just... copy pasted the gem stuff. Removed the layers it can form in. Can I not make new gems outside inorganic_stone_gem? I put all these new things inside my own inorganic thing.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: May 30, 2017, 02:00:10 am »

What's the reaction look like?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1808 on: May 30, 2017, 08:54:36 am »

Any advice on why I get this error? The item seems to exist fine, and I can view it fine but... the fact it keeps popping out this error worries me.

*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction ATTUNE_FIRE_GEM
ATTUNE_FIRE_GEM:Unrecognized Material Token: UNATTUNED_MANA

[OBJECT:INORGANIC]

\\ CRYSTALLIZED MANA

[INORGANIC:UNATTUNED_MANA]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1][DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:1][TILE:15][IS_GEM:unattuned mana gem:unattuned mana gems:OVERWRITE_SOLID]
[BASIC_COLOR:7:0]
[SOLID_DENSITY:3140]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:CLEAR]

It should just be making a rough gem, since I just... copy pasted the gem stuff. Removed the layers it can form in. Can I not make new gems outside inorganic_stone_gem? I put all these new things inside my own inorganic thing.

For your new gem file did you follow the naming convention inorganic_xyz.txt and at the very top of the file contents you have the filename minus the extension. Look at existing raw files for their initial layout. Also post the reaction class

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: May 30, 2017, 09:14:54 am »

Here is one of the reactions involving the gems.
[REACTION:CONDENSE_MANA]
[NAME:condense mana into gem]
[BUILDING:MANA_ALTAR:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:UNATTUNED_MANA]
[SKILL:ALCHEMY]

And yeah the new inorganic.txt thing has the same opening lines as the normal stuff. Just changed the very first line to be matching the new txt name.

BrythonLexi

• Bay Watcher
  • Alexandra has been taken by a fey mood!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: May 30, 2017, 10:10:32 am »

Is there a way to make an adventurer mode reaction for adding images onto items?  I have reactions for other "improvements" such as:

[REACTION:DECORATE_WITH_SMALLGEM_RINGS_ADV]
[NAME:decorate with rings of small gem]
        [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
        [REAGENT:target:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:tool:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT][HAS_EDGE]
        [REAGENT:gem:1:SMALLGEM:NONE:NONE:NONE]
        [IMPROVEMENT:100:target:RINGS_HANGING:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:gem:NONE]
        [SKILL:ENCRUSTGEM]
[CATEGORY:DECORATION_ADV]

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: May 30, 2017, 10:53:14 am »

And yeah the new inorganic.txt thing has the same opening lines as the normal stuff. Just changed the very first line to be matching the new txt name.

...but what about the reaction that's throwing up the error? That's where the problem is, isn't it?

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: May 30, 2017, 11:40:35 am »

...but what about the reaction that's throwing up the error? That's where the problem is, isn't it?

Whoops I copied the wrong one, my bad.

[REACTION:ATTUNE_FIRE_GEM]
[NAME:attune gem to fire]
[BUILDING:FIRE_ALTAR:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:ROUGH:INORGANIC:UNATTUNED_MANA:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:FIRE_ATTUNED_MANA]

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #1813 on: May 30, 2017, 12:39:34 pm »

Whoops I copied the wrong one, my bad.

[REACTION:ATTUNE_FIRE_GEM]
[NAME:attune gem to fire]
[BUILDING:FIRE_ALTAR:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:FIRE_ATTUNED_MANA]

Looks like maybe you're missing a NONE.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

min40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: May 30, 2017, 01:45:31 pm »

I have an idea for a mod but dont have the slightest idea of modding the game, and the wiki doesnt help me much.
How do i change the words in the fighting reports in adventure mode and fortress mode?
i have the perfect commentary for the fights :D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:50:14 pm by min40 »
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 137