Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 188231 times)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1815 on: May 30, 2017, 02:05:48 pm »

I have an idea for a mod but dont have the slightest idea of modding the game, and the wiki doesnt help me much.
How do i change the words in the fighting reports in adventure mode and fortress mode?
i have the perfect commentary for the fights :D
I think that that's all hardcoded.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

min40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: May 30, 2017, 02:19:44 pm »

I have an idea for a mod but dont have the slightest idea of modding the game, and the wiki doesnt help me much.
How do i change the words in the fighting reports in adventure mode and fortress mode?
I think that that's all hardcoded.
damn it! i just wanted to change the boring fighting reports to a little more of a wwe style of commentary.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: May 30, 2017, 05:05:03 pm »

Here is one of the reactions involving the gems.
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CONDENSE_MANA]
[NAME:condense mana into gem]
[BUILDING:MANA_ALTAR:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:UNATTUNED_MANA]
[SKILL:ALCHEMY]

And yeah the new inorganic.txt thing has the same opening lines as the normal stuff. Just changed the very first line to be matching the new txt name.

...but what about the reaction that's throwing up the error? That's where the problem is, isn't it?

Whoops I copied the wrong one, my bad.

[REACTION:ATTUNE_FIRE_GEM]
[NAME:attune gem to fire]
[BUILDING:FIRE_ALTAR:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:ROUGH:INORGANIC:UNATTUNED_MANA:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:FIRE_ATTUNED_MANA]
[SKILL:ALCHEMY]

[PRODUCT:100:1:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:UNATTUNED_MANA]
[REAGENT:A:1:ROUGH:INORGANIC:UNATTUNED_MANA:NONE]

Looks like maybe you're missing a NONE.

That was it, thanks! Didn't know it needed another NONE there...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: May 31, 2017, 10:29:05 am »

Is there a way to make an adventurer mode reaction for adding images onto items?  I have reactions for other "improvements" such as:

[REACTION:DECORATE_WITH_SMALLGEM_RINGS_ADV]
[NAME:decorate with rings of small gem]
        [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
        [REAGENT:target:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:tool:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT][HAS_EDGE]
        [REAGENT:gem:1:SMALLGEM:NONE:NONE:NONE]
        [IMPROVEMENT:100:target:RINGS_HANGING:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:gem:NONE]
        [SKILL:ENCRUSTGEM]
[CATEGORY:DECORATION_ADV]

Sadly no, I filed a bug report but it don't work.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: June 12, 2017, 08:38:53 am »

Verifying if what I'm thinking is correct:

so if I set a plant's Frequency to 0 it will not grow anywhere, correct?  And this would include in and out of worldgen, no matter what other "biomes" said plant is set to, correct?

does the same thing work for animals?

I'm basically wanting to be able to turn off variety in grass, without breaking definitions.  And if this is true it will fix an issue with MDF and changing graphics across save files.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: June 12, 2017, 09:47:23 am »

While you can't change the phrasing of combat reports, you can add attacks and weapons. If you wanted, you could make a WWE mod. The resulting reports could be something like:

Quote from: Attacks
You clothesline Wrestler 2 in the head, bruising the fat, tearing the muscle and tearing the brain! The wrestler is propelled by the force of the blow!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: June 12, 2017, 02:11:26 pm »

so if I set a plant's Frequency to 0 it will not grow anywhere, correct?  And this would include in and out of worldgen, no matter what other "biomes" said plant is set to, correct?

I'm basically wanting to be able to turn off variety in grass, without breaking definitions.  And if this is true it will fix an issue with MDF and changing graphics across save files.

I do not know about frequency, but you could try removing the biomes, then it wouldn't grow anywhere.

Here's my question. The wiki claims that castes of a creature won't marry each other if one has max_age and the other doesn't. Is this true, and if so, does that mean I could have elves and humans in the same creature without marrying?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: June 12, 2017, 02:45:45 pm »

I do not know about frequency, but you could try removing the biomes, then it wouldn't grow anywhere.

Here's my question. The wiki claims that castes of a creature won't marry each other if one has max_age and the other doesn't. Is this true, and if so, does that mean I could have elves and humans in the same creature without marrying?

Thanks for the reply... yeah after a bunch of attempts and test runs... I confirmed setting frequency to 0 defaults to 50, but removing the biome tags (including wet and dry) from a plant makes it stop appearing... leaving wet seemed to allow them to appear if the dirt beneath it was damp no matter the biome tag.... removed dry just because I didn't want to see it have an effect. 

As for the max age... well I've never split them up like that before.  I don't think it should be an issue... but it could be.  Have to test it, because this would be useful for all sorts of creature group oddities.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: June 12, 2017, 03:26:39 pm »

Amostubal, could you send me a PM when you find out if it works?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: June 12, 2017, 10:00:43 pm »

Amostubal, could you send me a PM when you find out if it works?
with all that is on my plate it may be a minute before I get to it...  I've worked my arse off today.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: June 15, 2017, 07:39:23 am »

Just curious: It is possible to add custom activity zones and locations? Specifically, I would try to make the 'pleasure chamber' from the succubus mod into an activity zone, and assign a 'Lady/Lord of Pleasure' as an occupation.

A short search didn't turn up anything on modding activity zones, locations and occupations.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1826 on: June 15, 2017, 07:43:59 am »

Just curious: It is possible to add custom activity zones and locations? Specifically, I would try to make the 'pleasure chamber' from the succubus mod into an activity zone, and assign a 'Lady/Lord of Pleasure' as an occupation.

A short search didn't turn up anything on modding activity zones, locations and occupations.
Unfortunately no, that is not possible yet.

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: June 15, 2017, 07:59:13 am »

Too bad. I guess I'll have to wait a few years then.

[Edit:] Can you add new secrets, then?

Would it be possible to have a human or dwarf (or elf?) in world gen become 'obsessed with living a life of carnal pleasure', just like future necromancers become "obsessed with his/her/its own mortality"? The characters (only male) would then start worshipping a deity with the LUST-Sphere and sooner or later he would learn the secret of summoning succubi. Once he has summoned 7 of them, he would build a place for himself (just like necromancers build a tower after obtaining 50 zombie followers), but as he wouldn't be immortal, he would die later (or rather sooner, if the succibu have a saying in this) and leave a sort of demonic spire standing in the world.

The next interesting question would be, if this way one could replace the succubi civilisation for the fortress mode in a mod, but so far I'm only curious if adding more secrets is possible.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 10:19:17 am by Zara »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: June 15, 2017, 11:03:10 am »

Too bad. I guess I'll have to wait a few years then.

[Edit:] Can you add new secrets, then?

Would it be possible to have a human or dwarf (or elf?) in world gen become 'obsessed with living a life of carnal pleasure', just like future necromancers become "obsessed with his/her/its own mortality"? The characters (only male) would then start worshipping a deity with the LUST-Sphere and sooner or later he would learn the secret of summoning succubi. Once he has summoned 7 of them, he would build a place for himself (just like necromancers build a tower after obtaining 50 zombie followers), but as he wouldn't be immortal, he would die later (or rather sooner, if the succibu have a saying in this) and leave a sort of demonic spire standing in the world.

The next interesting question would be, if this way one could replace the succubi civilisation for the fortress mode in a mod, but so far I'm only curious if adding more secrets is possible.

the answer is no on the demonic spire... demonic spires are procedural generated on world creation, Game Spoiler:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

although a secret of any sort will eventually produce a tower.  There are several modded into MDF.  Second question, couldn't answer, it is not formulated in a way I understood it.

original question... no you couldn't set up an activity zone... but you could set up a burrow and put 1 unit in it.  Set the shop profile only to that unit.  Ensure there is a source of food and water added to that burrow.  Either via a path from the shop to a dining hall, or a stockpile that accepts drink and food, considering the stocks needed for the shop, I would have several 1x1 stockpiles in that burrow for food, water, ropes, soap, and a caged sentient, if I'm thinking correctly as to which shop your talking about.  don''t forget to decorate the burrow add a bed and some other furniture, and assign it as the workers bedroom... she never has to leave her bedroom to work eat etc.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: June 15, 2017, 03:43:05 pm »

So, what happens if you set a reaction to train/use a scholar skill (say, a transmusion reaction to turn one metal into another that trains/uses the chemist skill)
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 137