Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 188236 times)

Deng

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Furiously useless god
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1860 on: June 26, 2017, 08:24:28 am »

So I picked up DF modding about a week ago. I desided to add SWAMPTROGG from Space Funeral as an in-game monster. It works completely fine on the Arena, but it seems to fail to appear in-game. At least Legend Viewer doesn't mention Swamptrogs and doesn't have them in Race drop-down menus. Could be Legend Viewer's code, though.

Here's this beautiful bastard:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, here is the raw, maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

creature_custom.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I succeed adding this bad boy in the game, I'll concider giving him a trance attack, allowing him to paralise his enemies, just like in Space Funeral. I've tried this already, but, sadly, it didn't quite work.
Kobold god of War, Fire and Fortresses.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #1861 on: June 26, 2017, 12:35:43 pm »

You might try ANY_WETLAND, ANY_GRASSLAND, and ANY_FOREST for the biomes, rather than WETLAND, GRASSLAND, and FOREST.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Deng

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Furiously useless god
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 26, 2017, 02:19:48 pm »

Thanks a ton, everything works! Such an obvious thing, really, wonder how I didn't notice this. Welp, I'm off hunting me some swamptroggs.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 26, 2017, 04:36:40 pm »

nobody in their right mind makes a creature from scratch, so i don't see why you're self-deprecating for copying and editing dragons

Deng

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Furiously useless god
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 26, 2017, 05:39:19 pm »

Really? Well I thought it would be the most dwarfy way to do this.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1865 on: June 27, 2017, 01:36:00 am »

Yeah, nothing wrong with copy+pasting. It's way too tedious to completely write a creature from scratch, especially if you were to make it with multiple castes.

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 29, 2017, 06:32:39 am »

Making a shop require a supply of magma to work (this is not NEEDS_MAGMA); I presume this is hardcoded?

Nope, I was wrong.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:33:00 pm by Fish Preferred »
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 29, 2017, 03:31:35 pm »

Is monotheism still impossible? I know the deity system was reworked in the new version, to the extent that the old dfhack moddablegods plugin no longer works apparently. Is there any way to jury-rig something resembling monotheism?

Also, what happens if I have two LAND_HOLDER positions for each LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER tier?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 29, 2017, 06:28:58 pm »

Making a shop require a supply of magma to work (this is not NEEDS_MAGMA); I presume this is hardcoded?

...It is NEEDS_MAGMA, unless by "require a supply of magma" you mean something completely different.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: July 01, 2017, 02:55:25 pm »

anyone know what the effects of a syndrome adding NO_AGEING to a creature, for short periods of time, would have in the long run?
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: July 01, 2017, 04:45:10 pm »

Is monotheism still impossible?
Yeah
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Deng

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Furiously useless god
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: July 02, 2017, 02:58:20 am »

Is it possible to create custom pet sets for modded entities? For example, if I want to create a desert-dwelling race of beduins and mercs, can I ban cows, water buffalos and other non-desert animals and add snakes, coyotees and other desert creatures?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: July 02, 2017, 08:38:09 am »

Is it possible to create custom pet sets for modded entities? For example, if I want to create a desert-dwelling race of beduins and mercs, can I ban cows, water buffalos and other non-desert animals and add snakes, coyotees and other desert creatures?

it's not, we're stuck with really wide category fuckery, but would you believe that Toady just brought up having finished that exact framework for the next version? hang on to that idea

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: July 02, 2017, 11:09:54 am »

it's not, we're stuck with really wide category fuckery, but would you believe that Toady just brought up having finished that exact framework for the next version? hang on to that idea

The current system sort-of-kind-of works as is.
If you strip off all the vanilla COMMON_DOMESTIC tags, and go wild with PET, then you should get a nice variety in livestock between different civs.
One of the first things I did to my own raws, since I'm a sucker for diversity.

Two problems:
1) This just ensures that civs' livestock species match their biome, but it does mean that any civs living in the same biome would still have the same animals.
2) This won't guarantee any useful animals. If you do this, might wanna leave COMMON_DOMESTIC on sheep. That guarantees the full range of animal products to every civ, plus it actually makes sense, since ovines are native to just about everywhere grass grows.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: July 02, 2017, 08:10:37 pm »

Not until next version.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 137