Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 190416 times)

Aurum System

• Bay Watcher
  • (Gai, and others) (They/Them collectively)
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1875 on: July 03, 2017, 09:42:04 am »

So, I got some trees that I want to drop some extracts regularly, for syndromes, and to do that I tried making some growths with the poisons as materials drop every month, but the problem is they only become a contaminant when gathered.
Is there any way of making plants leak an contaminant?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: July 05, 2017, 03:28:24 pm »

I dont think so. Which sucks because i too wanted to make poisonous trees and stuff. Never figured out how, besides poisonous fruit being gathered, which poses no threat really.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: July 10, 2017, 10:15:23 am »

So I'm wanting to add jousting to my medieval mod. Is there any way to make a reaction more likely to produce certain effects (like, say, a substance that causes pain and bleeding to represent jousting wounds) if done by someone with lower skill?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: July 11, 2017, 02:48:30 am »

So I'm wanting to add jousting to my medieval mod. Is there any way to make a reaction more likely to produce certain effects (like, say, a substance that causes pain and bleeding to represent jousting wounds) if done by someone with lower skill?

Don't think so no
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: July 11, 2017, 05:50:51 pm »

Don't think so no

Well that sucks, guess I'll have to think of something else...

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: August 13, 2017, 09:40:16 pm »

Would there be any consequence to simplifying raw/objects/descriptor_color_standard.txt? There seems to be no apparent purpose to actually storing the RGB value of each color here, and having colors dynamically mapped just messes up color schemes. Bluish green colors look good in many palettes, but you risk "blue vomit" syndrome, and that's just one example. A properly tested color scheme technically needs either some math work or hours of in-game testing, just to make sure that you haven't made DARK_PEACH look red (or something).

I'm considering rewriting every RGB value in that file to be the color it's mapped to. So rather than have DARK_GREEN be [RGB:1:50:32], it would be [RGB:0:128:0], the vanilla GREEN it's mapped to. (Probably, I'd need to test). It would eliminate most of these "color scheme bugs" entirely, and would testing much easier. Rather than only vomit turn blue, you'd have everything that was going to be green turn blue as well, making this annoying problem easier to spot. Of course, you'd need to distribute the simplified descriptor_color_standard.txt with your colors.txt.

Would this have ramifications that I'm not aware of? I have difficulty seeing how these specific color values are even used. I could just test, but it would be some work to figure out what everything is supposed to be mapped to and I still wouldn't understand if this had any hard-to-see ramifications or whether it would cause problems for outside utilities.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:48:41 pm by Taffer »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: August 13, 2017, 10:22:14 pm »

Color schemes? Wait, you can change that stuff?
The more you know.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: August 15, 2017, 09:18:23 pm »

From what I know, color descriptors are only used for ingame descriptive text, having no actual visual effect. Do correct me if I am wrong.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: August 19, 2017, 02:18:32 pm »

From what I know, color descriptors are only used for ingame descriptive text, having no actual visual effect. Do correct me if I am wrong.

Some things in the game are mapped to these specific color values, and the game decides which color in the color scheme is closest to their shade. As I mentioned, a notable problem with this is that color schemes with bluish-greens shades often end up causing vomit to become blue in-game.

Since nobody seems to have an answer, I'll just have to experiment with this myself and report the results (if promising) in my tileset thread.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:39:46 pm by Taffer »

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 16, 2017, 01:22:51 am »

I've been trying to make a custom reaction (in adventure mode) that uses "bone dust" (I was gonna do bone meal, but that seems to be linked to HFS so I'm not gonna touch it for now). The reaction would use one unit of bone dust (actually a quantity of 150, since it's a powder or glob) and one piece of armor. Unfortunately, I'm getting some really weird issues with reagent quantity:
  • I started with bone dust being a glob. When I try to use a stack of it, the reaction seems to try to use every glob in the stack and it gives me an error message like "-2250 remaining," meaning the reaction still requires -2250 units of bone dust. If I separate the stack and pick out only a single glob, I get the error message "0 remaining" and the reaction still doesn't happen.
  • If I make bone dust a powder instead, it comes out as individual items rather than a stack (I'd prefer a stack if I could get it working). I still get a "0 remaining" error. Since I was still carrying a bunch of bone dusts, I tossed one more into the reaction, and rather than giving me a "-150 remaining" error like I expected, the reaction went through and used up all 14 of my bone dusts. I should note that powdered bone dust ends up being called "a bone dust," whereas a stack of globs of bone dusts was simply called "bone dust (14).

So I have two questions here. What in the name of Armok's grody, sanguine toenail clippings is going on, and how do I fix it?

EDIT: So I solved the weird quantity issues by specifying "ANY_RAW_MATERIAL" as a reagent rather a GLOB of bone dust, so the problem's mostly solved, but I'd still like to be able to produce bone dust stacks of powder rather than as stacks of globs or individual items of powder. I would also like to sort out the quantity issue with using globs as reagents, for use in other reactions.

Oh, here's the relevant reactions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:35:54 pm by Jazz Cat »
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: September 16, 2017, 01:50:29 pm »

i try to make emperor noble (my own modified monarch) so to make my retired adventurer in my first fortress mode embark get the title (still a plan btw just to give my future adventurer a reward), but when i try, its not show up in noble screen even though wiki say that if i give position token [APPOINTED_BY:] example like [APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER] i can give the title,yet its not show up in noble screen.

also giving them [SITE] actually show it up and i can choose the person to get the title, but in wiki it say that every site will have the same government instead of the whole civilization, which is not what i want.

also so far as i check, my emperor and other monarch still have no ruler so i believe i cant have it in noble screen is not because someone already taking the title.

here the example:
Code: [Select]

[POSITION:SUPREME]
      [NAME_MALE:Supreme Emperor:Supreme Emperor]
      [NAME_FEMALE:Supreme Empress:Supreme Empress]
       [NUMBER:1]
       [SPOUSE_MALE:Supreme Emperor consort:Supreme Emperor consort]
      [SPOUSE_FEMALE:Supreme Empress consort:Supreme Empress consort]
      [SQUAD:200:Royal Black Knight:Royal Black Knights]
       [COMMANDER:GENERAL:ALL]
                [APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
       [SUCCESSION:BY_HEIR]
      [SUCCESSION:BY_POSITION:MONARCH]
       [GENDER:MALE]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:RECEIVE_DIPLOMATS]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:BUILD_MORALE]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:EXECUTIONS]
          [EXECUTION_SKILL:SWORD]
      [PRECEDENCE:1]
       [SPECIAL_BURIAL]
      [RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
      [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
      [FLASHES]
      [BRAG_ON_KILL]
      [CHAT_WORTHY]
      [DO_NOT_CULL]
      [KILL_QUEST]
      [EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]
      [DETERMINES_COIN_DESIGN]
           [COLOR:5:0:1]
      [ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
      [DEMAND_MAX:0]
      [MANDATE_MAX:0]

or maybe can you guys tell me other solution to get into real monarch? can i be considered the ONLY ruler of entire civilization if example i turn them into similar like the baron with [LAND_HOLDER] token ? (its not limited to 3 step right ? example [LAND_HOLDER: 4]) or by giving [REPLACED_BY] token would it work ?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 16, 2017, 05:30:39 pm »

I made a creature that is impervious to all physical harm and poison. It cannot even injure itself.

Also It can shoot plasma and turn people into an assortment of fruits and vegetables with a laser. I can't figure out where to go from here, and I want it to be even more powerful. Can you guys think of anything?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 16, 2017, 08:42:28 pm »

I can't figure out where to go from here, and I want it to be even more powerful. Can you guys think of anything?

Make it steal valuable items like monkeys and keas. Flying would also make it a lot nastier. Maybe make it ignore cages, too, and amphibious so you can't drown it?
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 17, 2017, 08:53:27 am »

I made a creature that is impervious to all physical harm and poison. It cannot even injure itself.

Also It can shoot plasma and turn people into an assortment of fruits and vegetables with a laser. I can't figure out where to go from here, and I want it to be even more powerful. Can you guys think of anything?
Stick all the NO_X tags on it, give it legendary in all skills, make it run faster than a cheetah, and make it spit webs.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: September 18, 2017, 08:17:38 am »

Give it a venomous bite that causes necrosis and paralyzation to visual organs (i.e. eyes).
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 137