Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 191289 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1890 on: September 18, 2017, 03:38:24 pm »

I made a creature that is impervious to all physical harm and poison. It cannot even injure itself.

Also It can shoot plasma and turn people into an assortment of fruits and vegetables with a laser. I can't figure out where to go from here, and I want it to be even more powerful. Can you guys think of anything?
Give it a venomous bite that causes necrosis and paralyzation to visual organs (i.e. eyes).

This is about the only thing it didn't have, and I'll be adding it presently. It has a 'bend time" ability ergo increase its speed to max on use, and has all the NO tags on it.

I even tried to create kryptonite for it that would rip all its NO tags and reduce its stats to 1%, give it status afflictions etc, and therefore make it killable via mortal means. All these debuffs could do is make it partially susceptible to damage from its own kind.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: September 18, 2017, 03:48:31 pm »

why not have its speed be max by default

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: September 18, 2017, 05:27:52 pm »

why not have its speed be max by default

Same effect, more fun to be able to toggle/activate various aspects of it's OP abilities.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1893 on: September 18, 2017, 05:40:27 pm »

I'm trying to figure out a way to make a civ innately have access to human leather (via a reaction to bypass the issues with sentient parts being unusable) that would occasionally be used for clothing - so far I've come up with this reaction:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:HP_MAKE_HUMAN_LEATHER]
[NAME:make human leather]
[BUILDING:LEATHER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:8:SKIN_TANNED:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:LEATHER][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:LEATHERWORK]
I haven't seen any of them utilize human leather for their clothing - I'm not sure if the reaction is correct or not. Any help?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: September 18, 2017, 06:53:38 pm »

I'm trying to figure out a way to make a civ innately have access to human leather (via a reaction to bypass the issues with sentient parts being unusable) that would occasionally be used for clothing - so far I've come up with this reaction:
[PRODUCT:100:8:SKIN_TANNED:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:LEATHER][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
I haven't seen any of them utilize human leather for their clothing - I'm not sure if the reaction is correct or not. Any help?
Is it that there's no reagents?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: September 18, 2017, 09:39:07 pm »

Looking to start modding DF again since I had a nice idea, and a question came to mind that I don't know the answer to (though I expect it to be "no").

Is it possible to make it so that certain creatures and plants appear only in areas that are NOT good, nor evil, nor savage? Restricting to one of those 3 is easy, but the other way around... well, I am asking after all.

If the answer is negative then it will be a shame but not exactly deal-breaking.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: September 18, 2017, 10:07:51 pm »

If memory serves (not on computer and haven't modded for a while) there is a sort of token that makes creatures mundane and causes such an effect. I haven't a clue what it would be called, but I believe it's in certain pack animals. Don't take my word on it.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: September 18, 2017, 10:46:45 pm »

only works for bars, i think

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1898 on: September 19, 2017, 12:57:19 am »

only works for bars, i think
So would it work if I added reagents then?

LulllberJack

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Do you like cats as more as I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: September 19, 2017, 03:21:06 pm »

Hi everyone! Can I make God interaction most interesting? How? Can you create some examples? Thank you in advance

LulllberJack

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Do you like cats as more as I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: September 19, 2017, 03:22:30 pm »

Sorry, more interesting*

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: September 19, 2017, 04:41:30 pm »

i try to make emperor noble (my own modified monarch) so to make my retired adventurer in my first fortress mode embark get the title (still a plan btw just to give my future adventurer a reward), but when i try, its not show up in noble screen even though wiki say that if i give position token [APPOINTED_BY:] example like [APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER] i can give the title,yet its not show up in noble screen.

also giving them [SITE] actually show it up and i can choose the person to get the title, but in wiki it say that every site will have the same government instead of the whole civilization, which is not what i want.

also so far as i check, my emperor and other monarch still have no ruler so i believe i cant have it in noble screen is not because someone already taking the title.

here the example:

[POSITION:SUPREME]
      [NAME_MALE:Supreme Emperor:Supreme Emperor]
      [NAME_FEMALE:Supreme Empress:Supreme Empress]
       [NUMBER:1]
       [SPOUSE_MALE:Supreme Emperor consort:Supreme Emperor consort]
      [SPOUSE_FEMALE:Supreme Empress consort:Supreme Empress consort]
      [SQUAD:200:Royal Black Knight:Royal Black Knights]
       [COMMANDER:GENERAL:ALL]
                [APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
       [SUCCESSION:BY_HEIR]
      [SUCCESSION:BY_POSITION:MONARCH]
       [GENDER:MALE]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:RECEIVE_DIPLOMATS]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:BUILD_MORALE]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:EXECUTIONS]
          [EXECUTION_SKILL:SWORD]
      [PRECEDENCE:1]
       [SPECIAL_BURIAL]
      [RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
      [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
      [FLASHES]
      [BRAG_ON_KILL]
      [CHAT_WORTHY]
      [DO_NOT_CULL]
      [KILL_QUEST]
      [EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]
      [DETERMINES_COIN_DESIGN]
           [COLOR:5:0:1]
      [ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
      [DEMAND_MAX:0]
      [MANDATE_MAX:0]

or maybe can you guys tell me other solution to get into real monarch? can i be considered the ONLY ruler of entire civilization if example i turn them into similar like the baron with [LAND_HOLDER] token ? (its not limited to 3 step right ? example [LAND_HOLDER: 4]) or by giving [REPLACED_BY] token would it work ? look like having [SITE] wont let me replacing noble without the [SITE] token.

help me please im still stuck !! :'( :'(

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: September 19, 2017, 08:48:43 pm »

Hi everyone! Can I make God more interaction most interesting? How? Can you create some examples? Thank you in advance

You could create more interactions by which deities can curse a mortal.

Say, uncontrollably on fire at all times. Or perhaps the constant secretion of alcohol. Or turn them into a fruit. I really like my fruit beam.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: September 19, 2017, 10:24:52 pm »

You wouldnt happen to have posted that fruit beam have you? That sounds hilarious and I totally want to use that myself, if you'd permit it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: September 20, 2017, 06:11:04 pm »

I will package it together and post it, sure. I have to extricate it from the raws of the creature it was for. It functions by turning a creature into another creature which is an immobile fruit. Can morph a person into an Apple, Banana, Mango, Strawberry, or Pineapple.

I never got the corpses to drop their respective fruits, but they do drop leaves.

UPDATE: Here you go
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=167566.msg7572379#msg7572379
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:08:01 pm by Dunamisdeos »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 137