Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 191227 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1920 on: September 27, 2017, 08:30:56 pm »

It will without any instability.

kelid190

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: September 27, 2017, 09:24:38 pm »

Awesome! Thanks.

Can I add this to an existing world/adventure game?  I've only ever messed around with the raws just a little.  I've never messed with reactions before.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:27:31 pm by kelid190 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: September 27, 2017, 10:13:17 pm »

I feel that's a likely no but I also doubt it would hurt to try. I don't quite remember, but I'm pretty sure nothing will *break* if you do.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: September 29, 2017, 02:49:30 am »

How do you make a single interaction require a certain minimum number of targets?

I have tried defining multiple [I_TARGET:CREATURE]s, but it just doesn't work as dwarves target the same one creature for all targets A/B/C/.../Z, even with [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: September 29, 2017, 02:55:50 pm »

Think thats because theyre doing it all at once, so the interaction hasnt taken effect yet until theyve chosen all their targets, which end up being that same one because its still the most valid target (nothing has happened to it yet) I bet you could give them multiple interactions that do the same thing to one target each and theyll be forced to perform each one separately.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: September 30, 2017, 09:04:48 am »

Yeah, but not entirely ideal for non-combat situations, where it's hard enough to get one interaction check to fire, let alone multiple. This was for a spy infiltration system for the Communist Game being set up, similar in manner to the PHM, where if you have several spies gathered together in close proximity, they might make an attempt to overthrow your fortress.

I eventually settled for a system where each spy is randomly assigned badges at the start, and the interaction requires (or rather, does not require) all five badges to fire. That means I couldn't specify exactly a minimum of spies for the revolt to begin (some spies may satisfy two out of five badges, or one spy may satisfy all badge checks by himself, though unlikely); rather, it was an uncertain chance of revolt that increased the more spies were in close proximity and could pool their badges together. Which was fine enough for my tastes, though it might be a little too random for other purposes.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 09:07:41 am by Bearskie »

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: September 30, 2017, 12:49:55 pm »

i try to make emperor noble (my own modified monarch) so to make my retired adventurer in my first fortress mode embark get the title (still a plan btw just to give my future adventurer a reward), but when i try, its not show up in noble screen even though wiki say that if i give position token [APPOINTED_BY:] example like [APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER] i can give the title,yet its not show up in noble screen.

also giving them [SITE] actually show it up and i can choose the person to get the title, but in wiki it say that every site will have the same government instead of the whole civilization, which is not what i want.

also so far as i check, my emperor and other monarch still have no ruler so i believe i cant have it in noble screen is not because someone already taking the title.

here the example:
Code: [Select]

[POSITION:SUPREME]
      [NAME_MALE:Supreme Emperor:Supreme Emperor]
      [NAME_FEMALE:Supreme Empress:Supreme Empress]
       [NUMBER:1]
       [SPOUSE_MALE:Supreme Emperor consort:Supreme Emperor consort]
      [SPOUSE_FEMALE:Supreme Empress consort:Supreme Empress consort]
      [SQUAD:200:Royal Black Knight:Royal Black Knights]
       [COMMANDER:GENERAL:ALL]
                [APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
       [SUCCESSION:BY_HEIR]
      [SUCCESSION:BY_POSITION:MONARCH]
       [GENDER:MALE]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:RECEIVE_DIPLOMATS]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:BUILD_MORALE]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS]
      [RESPONSIBILITY:EXECUTIONS]
          [EXECUTION_SKILL:SWORD]
      [PRECEDENCE:1]
       [SPECIAL_BURIAL]
      [RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
      [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
      [FLASHES]
      [BRAG_ON_KILL]
      [CHAT_WORTHY]
      [DO_NOT_CULL]
      [KILL_QUEST]
      [EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]
      [DETERMINES_COIN_DESIGN]
           [COLOR:5:0:1]
      [ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
      [DEMAND_MAX:0]
      [MANDATE_MAX:0]

or maybe can you guys tell me other solution to get into real monarch? can i be considered the ONLY ruler of entire civilization if example i turn them into similar like the baron with [LAND_HOLDER] token ? (its not limited to 3 step right ? example [LAND_HOLDER: 4]) or by giving [REPLACED_BY] token would it work ? look like having [SITE] wont let me replacing noble without the [SITE] token.

help me please im still stuck !! :'( :'(

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: October 04, 2017, 04:52:05 pm »

A glaring issue is that your supreme ruler is set by a expedition leader, a role that becomes replaced, also you cannot choose your monarch as it will pass down heir by heir. So remove reference to the expedition leader please.

Im not sure about how you might attract a supreme ruler without actually replacing your monarch with them entirely, you can still call them a [MONARCH] referentially but call them the supreme ruler in-game. Your dwarven monarch is by default the de-factor top wig if you haven't demoted their prevalence score to another number not contested in dwarven nobility.

• If you want kings to be sub-servient to the supreme emperor, make the supreme emperor appoint kings rather than vice-versa and nobody appoint the supreme emperor.
You could consider making your existing dwarf monarch raws a extreme late-game landholder by editing land holder trigger to be a even BIGGER number, then disable. Naming two dwarves [POSITION:MONARCH] confuses the game, and if there isn't a name, [VARIABLE_POSITIONS] will fill in roles that it thinks are missing.

[LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:1:20:10000:100000]

LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER

1:         landholder tier
  20:        population
  10000:   wealth exported
  100000:  created wealth  //Etc.

So lets say this, what tier do you want your king to be (is there anybody that travels before them) how many people do you want them to look after, how much wealth needs to be sold off to caravands & how much created to attract their attention. Its completely feasable as long as you swerve around and name your Supreme Emperor the [MONARCH]

• Fun Fact, all demon-masters in dark towers are referred to as [MONARCH] even though they don't have formal titles in the code, [MONARCH] is the default king/queenly role.

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: October 05, 2017, 04:57:03 pm »

I remember reading somewhere that it's possible to assign a secret to a book/scroll via reaction with a script (either lua or rb), but I can't find anything that's already been done to that effect.

Does anyone know of any that I can possibly dissect?

The idea is to have a reaction activate the relevant script to write the secret to the book/scroll reagent/product (whatever is needed)
It's a slippery slope.  You start out modding, then move on to hard DFHacking, and next thing you know you're making your own games...

LUA Script: Workaround for butchering Sentients
 - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: October 05, 2017, 09:40:00 pm »

A glaring issue is that your supreme ruler is set by a expedition leader, a role that becomes replaced, also you cannot choose your monarch as it will pass down heir by heir. So remove reference to the expedition leader please.

Im not sure about how you might attract a supreme ruler without actually replacing your monarch with them entirely, you can still call them a [MONARCH] referentially but call them the supreme ruler in-game. Your dwarven monarch is by default the de-factor top wig if you haven't demoted their prevalence score to another number not contested in dwarven nobility.

• If you want kings to be sub-servient to the supreme emperor, make the supreme emperor appoint kings rather than vice-versa and nobody appoint the supreme emperor.
You could consider making your existing dwarf monarch raws a extreme late-game landholder by editing land holder trigger to be a even BIGGER number, then disable. Naming two dwarves [POSITION:MONARCH] confuses the game, and if there isn't a name, [VARIABLE_POSITIONS] will fill in roles that it thinks are missing.

[LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:1:20:10000:100000]

LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER

1:         landholder tier
  20:        population
  10000:   wealth exported
  100000:  created wealth  //Etc.

So lets say this, what tier do you want your king to be (is there anybody that travels before them) how many people do you want them to look after, how much wealth needs to be sold off to caravands & how much created to attract their attention. Its completely feasable as long as you swerve around and name your Supreme Emperor the [MONARCH]

• Fun Fact, all demon-masters in dark towers are referred to as [MONARCH] even though they don't have formal titles in the code, [MONARCH] is the default king/queenly role.

when i remove it some random dorf take it while i want it to be only for my adventurer :(
also replacing expedition leader to supreme ruler not work unlike mayor noble, i think its because it need [SITE] token.

so a landholder option is possible? does giving extra land holder work?
example    [LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:6:20:100000:1000000]
also my other noble with land holder seem never pass the baron state at least so far as i check when creating the world gen, maybe because my Monarch (aka the king not the supreme emperor) is put into the land holder too without much tweak.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:43:16 pm by Hiul »

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: October 06, 2017, 01:35:41 am »

I remember reading somewhere that it's possible to assign a secret to a book/scroll via reaction with a script (either lua or rb), but I can't find anything that's already been done to that effect.

Does anyone know of any that I can possibly dissect?

The idea is to have a reaction activate the relevant script to write the secret to the book/scroll reagent/product (whatever is needed)
This is the post I refer to when gm-editing secrets onto things, you can probably use that information as a starting point.

Quailman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: October 09, 2017, 05:11:24 pm »

Hey guys, is there a reaction floating around that will allow me to turn small animals or body parts into meat?  It sucks being a hermit on the edge of starvation who just hunted and killed a rabbit only to find that rabbits can't be eaten.  My dorf is literally crying right now.

I'm sure I could write the interaction, but its been a really long time so I'm hoping I'm not the first person to be bothered by this.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: October 11, 2017, 01:31:39 pm »

Now I only mention this because you did not specifically mention it, but have you butchered the rabbit? Rabbits should absolutely drop some kind of meat and/or organs upon being butchered.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: October 11, 2017, 01:33:41 pm »

Now I only mention this because you did not specifically mention it, but have you butchered the rabbit? Rabbits should absolutely drop some kind of meat and/or organs upon being butchered.
I am pretty sure rabbits are too small to butcher in Adv mode. You can definitely butcher them in fort mode, though.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: October 11, 2017, 01:41:11 pm »

I am pretty sure rabbits are too small to butcher in Adv mode. You can definitely butcher them in fort mode, though.

Aren't weasels the same size? It's been awhile but I distinctly remember butchering weasels for like 3 meat.

FAKEEDIT: I went and checked before posting, a full-grown rabbit is size 500, more than twice the size of weasels. Someone slap me down if I'm wrong but that should drop meat. Here's the known bug for rabbits.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 137