Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 191277 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1935 on: October 11, 2017, 01:57:15 pm »

Quailman, you can give rabbits an item-corpse of meat.
I think this works.
Code: [Select]
[ITEMCORPSE:MEAT:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:RABBIT:MUSCLE]
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: October 11, 2017, 08:06:42 pm »

@Dunamisdeos: adolescent aka recently-turned adult cats aren't big enough to always drop meat, and they're on average 2k in size (±23% for creature variation, I guess.) I think the minimum size for 2 meat is somewhere around 1700-1800 range.

Weasels are size 200 on average, and wiki says they can't be butchered for meat, so I have to wonder if the weasel you butchered was exceptional (*1,3) trained (*2) from early age (*2) and then necro-baconed (*3?) for total of 3120 body size or something.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: October 11, 2017, 08:34:07 pm »

Maybe it was a giant weasel? I don't know to be honest.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: October 11, 2017, 11:05:41 pm »

All giant creatures are the size of a black bear at minimum, so you'd only get 3 meat if you butchered merely a slice.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: October 12, 2017, 12:57:29 am »

Ive tried rabbit farming in fort mode and had no luck there, either. They only drop a skull.

A reaction to produce meat from a small body part/animal corpse would be reasonably simple, but i dont know of any already made or anything.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: October 13, 2017, 10:35:36 am »

Ive tried rabbit farming in fort mode and had no luck there, either. They only drop a skull.

If modding is going to be required, anyway, why not just make a rabbit large enough to reliably produce at least 1 meat upon adulthood? Maybe add a larger rabbit as a separate creature? That's what I plan to do.

It's not like large rabbits or members of the family Leporidae don't exist. Female white-tailed jackrabbits often reach over 8 lbs. The scrub hare can reach up to 10 lbs. And the arctic hare can reach 15 lbs. Then there are special breeds, such as the Flemish Giant Rabbit, which is 15 lbs on average, reaching as much as 22 lbs. You might also try search for "German giant rabbit" or "Russian giant rabbit". The world record holder is over 4 feet long.

Like others, I'm confused why the rabbit in DF isn't treated as vermin, considering that it's not large enough to produce resources of note.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: October 13, 2017, 11:20:24 am »

For a long while now, I've been thinking about trying to mod my own civilization that is entirely female. And I wanted their society to be inspired by the amazons, fae and faeries of myth and fantasy. I don't want them to be inherently evil, though. They'd be hostile towards goblins and have similar ethics to dwarves and humans.

Obviously, a female-only civ would have the complication of how they would have children. I've been inspired by Scandinavian folklore about elves which describe them as kidnapping humans to use them. I was also inspired by erotic fairy fantasy books in which they bite humans with their fangs, injecting them with a magical venom that can transform them into their own kind.

Basically, I want my civ to be a type of night creature. To this end, I was reading the wiki about creature tokens. But, on reading about the CONVERTED_SPOUSE token, some questions arose:
Creatures of this caste's species with the SPOUSE_CONVERTER and NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER tokens will kidnap SPOUSE_CONVERSION_TARGETs of an appropriate sex and convert them into castes with CONVERTED_SPOUSE.

(1) If I play in Fort Mode as my civ and I have peaceful visitors from other civs come to my tavern or tradepost, will members of my civ occasionally grab one them to convert into a spouse?
(2) If a converted spouse is either exposed to a syndrome or suffers a curse that transforms them (say, by becoming a werecreature), would said spouse revert back to their non-spouse existence after transforming back?
(3) Is there a way in which I could have my night civ first convert a spouse and then, at some later point, transform them into one of my night civ race via a custom syndrome or curse... without requiring DFhack?

Can someone point me to any mods which have a night creature-type civilization? Are Masterwork's succubi like that?

Also, I'm not sure what I would call them. I thought of "Faekyrie" - faey valkyrie, but that's not quite right. Succufaey? Night Maidens? Faebi? Perhaps "Venefay", derived from venery, which means chase, pursuit or hunting? How about, "Shikari", meaning chase, pursuit or big game hunter?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:02:20 pm by Thundercraft »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: October 13, 2017, 12:50:46 pm »

For a long while now, I've been thinking about trying to mod my own civilization that is entirely female. And I wanted their society to be inspired by the amazons, fae and faeries of myth and fantasy. I don't want them to be inherently evil, though. They'd be hostile towards goblins and have similar ethics to dwarves and humans.

Obviously, a female-only civ would have the complication of how they would have children. I've been inspired by Scandinavian folklore about elves which describe them as kidnapping humans to use them. I was also inspired by erotic fairy fantasy books in which they bite humans with their fangs, injecting them with a magical venom that can transform them into their own kind.

Basically, I want my civ to be a type of night creature. To this end, I was reading the wiki about creature tokens. But, on reading about the CONVERTED_SPOUSE token, some questions arose:
Creatures of this caste's species with the SPOUSE_CONVERTER and NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER tokens will kidnap SPOUSE_CONVERSION_TARGETs of an appropriate sex and convert them into castes with CONVERTED_SPOUSE.

(1) If I play in Fort Mode as my civ and I have peaceful visitors from other civs come to my tavern or tradepost, will members of my civ occasionally grab one them to convert into a spouse?
(2) If a converted spouse is either exposed to a syndrome or suffers a curse that transforms them (say, by becoming a werecreature), would said spouse revert back to their non-spouse existence after transforming back?
(3) Is there a way in which I could have my night civ first convert a spouse and then, at some later point, transform them into one of my night civ race via a custom syndrome or curse... without requiring DFhack?

Can someone point me to any mods which have a night creature-type civilization? Are Masterwork's succubi like that?

Also, I'm not sure what I would call them. I thought of "Faekyrie" - faey valkyrie, but that's not quite right. Succufaey? Night Maidens? Faebi? Perhaps "Venefay", derived from venery, which means chase, pursuit or hunting? How about, "Shikari", meaning chase, pursuit or big game hunter?

Why would dwarves or humans or really anyone want to associate with creatures that reproduce by hunting, kidnapping, and transforming them?

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: October 13, 2017, 01:13:03 pm »

Why would dwarves or humans or really anyone want to associate with creatures that reproduce by hunting, kidnapping, and transforming them?

That's a good question. I'm only even considering the SPOUSE_CONVERTER and NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER tokens because it's close to what I want, but not exact. (That is, they can mate with and have a spouse from another race.) The way I picture them, they would not kidnap. Rather, they would tend to do that to those they war with, particularly those whom they've managed to capture. Though, I suppose they could bite them in combat. At other times, though, they would act civilized. While some of them might try seduction, they do not force anything.

Now that I think about it, though, perhaps it would be more appropriate to make my civ concept work with custom syndromes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: October 13, 2017, 01:41:11 pm »

The spouse converter option wont work, no, because spouse conversion doesnt happen in play. You can use transformation syndromes definitely. Youd want to transform them into a male caste that is unintelligent but has such a low pop ratio compared to the norm it would almost never show up naturally. Intelligent people will still mate with unintelligent species members, even if they arent married.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: October 14, 2017, 02:31:37 pm »

I was looking through the raws and, while looking at the MULE, I wondered about something: The mule is a sterile hybrid, not really a species or breed. So, how does DF handle mule populations and reproduction?

Examining it, I noticed that, while it does have the [MALE] token, it does not have separate male and female castes. This begs the question: How does DF maintain a population of mules in the world, potentially for players to buy and embark with? In the real world, donkeys and horses are made to mate.

So... how does DF do it? Is it hard-coded to introduce more mules, out of thin air, to maintain a set population as the older mules die off from raids, predators and old age? Or, is there actually a mechanism which randomly (rarely) allows a horse and a donkey to mate?

The reason this concerns me is that I've been thinking about civilizations that only have one sex and how one could make sure that their population continues to grow instead of die off.

The spouse converter option wont work, no, because spouse conversion doesnt happen in play. You can use transformation syndromes definitely. Youd want to transform them into a male caste that is unintelligent but has such a low pop ratio compared to the norm it would almost never show up naturally. Intelligent people will still mate with unintelligent species members, even if they arent married.

Thanks! This helps.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:42:32 pm by Thundercraft »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1946 on: October 14, 2017, 04:15:02 pm »

For Mules I believe it's the COMMON_DOMESTIC tag, it allows them to be magically populated when needed. You will also notice most COMMON_DOMESTIC pets don't have biomes, and that is where population matters (how many are living in said region/biome)

newoldbroccoli

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: October 14, 2017, 09:19:23 pm »

So i have a question is there any way to apply a interaction to a creature at a workshop? like could i turn one creature into another at a workshop or could i turn a item into a creature?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1948 on: October 14, 2017, 09:41:46 pm »

So i have a question is there any way to apply a interaction to a creature at a workshop? like could i turn one creature into another at a workshop or could i turn a item into a creature?

Item to Creature, No.

Apply a Interaction to a Creature at a workshop, Yes; you must create a material that boils at room temp (or a drink) and attach a syndrome that is inhaled or consumed that will give your desired interaction to the creature.

Same above goes for transformations

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1949 on: October 15, 2017, 07:39:33 am »

Question regarding reactions - how would I make a reaction that creates a drinkable elixir of some kind and automatically puts it into a waterskin/barrel?

I have a basic idea, I just dont know how to actually make it without having the drink splatter onto the floor when the reaction is done.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 137