Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 191240 times)

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2010 on: November 10, 2017, 01:08:51 am »

You are correct there is no THICKWEB. do they have a biome they spawn in I don't see one on them. Or are they a civ creature (intelligent spiders)
Also I noticed [BABY:0] I don't think 0 works, it will default, to 1 I believe, so BABY:1 would make more sense for the parser. Basically says they will be babies until they are 1 year old.

They got a civilization but I mostly use them in Adventure mode as an Outsider.

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: November 12, 2017, 07:14:31 am »

How do you strip out the creature names on creature materials? So if I want to have just generic "bone" across all creatures instead of having "crocodile bone" or "dwarf bone", how would I go about doing that?

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: November 12, 2017, 07:26:46 am »

You are correct there is no THICKWEB. do they have a biome they spawn in I don't see one on them. Or are they a civ creature (intelligent spiders)
Also I noticed [BABY:0] I don't think 0 works, it will default, to 1 I believe, so BABY:1 would make more sense for the parser. Basically says they will be babies until they are 1 year old.

EDIT:
reason why I ask for a biome is so they lay webs in the area (world gen more or less, Vermin WEBBERs just randomly spawn webs on their tile) this would test walking into a naturally occurring web will trap someone if [THICKWEB] is omitted

I've done some more experimenting.
Seems that the webs from a creature without THICKWEB can ensnare creatures but its effectiveness is limited to the creature's size. Animals like horses and cows break free sometimes before I can even make an attack. I reckon THICKWEBS basically increases (or removes) the size penalty on webs, making them extremely potent on creatures far larger than your normal size domestic animals.

Risto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: November 12, 2017, 10:54:34 am »

What is responsible for the making of the necromancers enemies of civilization and the giving of the quests for them? The fact that they raise the dead, or some kind of token? If I create a new secret interaction, what not to do if I don't want my mages left the home and settled in the towers?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2014 on: November 12, 2017, 11:37:58 am »

If you give them any sort of "animate corpse" spell that makes minions (resurrection spells dont count) thats what makes them head out, make towers and be hostile.

Risto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: November 13, 2017, 02:23:56 am »

Can't understand what the problem is with this creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's not listed beings in the arena, and in the logs it says:
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_caveciv.txt"
ARACHNID BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: November 13, 2017, 03:50:30 am »

Sure it is. You just forgot the latter two parameters from the CASTE_NAME tags, so it shows up in the list as several "nothing":s towards the end of the A-section. Not sure why the theoretical, non-caste, genderless "arachnid" is in the list as its own entry, though, since antmen sure don't have that problem.

The geldables should work too, since it looks to be using the same body as a dwarf with the exact same modifier as a dwarf, meaning that it should put out the same zero errors as a dwarf would as well. Maybe there's something up with the wrong things getting defined first, I'm not troubleshooting that can of spiders.

Risto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: November 13, 2017, 04:34:31 am »

You just forgot the latter two parameters from the CASTE_NAME tags, so it shows up in the list as several "nothing":s towards the end of the A-section.

Thanks for the tip, I fixed CASTE_NAME. However, when trying to add an arachnid to the arena the game crashes. In the logs all the same.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: November 14, 2017, 03:38:27 am »

How do you strip out the creature names on creature materials? So if I want to have just generic "bone" across all creatures instead of having "crocodile bone" or "dwarf bone", how would I go about doing that?

Make sure the bone material has [PREFIX:NONE]

Risto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: November 14, 2017, 07:02:28 am »

You just forgot the latter two parameters from the CASTE_NAME tags, so it shows up in the list as several "nothing":s towards the end of the A-section.
Thanks for the tip, I fixed CASTE_NAME. However, when trying to add an arachnid to the arena the game crashes. In the logs all the same.

Found my mistake: it was written [CASTE:ALL], but had [SELECT_CASTE:ALL]. And probably it is not necessary to declare the caste after they are selected. In addition, in the above code has not been assigned material of the web.

Tips for fixing the error with [BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE] continue to take. If I remove this code, it will not prevent the arachnids to breed, by the way?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: November 14, 2017, 10:10:46 am »

Aside from being able to learn and talk, what tags are necessary for a species to form a civilization ??? Because last I checked Giants can do both and yet build nothing...

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2021 on: November 14, 2017, 10:43:30 am »

Giants dont have a civilization file.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2022 on: November 14, 2017, 12:35:50 pm »

Try removing the thing at the top called [CASTE:ALL]

Risto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: November 14, 2017, 03:11:08 pm »

Try removing the thing at the top called [CASTE:ALL]
Already:
Found my mistake: it was written [CASTE:ALL], but had [SELECT_CASTE:ALL]. And probably it is not necessary to declare the caste after they are selected. In addition, in the above code has not been assigned material of the web.

Tips for fixing the error with [BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE] continue to take. If I remove this code, it will not prevent the arachnids to breed, by the way?

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: November 14, 2017, 06:16:05 pm »

How would one go about adding filterable traits (ie. in the job manager) to reagent items?  In this specific case, adding something like "Dye-producing" to the various dye plants.  I assume this has something to do with REACTION_CLASS..?

Edit: Figured it out.  Just needed to add a [REACTON_CLASS:Dye-producing] to the dye plant templates.  Wasn't showing up initially until I moved that tag from the end of the definitions to before any of their sub-definitions (ie. plant powder, seeds, etc).

Edit the Second: Oh, and you have to reference that REACTION_CLASS in some reaction, someplace, or it'll not show up.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:43:30 pm by Qev »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137