Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 188234 times)

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2025 on: November 21, 2017, 12:35:24 pm »

So, you know how things made of wood are described as being made of logs? Like "timber log wall" for instance?

Well, is it possible to remove that? Like, for a custom wood? To have a type of custom tree, materials made from which are not described as "<tree> log?"

I mean, I thought just using a stone-based custom material would do it, but it does not. These custom "trees" (basically it's an attempt at getting civs to build brick houses) aren't even made of wood, yet walls made from them are still called "red brick log wall," "brown brick log wall," "cob log wall," and "mudbrick log wall" Can I fix this?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 06:47:30 pm by Dunmeris »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: November 22, 2017, 01:14:55 am »

Why isn't this reaction giving any items? It's supposed to dispense "Epic Sax" instruments, but the dwarves don't seem to put any metal bars in and don't get any product. They just seem to do nothing for a few seconds.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_EPIC_SAX]
[NAME:make epic sax]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]

[REAGENT:A:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:INSTRUMENT:EPIC_SAX_TLM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

FUEL
[SKILL:METALCRAFT]
[DESCRIPTION:USE_INSTRUMENT:EPIC_SAX_TLM]
[CATEGORY:INSTRUMENT]

[ITEM_INSTRUMENT:EPIC_SAX_TLM]
[NAME:epic sax:epic saxes]
[VALUE:50]
[SIZE:25000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]3
[METAL_MAT]
[SOUND_PRODUCTION:BLOW_OVER_OPENING_END:SELF]
If the instrument has no parts, use SELF for the piece tokens.
[PITCH_CHOICE:SUBPART_CHOICE:SELF]
[VOLUME_mB:0:10000]
[INDEFINITE_PITCH]
[TIMBRE:WARM:REEDY]
[MUSIC_SKILL:PLAY_WIND_INSTRUMENT]
[DESCRIPTION:A saxophone possessed of great epicness.]
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: November 22, 2017, 04:59:19 am »

Try this on for size:

[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE]

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: November 22, 2017, 12:37:00 pm »

Thanks, Scamtank. It's working now.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: November 23, 2017, 02:37:33 am »

Looks like we need a new 0.44.x questions thread now  :o

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: November 23, 2017, 05:16:12 am »

Yea we probably do :P  But a lot of the modders may wait a day or two to really get into things.  There is at least one major worldgen crash bug in version .01 that toady said something about fixing in a day or two after all.

Anyway I am here for another question!  I have a really old mod that was progressively built upon over about a decade that needs to be remade due to hard drive issues.  I still have a few of the original raws fortunately, thanks to the joys of finding an old DF USB drive only about 4 years out of date.  But I figure this is as good a time as any to rework them into a more manageable format.

My main thing is the main fortress race, which contains about a dozen castes.  With my current way I've been doing it it has been limiting what I can do with the individual castes.  For example since the race is based of classic D&D chromatic dragons, I would like the red caste to be resistant to fire, and the white caste resistant to cold.   I was going to eventually remake them to put the body definitions in the caste section instead, but I did not know how to go about doing it, and my previous attempts made the entire race largely immune to heat, not just the caste I wanted.  Because of said hard drive shenanigans I lost ALL of my reference materials. (like snippets of old refrence mods made by other folks, what changes I attempted and what the results were, stuff that makes this kind of meddling more tolerable.)

Does anybody know any mods that have such significant caste work I could download to look at as a reference for how they did it?  Does not need to be current version, just enough for me to get an idea of what can work and what probably won't.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:24:15 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: November 23, 2017, 01:55:04 pm »

My Star Wars mod makes major use of castes in the Jedi, Sith, Settler, Pirate, and Rebel creatures, if you want to look at that. I know ZM5's work also uses a lot of castes.
My mods and forum games.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2032 on: November 24, 2017, 01:25:34 am »

Yea we probably do :P  But a lot of the modders may wait a day or two to really get into things.  There is at least one major worldgen crash bug in version .01 that toady said something about fixing in a day or two after all.

Anyway I am here for another question!  I have a really old mod that was progressively built upon over about a decade that needs to be remade due to hard drive issues.  I still have a few of the original raws fortunately, thanks to the joys of finding an old DF USB drive only about 4 years out of date.  But I figure this is as good a time as any to rework them into a more manageable format.

My main thing is the main fortress race, which contains about a dozen castes.  With my current way I've been doing it it has been limiting what I can do with the individual castes.  For example since the race is based of classic D&D chromatic dragons, I would like the red caste to be resistant to fire, and the white caste resistant to cold.   I was going to eventually remake them to put the body definitions in the caste section instead, but I did not know how to go about doing it, and my previous attempts made the entire race largely immune to heat, not just the caste I wanted.  Because of said hard drive shenanigans I lost ALL of my reference materials. (like snippets of old refrence mods made by other folks, what changes I attempted and what the results were, stuff that makes this kind of meddling more tolerable.)

Does anybody know any mods that have such significant caste work I could download to look at as a reference for how they did it?  Does not need to be current version, just enough for me to get an idea of what can work and what probably won't.

I had done a crap ton of advanced Castes in Regeneration http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=4831 among other things, you might be able to find everything you'd need to reference in there (and I mean anything)

I'm just getting back into the groove, so my newer unreleased stuff is in a newer better format. But Regeneration should at least give you and idea on how it all works.

Dwarves and Humans are your best bet to look into for Castes

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: November 24, 2017, 03:12:58 am »

Awesome thanks guys!  I have gotten multiple comments saying my caste work looked like a horror show, hopefully I will learn a bunch from both examples!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2034 on: December 03, 2017, 02:40:51 pm »

Something about the new version has broken my t-rex.
Spoiler: body file (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: creature file (click to show/hide)

The errorlog:
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_trex_05.txt"
TREX:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: THROAT
TREX:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: NECK

I've got no clue what's going wrong, any help would be appreciated.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2035 on: December 03, 2017, 02:47:05 pm »

It has no neck - ergo the game cannot connect the throat or upper spine to anything.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: December 03, 2017, 03:05:21 pm »

[BODY:TREX:TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_REG:4TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]

This won't give it a neck? How do I do that, then?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2037 on: December 03, 2017, 03:25:58 pm »

The separate "NECK" body part is just the upper spine. To actually give it a proper body you'd have to give it a proper neck, like this.
Spoiler: Body file (click to show/hide)

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: April 02, 2018, 06:44:06 am »

How can I make the trade caravans bring more stuff?
Im at an embark with no iron and id like to have lots and lots of iron, but the caravans bring just so few of them im getting irritated by it, any way to mod the goods amount?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: April 02, 2018, 07:07:59 am »

Your own cavaran or others?

Adding [RESPONSIBLITY:TRADE] to a foriegn nation representative will make them come with the caravan when they start to interact with you via triggers on the entity.txt raws and help establish a trade deal like the outpost liason does. There's no more than 4/5 additional objects that can be specifically requested at a price hike, but its not a moddable problem, to simply increase the size of next year's wagon nd goods they bring just export a lot of value to that civilisation.

• So by making a trade agreement with the elves for example that you can track from (c) -> (c) civilizations screen and pressing tab to go through what you ordered & what they want from you for next year, you can order giant animals on request out of their usually miniscule pack traders unless you make it really worth their time wherin they'll bring MORE pack animals the next year.
For question asker - I would advise you in general game terms to melt more metal objects from a cheat sheet (under 'yield') telling you what has good recompensation rates than buying metal bars in bulk because you can order multiple meltable objects but only a handful of metal bars.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 07:12:21 am by FantasticDorf »
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137