Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 190459 times)

Sorgklaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1440 on: October 25, 2016, 05:32:08 pm »

I'm fucking around trying to make my own custom weapon and armor material for the first time currently, trying to get a rough idea of what I want to do. But for some reason, it isn't showing up in the testing arena.

Code: [Select]
fareast_materials

[OBJECT:INORGANIC]

[INORGANIC:HARDENED_WOOD]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:hardened wood]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:coals]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:smoke]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:6:4:0]
[BUILD_COLOR:6:4:0]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[SPEC_HEAT:385]
[MELTING_POINT:11952]
[BOILING_POINT:14611]
[ITEMS_WEAPON][ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED][ITEMS_AMMO][ITEMS_ARMOR]
[ITEMS_HARD]
[ITEMS_METAL]
[ITEMS_BARRED]
[ITEMS_SCALED]
[SOLID_DENSITY:500]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:500]
[MOLAR_MASS:63546]
[IMPACT_YIELD:100000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:400000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:175]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:245000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:770000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:175] 140
[TENSILE_YIELD:70000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:220000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:58] 120
[TORSION_YIELD:50000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:120000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:145]
[SHEAR_YIELD:70000]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:220000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:145] 48
[BENDING_YIELD:40000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:220000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:58]
[MAX_EDGE:10000]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:COPPER]

Am I missing something? I've never messed with materials before.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:33:44 pm by Sorgklaan »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: October 25, 2016, 05:44:26 pm »

Is the filename is the same as the identifier on line 1? If so, there's your problem. Inorganic material definition files must be named along the lines of inorganic_*.txt.

All raw files have similar parsing restrictions.

Sorgklaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 25, 2016, 05:52:01 pm »

Is the filename is the same as the identifier on line 1? If so, there's your problem. Inorganic material definition files must be named along the lines of inorganic_*.txt.

All raw files have similar parsing restrictions.
Thanks.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #1443 on: October 26, 2016, 07:56:19 pm »

Do mods from 42.06 work on 43.XX?
Also, just a random fun questions.
What material possible to get, would you deem the softest to get, and if so, would it be possible to be used as comfortable undergarments?
Also, what's the rarest tree, softest leaf, and the most common tree with the soft leaf trait?
Yes, female adventure character requires good undergarments. (Possible to make a bra? Hmm...)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:58:30 pm by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 28, 2016, 10:43:14 am »

I was also wondering if you were to cut someone's tongue would they not be able to talk?
Jerry.
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: October 28, 2016, 12:46:31 pm »

- older mods probably work in part, you'll end up having to change some things no doubt.
- no idea what could possibly be the softest. You can use like giant cave spider silk for the lols.
- as far as rarest tree, I've almost never seen mangrove swamps. I think for softest you'd want feather tree feathers, though.
- you COULD make a bra, but you'd have to define them in the raws and generate a new world first. Keep in mind that men and flat-chested losers will also wear bras, if available to them.
- cutting out someone's tongue won't impair their speech. Body parts aren't currently associated with the ability to speak, its just a tag that you have or you don't. Assume that everyone knows sign language, communicates telepathically, or whatever.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 28, 2016, 04:18:28 pm »

- older mods probably work in part, you'll end up having to change some things no doubt.
- no idea what could possibly be the softest. You can use like giant cave spider silk for the lols.
- as far as rarest tree, I've almost never seen mangrove swamps. I think for softest you'd want feather tree feathers, though.
- you COULD make a bra, but you'd have to define them in the raws and generate a new world first. Keep in mind that men and flat-chested losers will also wear bras, if available to them.
- cutting out someone's tongue won't impair their speech. Body parts aren't currently associated with the ability to speak, its just a tag that you have or you don't. Assume that everyone knows sign language, communicates telepathically, or whatever.
Well, as always, a very amusing answer.
I do know you can spawn things like body parts and such, but i dont know how to spawn things like woods and plant parts like leafs. Could i have an example on how to do this kind of thing? i dont really know what to search in the wiki so yeah.

Looking at the raws i would think of this as a base for the undergarment:
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_ARMOR:SEC2_FEMALE_UNDERGARMENT]
[NAME:bra:bras]
[ARMORLEVEL:1]
[UBSTEP:]
[LBSTEP:0]
[LAYER:UNDER]
[COVERAGE:75]
[LAYER_SIZE:5]
[LAYER_PERMIT:5]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:9]
[SOFT]
[LEATHER]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD]
(Flash backs to the skyrim bikini armor mods)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:20:47 pm by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.

Sorgklaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: October 29, 2016, 01:08:16 am »

If I did not give a (nonplayable) civilization access to an axe, or any weapons, would they still be able to function properly? What would happen?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 29, 2016, 03:50:18 pm »

I think any potential soldiers/mercenaries/bandits would end up being wrestlers and recruits. Probably no other effects, except miners and woodcutters lacking their equipment too.

Maaaybe the civ would be more likely to be conquered in worldgen too, dunno.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sorgklaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: October 29, 2016, 04:08:42 pm »

I think any potential soldiers/mercenaries/bandits would end up being wrestlers and recruits. Probably no other effects, except miners and woodcutters lacking their equipment too.

Maaaybe the civ would be more likely to be conquered in worldgen too, dunno.

They would do fine as wrestlers, because they are fucking terrifying in melee combat. Thanks mate.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 02, 2016, 07:05:42 am »

Would an aquatic megabeast work? I don't quite understand how biome tokens work in regard to megabeasts.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 02, 2016, 08:54:22 am »

Would an aquatic megabeast work? I don't quite understand how biome tokens work in regard to megabeasts.

They wouldn't have a cave  to live in, which is a problem since they usually claim one or find a settlement to attack and base from.

Try amphibious and put them in lakes/coastal areas, they should locate to the land caves in proximity if all goes well, you could upgrade the sea serpents/sea monsters to megabeasts if it isn't too specific alternatively to semi-status, or just splice in a all ocean wide megabeast menace.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 02, 2016, 02:54:31 pm »

Try putting them in swamplands. Lakes or rivers will have the same problem as oceans.
I make Spellcrafts!

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 03, 2016, 05:11:43 pm »

What would be the minimum size # for a bird to have a guaranteed head rip off?
Jerry.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 03, 2016, 05:29:36 pm »

What would be the minimum size # for a bird to have a guaranteed head rip off?

That is a oddly specific question, probably a better question to ask is "what head size will give me the most efficient use of contact width on my [weapon]?"

I dont have a answer for you personally but my best advice is to either double the size of the attacker / equal the size of the attacker so everything is in relevant propotion (or go the gorlak route and maximise the BP to be non proportional). From memory contact area is different on differently sized creatures, as stabbing a troll in the toe with a spear will be oddly more specific and localized with the teeny weeny contact area and you can't cleave them in two in all one go with a large contact area weapon.

Average humanoid size range (goblin - dwarf - elf - human) works well for most things. Skilled axemen can cut the heads off troglodytes pretty well with a axe, sort of pointing it out as a comfortable chance of hitting, especially doubled up with good skills.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 137