Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 191297 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1695 on: April 16, 2017, 07:17:04 pm »

Pretty sure interactions are only used in combat now, regardless of usage hint.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 16, 2017, 07:18:46 pm »

Pretty sure interactions are only used in combat now, regardless of usage hint.
Well that was quick. Hopefully that's not the case, but I'll do some testing.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 17, 2017, 02:39:35 am »

Usage hints for greetings, cleaning friends and self work out of combat
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 17, 2017, 08:31:16 am »

I'm going to go with 'put in every single hint' then.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 17, 2017, 10:23:35 am »

I'd like to know the answer to this one as well - would be very useful.

I decided to test it out myself, and the answer appears to be no - at least for the worldgen part. Megabeasts that live underground don't seem to attack sites, or are even listed in legends mode. I tried with and without the UNDERGROUND_DEPTH specification to no avail. I didn't test SUBTERRANEAN_WATER or LAVA, but I doubt it'll be any different. I suppose the Forgotten beast's FEATURE_BEAST tag is responsible for this proper worldgen behavior. If only it could be specified in the actual raws.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1700 on: April 17, 2017, 02:28:23 pm »

I'd like to know the answer to this one as well - would be very useful.

I decided to test it out myself, and the answer appears to be no - at least for the worldgen part. Megabeasts that live underground don't seem to attack sites, or are even listed in legends mode. I tried with and without the UNDERGROUND_DEPTH specification to no avail. I didn't test SUBTERRANEAN_WATER or LAVA, but I doubt it'll be any different. I suppose the Forgotten beast's FEATURE_BEAST tag is responsible for this proper worldgen behavior. If only it could be specified in the actual raws.
Could be worth a try putting it in regardless and seeing what happens.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: April 17, 2017, 03:51:45 pm »

Usage hints for greetings, cleaning friends and self work out of combat
Only for non-intelligent creatures. Intelligent creatures will only ever use interactions in combat currently.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: April 17, 2017, 07:58:58 pm »

Material question: I want to make a t-1000 type creature. I therefore want it to be made of liquid.

Can you specify that a material is always liquid? If so, does it automatically consider it to be solid when used as a creature mat?

Was not able to find answers on wiki.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: April 17, 2017, 08:16:43 pm »

Material question: I want to make a t-1000 type creature. I therefore want it to be made of liquid.

Can you specify that a material is always liquid? If so, does it automatically consider it to be solid when used as a creature mat?

Here, I found some answers. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Blood_man

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: April 17, 2017, 08:51:08 pm »

Here, I found some answers. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Blood_man

PERFECT. Thanks! Knew it was around somewhere.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: April 18, 2017, 05:39:01 am »

PERFECT. Thanks! Knew it was around somewhere.
Remember that liquid is not very good at keeping things connected. It will come apart in the first blow it takes.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: April 19, 2017, 12:45:58 pm »

Does anyone have a go to source for plant information (real world, not DF)? Wikipedia isn't that helpful as most information on a given plant is about how different species were cultivated. Or is there a mod that has more realistic plant growing seasons/lengths/biomes?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: April 19, 2017, 01:39:56 pm »

Does anyone have a go to source for plant information (real world, not DF)? Wikipedia isn't that helpful as most information on a given plant is about how different species were cultivated. Or is there a mod that has more realistic plant growing seasons/lengths/biomes?

welcome to research hell, suffer as I have hahahahaha

that said, between google-provided research papers and ancient colonial accounts transcribed on project gutenberg, I did run into this little database on tropical plants http://tropical.theferns.info/

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: April 19, 2017, 01:51:26 pm »

welcome to research hell, suffer as I have hahahahaha

that said, between google-provided research papers and ancient colonial accounts transcribed on project gutenberg, I did run into this little database on tropical plants http://tropical.theferns.info/

So aggravating, that site does help a bit though. Thinking I might just forget about real world plants all together and use nothing but custom plants.

EDIT: Nevermind, that is even more work trying to think up names for everything. You think it wouldn't be hard to figure out where and when plants grow naturally. I'm thinking I might just limit crops based on a "biome quota", so you have about the same number of available plants in each Biome, but they are varied. For instance strawberries could grow in grassland or savannah, but I will limit them to forest biomes (which is where wild strawberries were most common), and cranberries can grow in a lot of places, but do best in very wet areas so limit those to marshes. Won't be incredibly realistic, but it will be better than being able to grow practically everything during every season
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:56:52 pm by Roses »

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: April 20, 2017, 03:06:38 pm »

is there a way to increase skill learn rate without transformations,i want to create a race that learns faster the more of them are near by,and i think having them transform would brake game flow when you get a migrant wave.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 137