Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 190470 times)

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1830 on: June 16, 2017, 06:06:35 am »

i need a playable boogeymen mod
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Turn those goblinoid uglybolds into adorable cutebolds

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: June 16, 2017, 06:45:27 pm »

i need a playable boogeymen mod

Aren't they randomly generated? Also, I recall that if you give the tags that relate to boogeymen in a playable creature you will evaporate in the sun.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: June 17, 2017, 09:05:50 pm »

Vanilla bogeymen are randomly generated and those that spawn around an adventurer will disappear at dawn, but the creature themselves, if its not spawned to harass a lone adventurer, isnt going to evaporate in sunlight. Witchlights in my spellcrafts mod spawn as bogeymen as well as in caverns and wetlands and have no such issues; they're just intentionally very fragile. A creature that isnt spawned as a bogeyman also isnt necessarily going to be hostile if its raws dont specify it as opposed to life or crazed or something.

Oh, to answer the actual question, I dont actually know of any mod where you can specifically play as any sort of bogeyman
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:25:51 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: June 18, 2017, 10:14:49 am »

well what about any night creature
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: June 18, 2017, 10:26:53 am »

also randomly generated

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: June 18, 2017, 10:31:30 am »

but i remember masterwork letting you be a night creature in adventure mode

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1836 on: June 18, 2017, 11:41:31 am »

@masterwork as quite a few people reference it, and hold other "Mods" up to its standards.
I'm fairly certain this Night Creature is most likely the same setup or broken up into castes that is outsider only adventure mode of some of the various randomly generated night creatures that DF can generate. But they are not generated per world, if you turn compressed saves off you can open up the save folder and browse the generated creatures and more or less "imitate" that generated critter as a normal creature that players are able to use. Pair with some interactions and you can make a semi believable playstyle of being a night creature, or boogeyman or what have you.

Remember Masterwork still has to adhere to what other modders can do, it has a heavy use of DFHack to make some more impossible scenarios possible but that even has its own limits.

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: June 18, 2017, 01:19:22 pm »

is it possible to port the the playable night creature mod from masterwork into df 43.05 with dfhack

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1838 on: June 18, 2017, 06:20:43 pm »

AS easy as it would be to make it from scratch yourself.
Up to you

Really now with 43.05 you might just need a custom CREATURE, and conversion interactions (interaction) then play as outsider.
Likewise if going from scratch just set your .ini files to say uncompressed saves, gen a quick world, then dig through the I think world data? been awhile but there is a file that contains all the generated objects like forgotten_beast1, demon13, etc etc. Then you can just copy paste a night creature you like, tweak it to work then you have your own night creature. of course now it will be consistent between worlds but you'll have a night creature.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: June 18, 2017, 06:47:14 pm »

but i remember masterwork letting you be a night creature in adventure mode

Not possible anymore, since OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE is a creature-level token that replaced INDIV_CONTROLLABLE

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: June 18, 2017, 07:29:16 pm »

[REACTION:DECORATE_ITEM_WITH_GEM]
   [NAME:encrust item with gem]
   [REAGENT:A:1:SMALLGEM:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [REAGENT:B:1:WEAPON:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [IMPROVEMENT:100:B:COVERED:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:ENCRUSTGEM]

This'll let me encrust a weapon and keep it it's normal self, like encrusting a bracelet does, right?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: June 18, 2017, 10:55:35 pm »

What gives doors their adjascent wall requirement?
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: June 18, 2017, 11:58:20 pm »

Furniture in general are not in the raws in any way, shape or form, excepting instruments that can be placed.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: June 19, 2017, 12:08:54 am »

What gives doors their adjascent wall requirement?

When building? Walls. After construction, though, doors connected to other doors will keep each other standing as if they were wall tiles, even if all proper walls get dug out or pulled down around them.

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: June 19, 2017, 06:37:31 am »

When building? Walls. After construction, though, doors connected to other doors will keep each other standing as if they were wall tiles, even if all proper walls get dug out or pulled down around them.
No. What coding gives doors that property.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 137