Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 188245 times)

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1905 on: September 22, 2017, 01:55:02 pm »

Just out of academic curiosity, are the effects [AQUIFER] tag hard-coded, or can they be found somewhere in the raws? Somebody brought up the idea of making a new type of "aquifer" that generates magma instead of water.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

LordVictorXII

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: September 22, 2017, 02:48:27 pm »

I'm trying my hand at modding in a new creature and associated Civ.  So far, I've got most of the kinks worked out, but I keep encountering the issue of children and babies being born with no names.

Migrants, including children and babies, have names upon arrival.  But anyone born in the test fortress seems to get no name.  It's not a terrible issue, although I'm imagining trouble when it gets to the point where they're adults and actually doing work, and you can't tell who's who.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: September 22, 2017, 03:28:34 pm »

Just out of academic curiosity, are the effects [AQUIFER] tag hard-coded, or can they be found somewhere in the raws? Somebody brought up the idea of making a new type of "aquifer" that generates magma instead of water.

They're hard coded. You couldn't really do that except maybe by a stone that instantly melts into its superheated state and remains as a puddle of death on the floor, but it won't just ooze from the walls.

Or dfhack. I'm sure somebody has a script like that.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: September 22, 2017, 09:35:41 pm »

To be more specific, the effects of literally every tag are hard-coded.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: September 23, 2017, 10:09:40 am »

Does PROB: work for special effect syndromes? (add tag, body transform, skill roll adjust, display name, etc)

Can CE_ADD_TAG be used with non-standard tags such as STERILE/MORTAL/NO_AGING?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:13:37 am by Bearskie »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: September 23, 2017, 02:53:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure prob works with all syndromes. I'm not sure what non standard tags are but all acceptable arguements can be found on the syndromes page on the wiki.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Syndrome
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 23, 2017, 06:02:32 pm »

Can CE_ADD_TAG be used with non-standard tags such as STERILE/MORTAL/NO_AGING?

STERILE can only be used with CE_ADD_TAG, in fact. That's its only purpose for existing.

Everything that can be used with CE_ADD_TAG is what is usable with IT_REQUIRES.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: September 24, 2017, 06:02:41 pm »

I'm trying to mod in some extra plants but I'm a little confused by growths. Things like plump helmets are relatively easy to figure out, since it's just a single plant that you pull out of the ground and do stuff to, but I'm trying to make a plant with fruit and leaves. Ideally, the fruit would be gathered while leaving the plant itself in the ground, and then the plant could be collected later and processed to produce leaves. The fruit could be for drinks and seeds for re-planting, but if you didn't need the leaves, you could just leave the plant in the farm plot where it was growing.

It's kinda working now; my farmers are planting the crop fine and then, sometime later, I end up with fruits, leaves, and plants. I'm just confused a bit as to how they're getting all that stuff. They're either picking the fruit up from the ground where it falls or somehow harvesting it with the plant, I guess? And I have no idea where they're getting the leaves, since they aren't set to fall off and I don't even have a farmer's workshop set up to process them to a bag.

Anyway! My question is: How does gathering plants work? Do herbalists always pick the plant as well as the fruit? Is there a way to determine that, and/or does it change based on whether or not a plant is in a farm plot? I've looked at a few of the berries and things in the RAWs but I'm still kind of lost.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

deanec64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: September 25, 2017, 03:24:09 am »

I'm attempting to see if files in a subfolder will load before the files in the main folder of raws. thanks  for the help.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: September 25, 2017, 06:21:03 am »

I'm attempting to see if files in a subfolder will load before the files in the main folder of raws. thanks  for the help.

They're not recognized at all. /raw/objects or nothing.

deanec64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 25, 2017, 01:16:15 pm »

They're not recognized at all. /raw/objects or nothing.

GOOD. thanks

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: September 25, 2017, 05:14:24 pm »

My mod keeps crashing whenever I try to load up a fort or adventurer I already started. Errorlogs are empty. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I'm not sure what's causing it, and I have a bunch of stuff modded in.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

kelid190

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 27, 2017, 04:07:59 pm »

Hello!

I'm considering adding these reactions to my adventure game.

I'm concerned about stability though.  Does adding things like this cause problems with the game?  What if I want to add even more exciting crafting reactions?  What if I later enter fortress mode?  What if I want to sell the goods?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: September 27, 2017, 06:39:21 pm »

Those are no different from the reactions already included in Dwarf Fortress.

kelid190

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: September 27, 2017, 07:50:53 pm »

It won't allow me to craft a backpack in adventure mode?
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 137