Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bullwinkle-Mooseman Lord of the dance, man, and Adventure  (Read 1873 times)

Draximo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bullwinkle-Mooseman Lord of the dance, man, and Adventure
« on: December 11, 2015, 11:39:02 pm »

Started out Bullwinkle Irecucata Seneri Ilefi a mooseman in an elven retreat. Demi-god with points in things that would help me survive (strength, agility, etc.) and points in bardistry, swimming, reading, and whatnot. I took out a few elves right after spawning and took their hearts. I moved on, got a drunk dwarf and a miner to join me at the first fort I ran into with my dancing skills and proceeded to find a night creature. Needless to say kicking their neck into gore didn't stop them and I had to use hawkwrath to save my companions. Unfortunately they had left the killing blows before their own defeat to my companions and I proceeded to butcher them and take their skulls as a prop for "alas poor urist". just wondering, what is a mooseman's size? I am too large to wear human armor as far as I've seen. After this I went to a Dark Pit after getting a dwarf companion, recruited a goblin butcher, then hawkwrathed "Sparta kicked" who I identified as the local leader down a 20z plus pit and proclaimed myself lord of this area. Then me and my companions did a little dance by the pit. I am on a smaller island world so i have aspirations of becoming a fixate in the legends. Also i have 2 weregiraffe elves in my troupe lol, thinking i might have to campfire circle them until i figure out weather i want to be a weregiraffe mooseman or a vampire, eh lol. how large are weregiraffes by the way? if they are frightening i would totally go with them.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
Re: Bullwinkle-Mooseman Lord of the dance, man, and Adventure
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 08:01:15 am »

Actually the werebeast isn't of your choice, but most werebeasts are much larger then their regular counterpart, but vampirism is better because you don't lose all of your armor.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Draximo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 08:11:29 am »

I thought that if i got bit by one of the weregiraffes in my party i would also turn into one instead of a random werecreature. If you find a naked person in a cave, entice them to join you. When you tell a story about them it has usually a couple pages or so of information about them like who they devoured or transferred their curse to. There is literally a dozen lairs of these guys on the eastside of a fallen elven kingdom. I am kinda leaning towards vampire as it would make exploring less tedious, and i could probably use a couple of companions as foodstuffs.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 01:58:31 pm »

Actually the werebeast isn't of your choice, but most werebeasts are much larger then their regular counterpart, but vampirism is better because you don't lose all of your armor.

Youa rer wrong, if he is bitten by a weregiraffe he will become a weregiraffe, it is how they "spread:.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 01:59:28 pm »

I thought that if i got bit by one of the weregiraffes in my party i would also turn into one instead of a random werecreature. If you find a naked person in a cave, entice them to join you. When you tell a story about them it has usually a couple pages or so of information about them like who they devoured or transferred their curse to. There is literally a dozen lairs of these guys on the eastside of a fallen elven kingdom. I am kinda leaning towards vampire as it would make exploring less tedious, and i could probably use a couple of companions as foodstuffs.

You will become a weregiraffe. That is how it works, if you are bitten by a weregoat, you become a weregoat etc.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Tlukle

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't you think my name is odd?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 03:38:05 pm »

You will become a weregiraffe. That is how it works, if you are bitten by a weregoat, you become a weregoat etc.
I hate weregoats they destroyed my fortress.
Alone on a hill I sat and thought oh what ever today might become not.

Draximo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 12:49:32 pm »

I found an asterisk wandering through a fallen elf civilization (their pretty much all werebeasts on the outskirts, lairs galore), and when I stopped to check them it was a vampire. hurray! tried to get them into my troupe, but my companions REALLY didn't want to yield. After him ripping off my tavern keepers big toe and throwing him I decided enough was enough and kicked his head off with my hooves. I really wanted to impale their heart with my wooden sword and THEN decapitate them somehow but eh. After that was done filled up a bag of their blood and proceeded to dance in blood and guts, well and our poor unconscious bar keep. I think I will wait for the next full moon to make a decision between werebeast and vamp. If were creatures are much larger, well I saw giraffes were size 1,000,000 as compared to my moose man who on average is 297,500. one bug in a previous version I wonder if still works is going to a fort as a were creature, biting an armored soldier, and running away and waiting an hour. go back and there is a werebeast you bit, but their armor is scaled to their size and they are still wearing it. if that's the case I might go with werebeast so I can at least find armor that fits me SOME of the time lol.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 06:59:13 am »

If you find a naked person in a cave, entice them to join you.

Excellent advice.