Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: 42.XX Adventure thread  (Read 56086 times)

paleohayduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 42.XX Adventure thread
« Reply #330 on: December 08, 2015, 05:55:23 pm »

There are some larger animal people. The Hyena men are 65000 and even Capybara man is ~59000 .. Can you play as an Orca man? They grow up to be 2500000

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 08, 2015, 06:32:01 pm »

I'd rather be an anaconda man. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 08, 2015, 07:03:00 pm »

My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm ^3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 08, 2015, 07:11:15 pm »

There are some larger animal people. The Hyena men are 65000 and even Capybara man is ~59000 .. Can you play as an Orca man? They grow up to be 2500000

no, because they are full aquatic.  You can play as an Elephant Seal Man, which should be the largest available in stock. 

They have some funny movement modes (when you try to sprint, for example), and can go directly into water without using force-movement commands (which is nice for crossing streams and such -- except you still have to leave the travel map)

Spidermen are 35,000 cm3. They're literally not even a metre, if we're going with the supposed average human height I just gave above!

Yeah, even things like coconut crab men are about 35k.  Even though they are huge (HUGE!) for crabs, they're not half a human.  Most bugs and snakes and crabs and things smaller than half-human size get increased to about 35000.  A few rare things are smaller.

You only get bigger if the animal its self might be larger than a man.  Wild Boar Men are slightly bigger than human size, and can wear human sized equipment.  Real wild boars used to be pretty big, though most modern ones are not.  They can still get up to 450kg, for the Ussuri variety.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 08, 2015, 08:14:20 pm »

OH FINE, DON'T LAUGH AT MY STUPID JOKE ABOUT THE BUTTOCKS!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 08, 2015, 08:40:41 pm »

I just thought I'd leave that behind.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 08, 2015, 09:00:17 pm »

In hindsight, it was kinda funny.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 08, 2015, 09:05:50 pm »

You have redeemed yourselves and now I feel like an ass for overreacting.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 08, 2015, 09:12:11 pm »

These puns are a pain in the ass. o3o

Meanwhile back on my island...I wish those bronze colossi hadn't chased me away from those minotaurs. I hunger for parchment.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Literal

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [HABIT:COOK_PEOPLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 08, 2015, 09:53:16 pm »

I don't know if anyone else has gotten this yet... But my adventurer is a faithful worshipper of... of... CACAME! The force which permeates The Royal Forest. I guess I worship his spirit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #340 on: December 08, 2015, 10:52:04 pm »

an adventurer succession game a-la "the museum" is starting up
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154415.0
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 08, 2015, 11:06:31 pm »

Time to raid another lair. I'm gonna see if I can murder enough to get an era change eventually.

Also? Shoggoths. Nasty little things.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 09, 2015, 02:32:50 am »

OH FINE, DON'T LAUGH AT MY STUPID JOKE ABOUT THE BUTTOCKS!
Hey I found it funny enough to sig it.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Dozus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 09, 2015, 01:38:05 pm »

Made an osprey man. Ran into a group of goblin bandits I rained death on from the sky. Went into a mead hall, befriended a couple guards, killed the lord, then made one of the guards the new lord (he was still pretty pissed, but accepted the position). Found another town with a seemingly abandoned mead hall. Met one goblin spearman inside. Talked to him about values for a while, casually asked about the local ruler. He instantly springs across the room and runs me through with the spear. Fun.

Rolled giant tortoise dancer-spearwoman. Recruited a bunch of dwarf drunks to form an entertainer's band. Wandered across the continent, killing a few giant animals along the way. Ran into some hamster men, talked about our feelings, convinced them to join our dancing group. Then found a fort with no apparent ruler, claimed it, passed off the throne to a hamster man. Hamster man lord!

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 09, 2015, 01:50:20 pm »

So we found all the funny stuff already?

I was expecting this version to be DF2014 hilarious but oh well...

Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31