Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: NEW! - Suggestions for 42.01  (Read 26918 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: NEW! - Suggestions for 42.01
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 01:56:49 am »

it's fully possible to add more curses to statue defiling, but weird weather is not one i don't think

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 05:09:35 am »

A way for fortresses to recruit wild animal-people would be nice, since ATM only animal-people "precivilized" from world-gen can visit/join a fortress peacefully. Another idea is to make resident animal-people from normal animals, I can see that as a late-game druid thing for the elves, gnomes, and kobolds.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 06:25:44 am »

first I have to figure out how to make civ-members of a different race for multirace fortresses. :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 06:29:30 am »

I am really curious how other races joining your fortress will work. Will we be able to force certain species to show up? Can we restrict certain reactions/workshops to certain castes/creatures? Would elves naturally refuse to cut down trees or would your own ethics allow that? Not sure which is preferable. I imagine that if an elf joins an orcish fort it is because they believe in the orcish ideals.  Of course, some that may join your fort may be as slaves...but they don't really get a say in ethics anyway.

Some well defined bonuses and maluses for each species. It would be interesting to be able to find an elf to craft bows for your military or maybe a dwarf to do all the wall engraving when playing as a different race. I remember Meph used to have races laid out in a number of groups where they would trade within the group and raid anyone outside the group. Would make sense to have Humans and Dwarves enter each others forts as members much more often than an Orc may request citizenship in to either. Some species may be more xenophobic than others? Or that may be something to be decided as the player.

Would be fun to play as dwarves and accept a number of orcs in to my fort and place them in their own special military unit. Also would be fun to enslave humans as miners in my own orc fort :D

A question I thought of while writing this out: How do attributes affect labors? Is it simply a learning rate modifier? Or is it speed? Will orcs always mine faster than elves due to their strength? What about efficiency? Will they uncover stone more often? Will crafts be of a higher quality when done with greater creativity?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 11:46:16 am »

I think we can start by fixing a lots of issues.
- There is a [DESCRIPTION:<string>] token. It's a thing. Masterwork will be playable without any manual thanks to that.
- Also [MAX_MULTIPLIER:<#>] will fix the issues with bone stacks.
- You can define [IS_SAND_MATERIAL] for glass reactions, removing the extra step of making raw glass.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:54:41 am by Boltgun »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 12:44:55 pm »

- There is a [DESCRIPTION:<string>] token. It's a thing. Masterwork will be playable without any manual thanks to that.

This works for tools, instruments and reactions, btw

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 01:57:52 pm »

Since the introduction of Masterwork, I haven’t paid much attention to vanilla.  Where’s the best place to pick up on the changes?  The vanilla boards seem as scrambled as these.   :)

"Release notes.txt" and "file changes.txt" in the df_42_01 (or whatever you renamed it to) folder

Thanks -- also, this link/summary: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154197.0
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:24:56 am by jimboo »
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 02:02:08 pm »

Since the introduction of Masterwork, I haven’t paid much attention to vanilla.  Where’s the best place to pick up on the changes?  The vanilla boards seem as scrambled as these.   :)
"Release notes.txt" and "file changes.txt" in the df_42_01 (or whatever you renamed it to) folder

Edit*
if we can, we should add some utility to the new Skills,a Stage workshop that lets the player choose what type of instrument is played (and train skills)(if its possible it would be nice to see it change what is played in stonesense),maybe the DFHack wizards can find a way to force  musicians to play.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:09:33 pm by Isngrim »
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 03:00:59 pm »

http://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8719

Given that the constructions in trees bug has been resolved, I would love to see playable elves as a civ. I fully understand that I'm a minority though when it comes to this opinion.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 06:00:45 pm »

This works for tools, instruments and reactions, btw
I tested it, only works for tools now... and the new prodecudally generated instruments, none of the other items. Guess the reactions can add it only to instruments, not the other items. :( Hope Toady enables this for all item types.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2015, 02:41:19 am »

Another thought on Quicklime.  It burns crazy bright and used to be used for spotlights - 'limelight'.  Some form of spotlight structure or a flash mine would be nifty.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2015, 08:03:48 am »

Another thought on Quicklime.  It burns crazy bright and used to be used for spotlights - 'limelight'.  Some form of spotlight structure or a flash mine would be nifty.

Hm, isnt making people go blind actually benefical? Or is that older edition shenanigans? Maybe give a flash mine a syndrome that set ranged weapon skill to 0.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2015, 08:23:55 am »

Hm, isnt making people go blind actually benefical? Or is that older edition shenanigans? Maybe give a flash mine a syndrome that set ranged weapon skill to 0.
you cant change skills like that. Blind melee fighters have no problems, but blind ranged units dont hit anything.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2015, 08:36:23 am »

That works too, I guess.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2015, 03:02:17 am »

http://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8719

Given that the constructions in trees bug has been resolved, I would love to see playable elves as a civ. I fully understand that I'm a minority though when it comes to this opinion.

I would love playable elves. If DFhack can spawn/plant trees that'd be even better. Trees that drop leaves with contact poison? Quick bramble hedges? Bring back Ironbark and Steeloak perhaps or some other weapons grade wood. The succubus thread seemed to have some nice ideas on the soul and gaining skills from devouring slain enemies like proper elves.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11