Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: NEW! - Suggestions for 42.01  (Read 26954 times)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: NEW! - Suggestions for 42.01
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2015, 07:19:36 am »

On that note, I've always found it weird that the only thing separating a normal forest from a "savage" one was big animals and "highwood" trees. Making savage biomes even more savage by adding actively hazardous wildlife like Machineel trees and a vertebrate-version of the Cordyceps fungus would go a long way to explaining why civs actively avoid settling near them.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2015, 09:47:21 am »

Probably because the AI of dwarves is stupid and if I add poisonous plants, they would eat them. Or do you think that I should add them as non-edible to allow people to make poisons?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2015, 01:16:09 pm »

Poison coated weapons/bolts would be cool, and I think are already present in MW.

Do you think it would be possible to make a plant poisonous to one race, but not to another?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2015, 01:29:05 pm »

Do you think it would be possible to make a plant poisonous to one race, but not to another?

Easily. Gnomeblight in vanilla is actually specifically designed for this.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2015, 01:54:37 pm »

Probably because the AI of dwarves is stupid and if I add poisonous plants, they would eat them. Or do you think that I should add them as non-edible to allow people to make poisons?
Non-edibles that trigger syndromes when handled?
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2015, 02:04:19 pm »

There is no [SYN_HELD] or anything of the sort, syndromes can only be triggered by interactions, contact (which is for spatters, like powders or liquids), ingestion, injection and inhalation.

I may be forgetting one or two.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2015, 02:14:06 pm »

I know how it works... ;)

My question was more aimed at: Do you want these savage plants to be a reward for players that embark on savage biomes, OR should they be another level of difficulty added?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2015, 02:17:43 pm »

Both. :P A reward AND a danger would give an incentive, yet the danger would be upped.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2015, 06:29:00 pm »

I know how it works... ;)

My question was more aimed at: Do you want these savage plants to be a reward for players that embark on savage biomes, OR should they be another level of difficulty added?

A little of both, deadly poison for weapons but with the cost of tolerating of all the other dangers that Machineels present, simulating the deadly, blistering vapors alone would make chopping the trees to prevent poisonings a tempting thought for risk-adverse players.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2015, 02:38:19 am »

A poison that's dangerous to collect, but safe after refinement, and highly rewarding.
Like, I would set one of my gatherers to collecting poison and refining it, knowing that they'd be out of commission for a couple seasons afterwards.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Protonicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2015, 09:19:24 am »

Some "income" feature from fortress visitors.
1) Add payment features for non-residents in inn/tavern/temple/library.
2) Add museum where should be located artifacts (manually selected). and also some payment due it total value.
3) Payment with copper/silver/gold coins,nuggets or bars or selected acceptable items. (Visitors should have some when comes from the edge of map).
4) Add shop for individual item retail trading with visitors in opposite of waiting caravans.

So I would be able to build tourist paradise  8)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:36:48 am by Protonicus »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2015, 12:16:41 pm »

1. Not too practical, since they probably won't have money on them
2. Can't add locations, this may change with DFHack but I  wouldn't rely on it
3. can't mod behavior like that
4. can't mod behavior like that

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2015, 08:43:01 am »

You can play make-believe and just store our artefacts in display cases in a very nice statue garden. ;)

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2015, 02:10:40 pm »

id like to see some crossover between different races workshops,so when i re-embark as dwarves in a Gnome/Succubi fort i can use one or two of their workshops.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2015, 06:03:12 pm »

id like to see some crossover between different races workshops,so when i re-embark as dwarves in a Gnome/Succubi fort i can use one or two of their workshops.

That was an idea I'd like to see implemented.

Also some crossover fort/adv mode items could be nice, like producing stuff to read or drink for the adventurers to use or some extra rare component to be brought into a retired fort by an adventurer to be placed as a furniture in fort mode.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11