Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liaison don't giving news  (Read 2160 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Liaison don't giving news
« on: December 08, 2015, 11:38:38 am »

The liaison in both fortresses I had (both in the same world) didn't have news to share about the state of the world. He would say ("The world is the same as ever"), though later playing as adventurer I found out that many fortresses fell to undead or goblins. Is anyone getting the news?  I think it may be bugged.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: Liaison don't giving news
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 11:44:01 am »

Maybe he didnt got the news taht they fell?
Ya know, messages need time to travel. *shrugs*

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 11:51:32 am »

The fortress was active for 6 years. Later I retired it.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 12:25:18 pm »

I typically get "the world is the same as ever", but with a dying civ, that's not surprising. The current fortress did inform me that the king had been replaced (which I already knew, since the new king happened to be the previous caravan's trade liaison, and he was still hanging out in my tavern when I noticed it said he was king rather than trade liaison).

So, there are still news. Could the sites have fallen before you embarked? If that was the case I'd expect news to refer to the situation at that time.

suburbanplankton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 12:28:25 pm »

I'm getting as much news as ever, possibly more.  I think you just have a boring world  :)

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 01:08:08 pm »

My liaison said the same on the first year. The next he did not come. Nor the year after that.

There was only one mountainhome at the time I embarked, so I'm pretty sure it has fallen and my fortress is now the last refuge of dwarfkind.

Give it time.

Edit: After making an adventurer and checking things out, I'm pretty sure the reason is that a huge fight is going down in a settlement between the only remaining hillocks and my fortress. A fortress that was taken over by goblins from The Hell of Pain is undergoing an insurrection - it's packed with screaming civililians and viciously fighting soldiers. I assume the liaison has been cut off since this is taking place right on the main road.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:27:09 pm by FoiledFencer »
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 01:20:09 pm »

The world is not boring, there is an undead invasion going on. But if other people are getting the news it must be something with me then.