Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: outpost liaison not leaving?  (Read 7712 times)

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
outpost liaison not leaving?
« on: December 08, 2015, 11:40:14 am »

ok so i finally got around to playing the new version and i got past my first year
one thing ive noticed though is that my outpost liaison has already talked to my expedition leader and made a trade agreement, but he hasnt left

he is standing outside in the walled in area around the entrance to my fort and the only thing in his way to the edge of the map is a door

looking at the door its set to passable, pet passable

is this a bug or is the outpost liaison supposed to stay year round now?
 http://imgur.com/UmPBv23

its currently the 6th of opal and he has just been meandering around for quite some time now
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: outpost liaison not leaving?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 12:16:33 pm »

They hang out for a bit now, presumably waiting for you to build a tavern so they can relax before walking back to the mountainhome.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 12:21:26 pm »

My first trade liaison hang around my tavern, became king (the old one croaked, apparently), and left when the elves came. The second caravan was blocked by a siege, and the third one arrived shortly AFTER a Titan arrived. Luckily, the Titan was busy trying to destroy the door+floor grate of my watchdog's pen, so they all made it in. He left when the caravan left (the Titan still trying to figure out how to get in...), went straight east, and then decided to leave the map mid south. The Titan woke up and chased him, but thanks to his thick skull, the caravan made it off the map without anyone getting hurt or even upset.
The Titan then went back to the dog and managed to do the destruction act, chased the dog into my secondary entrance tunnel and was caught there (it killed the dog, of course). I let the Titan out when the next gobbo siege came (and WHAT at siege, I counted 110 units before the trolls started pouring in. I'd guess 100 "goblins", about the same number of beak dogs, and 40 or so trolls). The Titan didn't last long, though, and only managed to sever an arm before being overwhelmed.

So, liaisons can hang around for a while and socialize, and they can leave. I'd just wait. If nothing else, he'll leave when the next dwarven caravan comes in.

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 12:44:34 pm »

I've been wondering the same thing but
They hang out for a bit now, presumably waiting for you to build a tavern so they can relax before walking back to the mountainhome.
makes sense.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 02:40:10 pm »

In my case he just waited at the north edge of the map and looked stupid for three years. Eventually I decided to send the military out to either scare him off or kill him so he'd get replaced.

They're having a hard time of it, apparently.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 04:16:30 pm »

I had a tavern and my liasion hang out in the tavern and partaken in tavern antics( tell stories, listen to songs, dance) before leaving.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 04:23:51 pm »

In a way, this is a refreshing shift to normalcy with liaison behavior. Previously they were known mostly for standing at the mayor's bedside and watching her sleep.