Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Differences In The New Edition - General  (Read 58465 times)

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Differences In The New Edition - General
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 06:38:05 pm »

Yeah, I have a temple to an unassigned god called the Lined Temple with nothing in it. It doesn't seem to be helping much, so setting it to a particular one and seeing if that helps. It's set just from making an i meeting zone then hitting l once you've placed it down to make it a temple/tavern/other thing I've forgotten.

Brewing seems to be broken or very changed because I can't brew at all right now and I have barrels, plump helms and sweet pods aplenty. A reload may be in order sob.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 06:40:18 pm »

Could Toady have deliberately made plump helmets and sweet pods unbrewable to add some challenge to the game? Oh, Toady....with hand, you giveth, and with the other you taketh away.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes explosions for their BOOM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 06:47:24 pm »

Setting temples just work from the 'i' command. Nothing is actually needed to put it down, like I said. I put the statue in there because I had it. XD I also slapped two bags in there since it keeps track of that. A nifty feature: it tells you how many dwarves worship the god when you're assigning a temple to a specific one, and what that god represents.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Just got another deity statue out of my mason. Out of four total ordered. The chances of dwarfs making statues to their gods might have been upped a little. I'mma order a whole mess of them and see how it goes.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:53:27 pm by Wheeljack »

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 06:52:12 pm »

Setting temples just work from the 'i' command. Nothing is actually needed to put it down, like I said. I put the statue in there because I had it. XD I also slapped two bags in there since it keeps track of that. A nifty feature: it tells you how many dwarves worship the god when you're assigning a temple to a specific one, and what that god represents.

Interesting. Could you set another temple up to another god and stick a random statue in there? I'm curious to see if having a statue of the associated deity enhances a temple somehow.

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 06:56:51 pm »

Yeah, it seems plump helmets are only cookable now or something, and sweet pods aren't even on the kitchen list at all. I only just got something letting me brew by gathering some outdoors plants (raddishes and blueberries for the curious).
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 06:57:41 pm »

Doesn't seem to have much effect that I can see. I put a statue of horseshoe crabs in one. XD Next one is getting the gila monsters statue. Once I can get someone to prey in the temples I may be able to share more. :3

Edit: Odd that you guys are having problems. I just brewed up some plump helmets just fine. Planter grabbed 5 and a barrel and made booze just fine.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:03:07 pm by Wheeljack »

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 07:03:40 pm »

Try grinding the sweet pods into dwarven sugar and brewing that. If it doesn't work, well, maybe Toady thinks that there can only be dwarven beer, not dwarven wine or rum.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 07:04:36 pm »

Doesn't seem to have much effect that I can see. I put a statue of horseshoe crabs in one. XD Next one is getting the gila monsters statue. Once I can get someone to prey in the temples I may be able to share more. :3

Edit: Odd that you guys are having problems. I just brewed up some plump helmets just fine. Planter grabbed 5 and a barrel and made booze just fine.
Odd. I'll reboot and see if that helps. At least they're still eating the things, so that's good.

SirFinbar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2015, 07:05:01 pm »

I can't imagine any sentient being removing dwarven wine or rum. Must be a bug.

I am sincerely considering devoting the whole of tomorrow to this new version.

Enepttastic

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2015, 07:05:46 pm »

Yeah, it seems plump helmets are only cookable now or something, and sweet pods aren't even on the kitchen list at all. I only just got something letting me brew by gathering some outdoors plants (raddishes and blueberries for the curious).

Odd, I actually DLed the newest version instead of waiting for dfhack/therapist/tilesets to update just to check on the plump helmet situation and had absolutely no problems brewing some I embarked with.

I'm too lazy and disinclined to deal with pure vanilla DF to check the sweet pod situation but from the raws there shouldn't be a problem there either.
If I ask a question assume I saw the answer and am thankful for it. I've a bad habit of testing the answer immediately and then forgetting to reply >.>

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2015, 07:06:32 pm »

But... Plump Helmet :(  I mean, it is the mushroom, iconic of DF unto itself.  Are Dwarven Beer & Dwarven Wine even still a thing?

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2015, 07:07:45 pm »

Nothing. I am going to blame the Spacefox graphics pack XD Oh well I can handle it, time to make some outdoors food plots. No cave adaptation here!

I'll redownload the raws for plants later.

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 07:11:57 pm »

Whelp I got my first few citizens to my temples! Of the three dwarves in the bottom temple, one of them actually doesn't worship that god but stopped by to pray anyway. The god he does worship has a temple right next door, too. Couldn't be bother to walk a few more steps. Dwarves, forever lazy. XD

Also unsure what the difference between the two different worships. Might tell you whether they're worshipping a favored god?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:17:51 pm by Wheeljack »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2015, 07:19:08 pm »

Try checking their profiles?

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 07:23:23 pm »

Well, this is odd. Even though they've run in and out of the temples a few times, none of them are showing any change. Still says "unfocused after being unable to prey to" so and so god. One of them, my doctor has yet to move since going in, and he has the purple Worship!.

Edit: Okay, purple worship! seems to be bad. Still fiddling around.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:27:00 pm by Wheeljack »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15