Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Differences In The New Edition - General  (Read 58662 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Differences In The New Edition - General
« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2015, 01:07:46 am »

I've seen a few reports of animals being distracted like that.  Probably unintentional behavior of animals having needs like sapient creatures, but it would be interesting if they just had a need to steal and it was met by actually stealing.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2015, 07:15:37 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is this new behavior? I have never seen a creature being strangled so hard that it's neck basically explodes...
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2015, 01:50:01 pm »

It seems to me that dorfs are thirstier in this version than 0.40.24. Usually I ran out of booze sometimes early winter, but with a paltry 2+3 migrants I ran out in mid autumn, and with 5 migrants in the first wave I ran out late summer. The only thing I've done booze-wise on embark is to replace 10 units of booze for 10 units of the missing kind.

Has anyone else noted this, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2015, 02:08:37 pm »

I would say seem both hungrier and thirstier in 42.01, but that's just my opinion, no stats to back it up.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2015, 02:39:48 pm »

I  third the observation that they seem to go through food and booze more quickly than previously. (But I don't have hard data to back that up.)
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

vexxice

• Bay Watcher
  • Traveling at the speed of Urist (not that fast)
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2015, 05:33:54 pm »

Anyone else having an unusually large amount of strange moods? eh, I just think they are cranky because of their sleeping situation.

I don't think anyone is using the tables in the tavern. When people want to eat they seem to be moving to the library tables.

Also, animal men seem to have had an intelligence increase. There is a Dingo Man Crossbowman who is currently listening to poetry in the tavern. I thought that only the civ races could socialize at the tavern, this is awesome to me. I'm hoping he petitions to join the fort soon.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:44:17 pm by vexxice »

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2015, 08:33:55 pm »

Yeah I had a Kiwiman Poet join one of my forts, and a Weaselman Crossbowman showed up to dance around a bit.

I dunno about them drinking more, but they're certainly spilling more of my drink. I keep getting cancellations of Drink due to lost item, zooming over there and finding booze on the floor. It's quite strange.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2015, 08:47:11 pm »

have you seen if they are drunk when that happens? or in the middle of a confrontation perhaps?

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2015, 08:55:42 pm »

Confrontation doesn't seem to affect it, since they've been both around other people and on their own. No report log fights at any rate.

I would say they are drunk, mostly because I have so much booze any reason for anyone to be sober in my fort does not apply. I'm also wondering if it's this spillage of booze that's killing the cats who find it...curiosity kills.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2015, 09:00:57 pm »

Thats the natural way dwarves prevent catsplosions...

"Urist! There are too many damned cats again! Get some weak stomach humans in here to get so drunk they spill their drinks will ya?!"

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2015, 11:43:43 pm »

Had my first death in the tavern.  Looks like a dwarf just... died while drinking?  No fight, no report, nothing.  Just... dead body in the tavern, covered in vomit.

I made him a nice coffin and that was that.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2015, 01:33:26 am »

Drank too much, probably.  I hope that isn't very common in fort mode...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

C27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2015, 01:41:10 am »

it's not uncommon for historical figures to have one or more monsters on their worship list

I did not even know this was possible... This game! Anyway, if they can accept deities I wonder if it's just treated as any other object of veneration and yeah, they do need to pray to them. I can imagine some overseers not wanting to grace awful creatures like that with prayer space.

What happens if some of your dwarves worship a titan/dragon/colossus, it visits your fort, and you kill it?
Gold is for the mistress– silver for the maid–
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
‘Good!’ said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
‘But iron– cold iron– is ruler of them all’.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2015, 03:03:00 am »

Crisis of faith, one would hope.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2015, 05:06:06 am »

Is anyone else having issues getting people to store stuff in barrels/pots? My food storage keeps overflowing and causing stuff to go bad because the nimrods won't put stuff in the barrels I have lying around.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15