Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Differences In The New Edition - General  (Read 58670 times)

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Differences In The New Edition - General
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2015, 11:57:09 pm »

Anyone else having troubles with military not wearing their armor? No matter what I try, they keep their normal clothes on (with r - replace equipment enabled) and their copper mail shirts sit in the stockpile even with them assigned to the dwarves, no matter if they're active or inactive. This worked in the last version

I'm having this problem as well. I have a bunch of armor in my stockpile and my melee dwarves won't wear it. I started with the uniform set to metal armors. Then I went in and assigned everything manually. After that, I tried hitting the replace clothing option. This made it so that on the menu screen it showed the armor as equipped, but in reality the dwarf would keep his clothes on and not touch the armor.

Bug?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2015, 11:58:57 pm »

Yeah, I give up trying to get these dummies satisfied. If anyone can get them to actually worship, instead of pretending to, please let me know what you did. OTL
I can't get them to STOP worshiping.  That's all they do..  I didn't have a temple for 4 years, then I created one 3x3 location for each deity and they're just praying non-stop.
Dwarf Fortress; simulating religious zeal since 2015.

Remember: WORSHIP!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2015, 12:23:55 am »

(if there's a bug with worship vs. needs, that's a different matter.)

Hey Toady, would you like us to open a proper bug ticket for this, or is it unnecessary since you already know about it from this thread?

Might as well, if nobody else has.  I saw somebody else mention it, so it might already be there.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2015, 12:30:51 am »

Is it just me, or do civs expand more quickly in 42.01?

Worldgen crashes, by the way, seem to be caused by having a greater than Medium amount of civilzations, regardless of world-size. Take this with a grain of salt, as I haven't done enough testing to verify if there are more precise  factors.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2015, 12:43:35 am »

I love it. I've got a tavern set up with a bunch of rooms available, 3 humans and a goblin are entertaining and socializing with my dwarves, stockpile is full of exotic fruit and yams and rambutan wine, life is good. Been a while since I've enjoyed vanilla DF so much, having visitors come adds so much flavor. Holding off on temples and libraries since everyone seems pretty happy, and I'm toeing the line of losing all my production and squad training time as it is.

One and only quibble besides the crashes I ran into http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9142 this is annoying the hell out of me >.o Menu locations are getting dumped when it comes time to spam workshop tasks. I know it's small, but the keyboard shortcuts are painful for me, and impractical when it comes time to dump in a bunch of mods that add workshops to the game.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2015, 12:45:41 am »

Oh, and another interesting thing..  I embarked on a world where there was no access to wood from the parent civ.  That is, the list of logs was empty.  There were all sorts of logs in the caverns, but none available in the embark profile interface.

It might not be something new to this version, but I've never seen it in 40.24 or prior, where a civ has no wood available on embark.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2015, 12:48:10 am »

It looks like the detection radius for thieves has been WAY decreased. I only had one picked up when it was literally diagonal to one of my animals, which was within a 3 tile distance of about 8 other animals.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2015, 01:18:25 am »

I've had a ton of kobold thieves, one of whom had a last name (whick I assume means he killed someone), and for the first time in my dwarf fortress history, I had a kobold charge into my fortress and attack the dwarves rather than run away. Of course, the dwarves he attacked happened to be my militia, and the kobold soon had one less head than before. Regardless, it seems not all kobolds are total wimps in this version.

Also, I had a goblin snatcher arrive, so they appear to be fixed in this version too
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2015, 01:30:56 am »

Couldn't be bother to walk a few more steps. Dwarves, forever lazy. XD

Except when there are x(Pigtail Fiber Socks)x  or even !!XX(pigtail fiber socks)XX!! to be gotten.

They just know how to prioritize, man.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Voker57

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2015, 07:42:49 am »

Are there still random migration waves or do you have to attract visitors so they can petition you? And if not the latter, can you somehow make it so?  :)

heuristicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2015, 09:28:55 am »

I might be mistaken, but it seems as though the "a" menus on workshops now take up more vertical space - I haven't had to scroll through to look at all the stuff in the carpenter's workshop, for example.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2015, 09:41:24 am »

Anyone else having troubles with military not wearing their armor? No matter what I try, they keep their normal clothes on (with r - replace equipment enabled) and their copper mail shirts sit in the stockpile even with them assigned to the dwarves, no matter if they're active or inactive. This worked in the last version

I'm having this problem as well. I have a bunch of armor in my stockpile and my melee dwarves won't wear it. I started with the uniform set to metal armors. Then I went in and assigned everything manually. After that, I tried hitting the replace clothing option. This made it so that on the menu screen it showed the armor as equipped, but in reality the dwarf would keep his clothes on and not touch the armor.

Bug?

I reported it on the tracker now, with a save attached.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2015, 09:47:57 am »

Quantum stockpiles no longer work, as track stops don't dump anymore? I can't say this is a bad thing

SirFinbar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2015, 10:17:35 am »

I was able to 'Create new world' first time, max size and max civs.

My computer is new however.

EDIT: Currently crashing at calendar advancement.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:21:56 am by SirFinbar »

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2015, 10:49:28 am »

getting ready to start up .42.01 for the first time.

I'm curious whether the seed barrel bug got fixed or not.

Time to make a farm/tavern fortress!
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15