Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Differences In The New Edition - General  (Read 57381 times)

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Differences In The New Edition - General
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2015, 05:07:05 pm »

So I got two human bards as visitors, but I cant appoint them performers of my tavern. They are listed as performers of my fortress, what does that even mean?

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2015, 05:14:50 pm »

So I got two human bards as visitors, but I cant appoint them performers of my tavern. They are listed as performers of my fortress, what does that even mean?
Have they petitioned to join your fortress? If not they might just be visitors.

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2015, 05:17:40 pm »

Have they petitioned to join your fortress? If not they might just be visitors.
Yes, they are listed among my citizens in the units screen.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2015, 05:19:01 pm »

They're just "long-term residents," not actual citizens. As such, you cannot assign labors or noble positions (and presumably location positions).
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2015, 05:20:16 pm »

I think until they are proper citizens and not only long term residenty you can't tell them what to do. I had loads of them, and they spent most of their time in the tavern. So they kinda do the job anyway. Way better than my appointed performers, who usually do any available job, just not performing. And I choose them based on their preferences.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2015, 05:38:22 pm »

I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay.

Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2015, 06:08:04 pm »

Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2015, 07:01:43 pm »

Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.
...I might just have to sig that for hilarity's sake.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2015, 08:17:08 pm »

Are you guys getting caravans? Other than dwarven ones?
-Does a werebeast attack prevent a caravan from coming?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 08:51:14 pm by ancistrus »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2015, 08:26:32 pm »

...I might just have to sig that for hilarity's sake.
Also, magma it.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2015, 10:12:10 pm »

Are you guys getting caravans? Other than dwarven ones?
-Does a werebeast attack prevent a caravan from coming?
I am getting Human Caravans. (And my Civs Dwarven ones). I do not know about werebeasts preventing..

On sidenote, anything other than quires needed to write a book? my dwarves do not really seem to write.
And my tavern do not get visitors even if I got beds up and asigned to it the last 8 dwarf months.

Bwint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2015, 11:25:56 pm »

On sidenote, anything other than quires needed to write a book? my dwarves do not really seem to write.
And my tavern do not get visitors even if I got beds up and asigned to it the last 8 dwarf months.

There need to be boxes in the library to store the blank quires, and tables and chairs to write on. The written-on quire can be bound into a codex using a book binding and thread at a craft workshop.

How old is your tavern? Has its reputation had a chance to spread? Is your world well-populated? My first tavern (supposed to be temporary) was getting visitors even before I got bedrooms set up, and is now crowded with performers and soldiers who heard it was the place to relax. My second tavern is much nicer and larger, but it doesn't have any visitors.
'There are some things mortals are not meant to know, but we were bored and drunk at the time so we gecided to leave details of those forbidden arts in the library for a laugh.'

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2015, 02:13:57 am »

The uppity elf diplomats are back? Nice
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2015, 04:15:12 am »

I think its awsome that when the dwarfs are given a tavern ther reply with drinking themselves to death. Its some kind of like poetic justice after nerfing tantrum spirals and making dwarfs less unpredictable in recent releases.

I love it!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2015, 04:33:30 am »

And it makes a lot more sense, IMO.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15