Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Socialize  (Read 2145 times)

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Socialize
« on: December 02, 2015, 02:08:34 pm »

My only woodcutter has been socializing in the Tavern for over a season now. He doesn't seem to want to do anything else. What I really want him to do is go cut down some wood, but he is neglecting his duties.

Will he eventually finish socializing?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Socialize
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 02:18:02 pm »

If it is purple, then he probably won't stop until somebody else goes in there and they do something together.  It doesn't currently handle the one person case well.  You can wipe the zone for a while to get him out of there.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 02:21:28 pm »

I think there's something else going on. The socializing was just a symptom. My dwarves seem to be ignoring all jobs I've designated down in the caverns, whether it's woodcutting, gathering plants, or mining. It's probably user error of some sort, let me look at the situation more closely.

edit: I'm really confused. they'll go down there to gather webs, but not to do any designated tasks. A few hours ago they were cutting down tower caps just fine....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 02:26:12 pm by Name Lips »

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 02:42:34 pm »

I THINK some of my dwarves might have been refusing to work because they didn't have booze. At least, that's my best guess. As soon as I traded for some booze, they seem to have gone back to felling trees, etc.

It's possible that I have no idea what just happened, but it seems to have sorted itself out.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 02:43:51 pm »

Maybe the booze service/fetching code has some sort of brain freeze glitch, who knows...  we'll keep our eyes on the tracker.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!