Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Youtube Video Essays  (Read 2410 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube Video Essays
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2022, 01:04:21 pm »

Jacob Geller, if you want soulful video essays on a variety of topics from games to movies to.....stuff. The dude has a style that is pretty compelling to me (YMMV.) He tends to delve into some darker topics, almost always with a philosophical bent. Particularly as they relate to darker movies and video games. Never watched a video of his I didn't sit all the way through.

And if you're left leaning and feel like both being entertained and horrified.....Some More News with Cody Johnson. They're LONG videos, really well researched and slightly unhinged in their delivery. Which can be both entertaining and tough to watch depending on how what they talk about affects you. The mania of the delivery is part of the bit, although in recent times it feels less like a bit and more like the natural outcome of having to understand how truly fucked up things are getting.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2022, 01:50:03 pm »

If any of you are fans of weird anime, not as weird anime, or Sonic I guess, Hazel's channel is a treasure trove.
Her videos go a bit out there at times, but purely from the nature of the topics at hand, the strange world that we live in and the equally strange media it produces. The videos are varied in length, but even the long-form ones manage to keep high quality thorough, without dragging on thematically. It's great stuff.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2022, 04:11:17 pm »

Hazel's videos are good, but I haven't watched any of Hazel's new videos. I think I was honestly intimidated by how some of them are more than 1 hour long. When I was looking over her channel most of the videos didn't seem familiar to me.

But while rewatching Hazel's A Normal Manga About A Boy And His Mom I figured out why I remember liking the channel but none of the content is familiar to me:
Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
The Grell video isn't up on the channel anymore. So I assume of a couple videos I watched a long time ago are gone now.
After rewatching the ookumo-chan flashback video, I think I'll give hazel's content another; I could just put long length videos in the background while I'm at work or just watch them in piecemeal over a few days.

Disabilities in Prehistory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J_oybRfuc

This youtube video is very informative. The video shines an uplifting light on prehistoric humans.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 [2]