Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Horse epidemic in .42.01  (Read 12995 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Horse epidemic in .42.01
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 02:05:44 pm »

Can confirm:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm pretty sure that something related to how civs work now is causing this.

Might be related to how Toady fixed mounts for goblins. He might have made mounts more common across the board and now we have horses galore.
The amount of horses seems to almost always be a round number like 3600 (or something very close to that, like 3598), though. I don't think the explanation is quite that simple.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 02:11:53 pm »

Can confirm:

Might be related to how Toady fixed mounts for goblins. He might have made mounts more common across the board and now we have horses galore.
The amount of horses seems to almost always be a round number like 3600 (or something very close to that, like 3598), though. I don't think the explanation is quite that simple.

True. I still can't help but feel like it's in some way related. If there was some sort of hardcoded mount fix I can see it spilling over into other civ populations and blammo! Perfectly rounded horse populations in the thousands.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 04:59:30 pm »

Bugs from Normal Games: "The game stutters for six seconds before crashing."
Bugs from Broken Games: "The lighting is weird and the characters have no faces."
Bugs from Dwarf Fortress: "The horses outnumber us. I have seen settlements with a thousand horses to a man. I have seen them in the deepest caverns. They are everywhere. Liberate te ex equus."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:01:07 pm by Fniff »

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 05:04:43 pm »

Yeah, I thought the herd of horses I saw outside that mead hall were unusual.

Now to see if I can make Forgotten Beasts as ubiquitous!

Bugs from Normal Games: "The game stutters for six seconds before crashing."
Bugs from Broken Games: "The lighting is weird and the characters have no faces."
Bugs from Dwarf Fortress: "The horses outnumber us. I have seen settlements with a thousand horses to a man. I have seen them in the deepest caverns. They are everywhere. Save us."
Sigged!

"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 05:09:34 pm »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 05:18:21 pm »

Can confirm:

There's probably a horse population cap depending on the size of the site to prevent a world destroying horsplosion.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 05:26:23 pm »

I saw a huge herd of them in adventure mode. More so than any other single type of creature I've ever seen at once by far.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 05:27:05 pm »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 06:02:00 pm »

Last version in its early days had exploding birds, gods that woyld destroy the world every time you tried to speak to them, and shields breaking the game if you used them to block spit.

Now we have 3600 horses and WORSHIPPING!.

I for one welcome our new equine overlords.

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 06:28:13 pm »

The bronies have won

Abandon all hope

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 06:47:19 pm »

I was stalked by a horse recruit and his band of other horses that I encountered in a town.  They followed me out into the wilderness and just stood and watched as I was attacked and eaten by dingos.

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2015, 08:54:52 pm »

Last version in its early days had exploding birds, gods that woyld destroy the world every time you tried to speak to them, and shields breaking the game if you used them to block spit.

Now we have 3600 horses and WORSHIPPING!.

I for one welcome our new equine overlords.

This version, in short:
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2015, 08:56:23 pm »

Andrew Hussie would love this edition.

*insert link to horschestra here*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2015, 08:58:30 pm »

I was stalked by a horse recruit and his band of other horses that I encountered in a town.  They followed me out into the wilderness and just stood and watched as I was attacked and eaten by dingos.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2015, 09:07:23 pm »

Reminds me of the giant mosquito swarms a few years ago.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4