Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 51

Author Topic: Hearts of Iron IV  (Read 99593 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Reply #660 on: March 15, 2018, 12:33:19 pm »

Hey has the game gotten any more interesting since the new DLC?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 15, 2018, 12:38:27 pm »

I think so, but bugs and issues abound. If you're going to jump in/back in, I'd wait for 1.5.1 to go live first. Should be a more enjoyable game when it does.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 15, 2018, 01:18:21 pm »

WTT should be "done" around the time i get tired of stellaris 2.0.2, which comes out in a week or two?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 16, 2018, 03:01:04 am »

Could someone explain three-way wars results to me? To start, Russia was getting eaten by Japan and Europe (Axis and allies) on both sides. Both took large amounts of land and eventually the allies took Moscow and Russia capitulated. EVERYTHING not captured went to Japan to control. How does this work?

And to continue, eventually the communists just all folded and officially lost. Again The Axis got the victory and got to decide who got puppeted and all that. Why? EDIT: Scratch that I let the game run for a few more seconds and then the allies victory screen came up as well. I guess my question now is what decides who get's to pick first?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 03:02:57 am by Micro102 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 16, 2018, 06:53:19 am »

Three-way wars are still a little buggy at the moment, so no one is really sure who goes first. Sometimes both parties sit down at the peace conference and sometimes only one does. Not much you can do about that besides use mods/console commands to 'fix' the outcome.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 16, 2018, 08:53:45 am »

So I’ve found that the lowest level of puppet allows them to “push” expeditionary forces on you? What’s up with that?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 16, 2018, 07:23:47 pm »

If by lowest you mean closest to be annexed, they aren't allowed to "push" forces on you, Instead you are simply taking total control over their military.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 17, 2018, 08:07:23 am »

The annoying part is that it happens in dribs and drabs. At least when I annex someone I can start cherry picking the units I want to keep and fight with (managed to have 24 divisions of mountaineers in the previous Germany game. Most i’ve had since the patch)
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 17, 2018, 08:08:59 am »

The ai of the game is the part that kills me the most.  Though I did see it in action since the Chinese patch came out, and it has gotten quite a bit better.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 02, 2019, 12:48:10 am »

Ironclad update, along with Man the Guns.

Played the former, not the latter- but yeah getting patch-broken halfway through a Japan game and then re-attempting it with Fuel as a resource is much more difficult.
I've managed to go for Russia instead of China, and so far it's sort of worked, but I'm still at war with the allies so I figured I might as well deny as many pacific resources as I can.

Sad part is I won't be able to win unless I either both move my fleet to the English Channel (now a much more tenuous prospect) and successfully take out India- whilst going around china.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #670 on: March 02, 2019, 09:28:43 am »

MTG is crazy. I feel like I'm designing Stellaris ships now, picking which guns and equipment for each ship class.

The new navy management is good. It took me a while to grok it but now that I have its so much better.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 02, 2019, 09:58:47 am »

Did you figure out how reserve fleets work too? That's the major sticking point for me with this new naval update. I can't seem to get my fleets to reinforce properly and it's annoying me greatly.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 02, 2019, 12:17:16 pm »

I don’t understand. Does the usual “all ships in one huge fleet in order to minimise ship damage” tactic no longer work?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 02, 2019, 12:33:10 pm »

Technically yes, but fuel and actually finding the enemy could be an issue. You are supposed to set your heavier ships in a strike-force and have your lighter ships scout but we'll see how that works in practise. Blobbing might still be an issue.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 02, 2019, 01:12:26 pm »

I picked up HoI4 today+DLCs. I enjoy Victoria 2 and Europa Universalis 4 (both I still play quite a lot and both some of my top played games on steam), so I don't see why this will be any different.

Plus designing ships and what not sounds really cool from post above.

And...that is all I have for this post lol. I got it installed, but I know if its like vic 2/EU4, I'll need quite a bit of time aside to start it up+to learn the game. But I'm excited to sit down and play HoI4 tonight :)
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 51