Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Axis and allies! Round 1, Germany attack!  (Read 7653 times)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
Axis and allies! Round 1, Germany attack!
« on: December 03, 2015, 06:38:05 am »

Hi everyone here! Rexmundi, often more seen on the other games section, here win an idea. I've enjoyed the few things like this I've done, so figured why not try a new one. Why not a forum game axis and allies?

Spoiler: What is A&A (click to show/hide)

Now that that's out of the way, I found a neat bit of software, TripleA, for running games like this. Instead of try to host a game for hours, or even a play by email game, I thought why not try a play by post kinda game? My goal is to have either a cap of one player per nation, or if people want, more then one co-leading. The version of the game I plan to run is 'World at War', i've decided 40 scenario.

So, Anyone for a long term forum wargame?~

Spoiler: nations (click to show/hide)

People:
Romania or finns: Ghazkull
Soviets: werty892
French: tntey
Italy/Germany: TopHat/coleslaw35
ANZAC: Insanegame27
AMURICA: Sheb

Spoiler: units (click to show/hide)
The world in smaller images http://imgur.com/a/ABpsQ
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:10:37 am by RexMundi »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Axis and allies! OOC and interest check
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 08:22:21 am »

I'm in
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 08:50:44 am »

Woo! I'm on tablet now as I realize I should have posted more pics, and nations and such.. Asap when I'm on the pc next I'll do that.
For now I remember: America, UK, Anzac, land and sea separate Japan, Russia, France, Italy, Germany, Romania, Finland, maybe Thailand. I feel like I'm missing allies as iirc, there were 6 on each.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 09:45:23 am »

This sounds quite interesting. I'm in.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 11:58:07 am »

Spoiler: nations (click to show/hide)

So, this will be 1940 start. A quick bit on the non normal nations. OH And a big note is that neutrals are fair game. For anyone. So yes, this can be a game where the USA never really 'enters' WWII and instead eats south america.
Let's see. Italy you are helping Germany and not messing up Africa. Yamamoto and Hisaichi are the two split of Japan. H is on the land in Manchuria mostly but has a small starting navy. Y holds more of the mainland island and has the pacific navy and islands to worry about. Again Y has a small land force too, in southern china iirc. ANZAC are just ausies and new zealand. never seen them do much but hinder japan. Dutch are already or about to fall to Germany in europe, but they hold many islands in the pacific still. Not sure if would be fun to play giving start. Might run them myself.
Finns, Romanians, and Thai are all 'mini powers', like ANZAC too. They have a small area, limited funds compared to the larger nations, and have to balance who takes what with the bigger powers.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 01:14:29 pm »

Cheers, i'd be in for Romania or Finland...or both.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 01:25:50 pm »

I'll be up for the Soviet Union.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 01:54:28 pm »

I'll be the french
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 03:15:40 pm »

I'd be interested, preferably as Italy or Germany.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 03:38:49 pm »

Sorry, but it looks like I won't be able to participate after all. Best of luck to the rest of you.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 03:42:22 pm »

I think I'd like to participate. This seems very interesting.

EDIT: Italy or Germany would be nice. I know TopHat chose those two, but if they only get one, perhaps I could get the one they don't get.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:04:05 pm by coleslaw35 »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 04:53:24 pm »

EDIT: Italy or Germany would be nice. I know TopHat chose those two, but if they only get one, perhaps I could get the one they don't get.
Looking forward to working with you! Do you have a preference between the two?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 05:52:28 pm »

Looking forward to working with you! Do you have a preference between the two?

Nope, I don't have a preference towards either.

Also, looking forward to be working with you as well.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 07:54:41 pm »

Cool. Updated the op with people again, and was thinking.

So the turn order is top down in that image I posted, IIRC. I do KNOW that it's Germans then Russians. So once you two decide who's who, At that point we can start and either wait when we get to unknown, or I can play them if peoples want till we get more players.

TLDR: we can start sooner

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 11:44:02 pm »

Dibs on the almighty Aussie ANZACS! Aussie Aussie Aussie!

I will need to learn how to play
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6