Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Axis and allies! Round 1, Germany attack!  (Read 7538 times)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
Re: Axis and allies! Round 1, Germany attack!
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2015, 10:57:04 pm »

No worries on questions, though I've one for you and others. This game is going very non standard already rules wise, so at this point I think I'm going to change how it's being run. instead of more board game loyal style, this will now be a WWII game. Still turns, but no set goals but ones people make, and trading/allies/things are all fair game. If it comes to negotiations with a neutral or unclaimed power I will gm for it. And unless things drastically change, they will try to follow WWII for now.

Ok, that wasn't really a question, but it's thus: People already signed up, are you ok with this? At this point it'd be less strict boardgame and more fun wargame on forum with GM.

To answer Slaw, yes you move and attack. Planes can fly over enemy land. Tanks can blitz an empty zone into attacking another. All troops arrive at the same time as the game processes from move to combat.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2015, 11:02:10 pm »

Some of the province names are obscured, and the map is too cluttered (imo) to use Paint to draw arrows and such, so I'm going to be guessing/shortening some of these province names.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And I believe those are all my movements.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:50:13 pm by coleslaw35 »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2015, 11:50:39 pm »

^ Updated my post to show my movements and stuff, just to let you know.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2015, 11:58:33 pm »

I think I finally got an ok cut with this program. damn thing kept crashing, then wouldn't upload. Let's see if imgur can handle 15 tiles.

And will start the assaults! Will post again with pics of results

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2015, 11:59:35 pm »

Rex I sent you another PM regarding possible diplomacy options?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2015, 12:15:43 am »

Done. And to others, feel free to diplomacy too, I can answer all questions, as well as forward messages around to the right people/nations.

Slaw, Germany. Moves are submitted, however before the YOLO navy attack, there is the case of purchasing units. What might the Germans need? As well, not all names were perfect but it was definetly doable on what goes where, thanks for laying it out well

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2015, 12:26:38 am »

Done. And to others, feel free to diplomacy too, I can answer all questions, as well as forward messages around to the right people/nations.

Slaw, Germany. Moves are submitted, however before the YOLO navy attack, there is the case of purchasing units. What might the Germans need? As well, not all names were perfect but it was definetly doable on what goes where, thanks for laying it out well

How much cash/points do I have to work with?

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2015, 12:38:02 am »

I was just coming back to add that, as silly me forgot. Germany, has 66$ available on hand at start

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2015, 12:44:46 am »

I was just coming back to add that, as silly me forgot. Germany, has 66$ available on hand at start

Lol. Alrighty then..

I suppose I shall get:

-2 Transports (66-16=50)
-2 Submarines (50-16=34)
-4 AA Guns (34-20=14)
-3 Infantry (14-9=5)
-1 Tank (5-5=0)

Included the math so the purchase can be confirmed for not overstepping my budget. How much cash do I get each turn? Also, Torpedo Boats and Destroyers have the same stats, but different costs (TBs being 1 point cheaper). Is there anything special about the Destroyers that makes them worth the extra point?

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2015, 01:11:32 am »

I should mention, staking AA doesn't add any bonus. if still wanting more AA, I'll move the AA out of the tile of the factory so more coverage, ok?
And yes. Destroyers are able to 'see' subs. Normally subs can flee from any combat by submerging, but not with a destroyer present.
Germany according to national estimates from the Swiss neutrality office, sports them reaping another 66$ at the end of the turn. This if Germany itself. Italy, Romania, and the finns all get their own incomes

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2015, 01:52:56 am »

I should mention, staking AA doesn't add any bonus.

Oh okay, I'll quickly modify what I'll produce then...
Sorry for the delay, was in the shower.

-2 Transports (66-16=50)
-2 Submarines (50-16=34)
-1 AA Unit (34-5=29)
-8 Infantry (29-24=5)
-1 Tank (5-5=0)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2015, 03:56:33 am »

I'm fine with the more freeform thing. So we get cash depending on the number of provinces we get? Is Canada part of Britain?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2015, 09:19:39 am »

Also, I also don't mind the changes. Do as you please, Rex, it's your game after all.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2015, 09:26:58 am »

I should mention, staking AA doesn't add any bonus.

Oh okay, I'll quickly modify what I'll produce then...
Sorry for the delay, was in the shower.

-2 Transports (66-16=50)
-2 Submarines (50-16=34)
-1 AA Unit (34-5=29)
-8 Infantry (29-24=5)
-1 Tank (5-5=0)
Will put in in a few here. in other news, morning everyone!

I'm fine with the more freeform thing. So we get cash depending on the number of provinces we get? Is Canada part of Britain?
Yes, every tile has a value, some like Berlin, are high, others like bumfuck Russia, are low. Canada is a part of the UK, and France actually too. I believe it's split so France has somewhere to go post Germany.
EDIT: Oh yeah, Diplomacy was asked about. I don't mind it in private, just keep me informed, ok? Remember any unclaimed nation, I'm currently running, as well I need to know what to do or change or what have you. So up to you guys on pm directly or through me

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2015, 10:31:15 am »

Rex, can I go ahead and give some stuff to some allies, like some units/provinces? If so, I'd like to give Italy, if they agree, all Germany's holdings in Africa. Troops, that once province, etc. I would also like to give whatever I have in Romania, currently, to Romania. Likewise with Finland, I have a few units up there and I think it would be better if I just didn't have to worry about them and let Finland use them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6