Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Fan Game] ER UFO Defense Main Thread - Starting up for realz  (Read 4248 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Fan Game] ER UFO Defense Main Thread - Starting up for realz
« on: December 03, 2015, 10:55:00 am »

December 7 2014. A day that will live in infamy. The "peaceful" peoples of Earth were suddenly and deliberately attacked by alien forces Enemies Unknown.

Revolutionaries blame established governments working in league with the New World Order for their inaction and unpreparedness. Revolutionaries point their fingers at the wholesale poisoning of the minds and bodies of the masses that has made way for our current weakness. It is time for the Vigilant Citizen to take matters into his own hands, and show puppets and puppeteers alike, that Humanity is Free!

The Alien Removal Militia (also known as the Antagonistic Riotous Mob to public officials) was established on this day of the 10th of December by brave volunteers of every nation, race and creed to fight for the future and freedom of all.

As a volunteer of the Alien Removal Militia, you receive this form at initial processing:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All recruits are also supplied with the following issued kit:

$5000 in cash as a sign on bonus.

A Battle Dress Uniform
An Advanced Combat Helmet
Tactical Rigging with 10 item slots
Utility Belt with a pistol holster and 5 item slots
A 20 liter field pack

- A choice of any standard issue side arm and primary weapon. We supply and absorb the costs for the first weapon if it is a gun from the M16 or Klashnikov Family. Explosives and other paraphernalia can be bought or requisitioned on request.

((Total costs absorbed for each recruit comes up to $5000 + $600 + Gun Costs))

Wiki Pages

OOC Thread

((Also The Vigilant Citizen and Humans are Free are real conspiracy sites))
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:58:24 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: [Fan Game] ER UFO Defense Main Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 10:36:06 pm »

((How much dollarz do we start with, anyway?))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 01:55:47 am »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 02:13:41 am »

Char sheet to come

Nunzillor

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 02:28:46 am »

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:33:47 am by Nunzillor »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 01:01:25 pm »

((Okay, seriously?  Three characters already, and none of them have experience with guns?  O.O ))

Spoiler: Cold Sniper (click to show/hide)

Equipment to come later.  I'll probably have a lot of several questions about exact prices mechanics:
Are we going to be buying stuff in-game, like how ER does things?
How would the various gun accessories alter the game mechanics?  Would certain optics alter the range bonuses/penalties?
Do 'more expensive 21st century' guns have better stats mechanically, or would they purely be different based on 'soft' mechanics like caliber?
How much would subsonic ammo cost?  I'm almost certainly going to have something suppressed.
Can we please have details on the setting, like what organization we're a part of?  I have this disturbing feeling that we're actually just an angry mob at the moment.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 09:48:20 am »

Hold on to your butts, I'll remake this in the RTD forums. You can remake characters there. Most likely I'll do away with encumbrance.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 10:02:55 am »

((Wait, no need to! I believe that you can move threads as the original creator. Or at least PW should be able to, as a moderator of our cosy subforum.

EDIT: Anyway, the character sheet. Here's hoping we're not over the limit yet.))

Spoiler: Bear Paratrooper (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:00:02 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Fan Game] ER UFO Defense Main Thread - Starting up for realz
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 08:43:02 pm »

Could everyone before Nikitian resubmit their characters, bearing in mind that I've removed encumbrance limitations.

((Strength will still affect combat performance in *ways*. But add it if it suits your character.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 08:48:24 pm »

Spoiler: Solomon Cooper (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:56:23 pm by Nunzillor »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 09:05:01 pm »

More Cha and less Str 'cause why not.

EDIT:
Spoiler: rough inventory (click to show/hide)

Check price for above?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:31:51 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 10:55:59 pm »

EDIT:
Spoiler: rough inventory (click to show/hide)

Check price for above?

The cost of your 1911A side-arm and Taser will be absorbed by the company for about $2000. Those vendors charge a pretty hefty markup. But they assure you that it's quality equipment.
The 13 assorted medical items will be absorbed by the new medic fund, which you're in charge of for now, for $130. The medical items will all be squished into a medic pouch for you, free of charge. The medic pouch will take up 2 slot spaces on your rigging or belt carriers.

4 Magazines will be charged to you at a $50 x 4. Plus 32 rounds of standard ammunition costing $64.

Also, $500 for the reflex optical sights.

The Taser comes with a free battery. With power and detachable wires good for two shots.

Totals are
$764 billed to your personal wallet
$130 billed to the Medic Fund.
$2000 Billed to the company

The vendor tries to push some slightly more expensive FMJ rounds on you, boasting about its cover-piercing capabilities.

(GM note: *cough* collateral damage *cough*)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:30:42 pm by Aigre Excalibur »

Nunzillor

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 11:23:21 pm »

((Hmm.  I get the feeling this guy's not gonna last long...))
After performing a long-distance cat seance by phone, Solomon requests the following items from the vendor:

Spoiler: purchases (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:41:43 pm by Nunzillor »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 12:19:08 am »

Spoiler: purchases (click to show/hide)

The vendor tries to sell you a sturdy one-handed arming sword that looks like this to go with your assault shield. It weighs 1kg.

If you prefer a real longsword, he offers this:

The leverage and reach is greater. It weighs 2kg.

The Assault Shield and Longsword cost $2000 and $1000 (regardless of which sword). Both are non-standard items.

Would you like some smoke and flash grenades with those items to help you close the distance? Just don't throw them on yourself.

The vendor also offers to pad your combat fatigues with more cloth to turn it into a Gambeson and sell you a suit of chainmail for $500.

Nunzillor

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 12:29:27 am »

Solomon nods excitedly at the man's suggestions, accepting the arming sword, gambeson and chainmail, and an assortment of smoke and flash grenades.

He asks if any of the aliens ever engage in epic sword duels.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:37:08 am by Nunzillor »
Pages: [1] 2 3