Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evil Canyon of Doom World Seed  (Read 1496 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Evil Canyon of Doom World Seed
« on: December 04, 2015, 08:35:37 am »

Anyway, on current WTF, DF's worldgen just created what may be a fun little challenging site to embark on:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It basically gave me this mostly evil canyon/vale thing with sheer, tall (+20 z levels) cliff walls and populated only by goblins. The climate is either cold or freezing, with no access to elves or humans, or any nearby dwarf fort, and very few trees overall. I haven't played DF in quite a while, but I never saw something quite like this before. Hopefuly there's decent metals around :v

I posted this on the lower forums, and then someone asked for the world seed, so here's the whole thing, for anyone who's interested:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:40:28 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Canyon of Doom World Seed
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 08:39:51 am »

Definitely going to try it. Looked fun.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 11:18:34 am »

PTW
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 03:32:19 pm »

PTW.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 03:52:39 pm »

I wanna try this, but I also don't want to play before the bugfix comes out. Decisions, decisions!
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 04:08:25 pm »

That looks awesome.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 04:32:51 pm »

I have tested this a bit, and it seems this world tends to cause crashes on post worldgen progression (the calendar bit). The first iteration crashed after I abandoned my first fort and tried to make another, and sometimes it'll crash after the first world generation on the calendar bit. If this happens to you, try to generate another world using the same seed untill it stops crashing.

I'm not sure if this is a bug related to this version or the worldgen itself.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.