Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A goblin vampire has decided to pay me a friendly visit.  (Read 2348 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
A goblin vampire has decided to pay me a friendly visit.
« on: December 03, 2015, 07:47:44 pm »

Now I've been behind on DF for quite a while, but even considering it being part of the new update, I'm fairly certain that guests aren't suppose to be so open about their vampire status.

He also flashes the nightscreature symbol quite proudly. I submitted a bug report and thought you guys might enjoy seeing this heh.

Hopefully as a guest he'll stick to the tavern and no eat anyone... Buuuut just in case, anyone got some fun suggestions on how to show our guest some dwarven hospitality?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:52:50 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: A goblin vampire has decided to pay me a friendly visit.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 08:03:55 pm »

Arena?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 08:36:41 pm »

Make guest bedrooms that can turn into a permanent jail/dungeon.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 10:15:35 pm »

...I have a human poet vampire who wants to join my settlement. This is kind of hilarious.

The question is how to corral them into a room...
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 10:22:08 pm »

I guess this is a carry over from the previous version. I'd often get vampire human diplomats visiting with no pretense of disguise. Also seems like Toady's already addressed it for the 40.02.

Edit-- Ah, or perhaps not yet. That's some other vampire revealing bug I was thinking of.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:24:06 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 01:42:28 pm »

Even in the 2014 version, vampires that were members of other civilizations were announced as such.

One of my favorite forts had a visit from a human diplomat, also their lawgiver, who was an olm-woman vampire. She and the elvish diplomat didn't get along very well.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 08:50:43 pm »

Kill him and make all guests drink his blood. Spread a plague of vampirism across the land.Or make all your residents vampires and reenact From Dusk til Dawn.