Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's play Empyrion - find new interesting alien species and blow them for bits  (Read 3233 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Empyrion is a space survival adventure, looks like Space Engineers, plays like Starmade but has tons of interesting places to visit, aliens to see and a few planets in the mix with asteroids, space station to conquer and all that.

The game plays pretty much as every other mining/crafting space, at least at the beginning.

you are stranded after crashing from space, oxygen is scarce, material is scarce, but the planet has plenty resources and you one emergency survival kit, which includes a constructor.

You have some ammo, but fauna while menacing is hardly dangerous. Beware of the Otyugh tho!

The first priority for surviving is to locate a fuel deposit. In this game everything is powered mainly by Promethium. Some stuff accept hydrogen fuel, but you can produce that only later. You'll see in the first video me mostly running, in search of this Promethium. Other resources are more mundane: Silicon, Iron, Copper, the usual stuff. You do get some of each at the beginning, so you can build your starting base without issue.

Placing your base far from resources is annoying in the long run, so usually when you crash land you scout around for a better spot. All of them are useful and you need a ton of iron for building a vessel, however in a planet where you need to live without oxygen, energy production is the very first priority. Akua, the other starting planet, is simpler primarily because you can breath in it's atmosphere.

Here's typical Omicron, the dry planet:

From the map there are deposits shown, point of interest shown (that's a crashed capital vessel), and the other things you might discover or will build.

But first! One needs to survive being crash landed and craft it's way to survival first and a decent spaceship next.

Game starts gently on new players and the real fighting will happen once one reaches space. For now, I'm just wandering in the deserts shooting drones and looking for more fuel to get by:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBTuO5mcMEI

Also, I'm running an open, PVE server on this desert plane, come check it out if you wish, it's on the server browser called PVE Omicron Server
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 01:09:34 pm by LoSboccacc »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... it, uh. To. To bits. Not for. "Blow them for bits" sounds like performing a sexual act for pay >_>

In any case, good luck, have fun, etc., etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

... it, uh. To. To bits. Not for. "Blow them for bits" sounds like performing a sexual act for pay >_>
...godDAMMIT Frumple. Now I can't un-see it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SethWack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can trust me right?
    • View Profile

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... crap! thank you!

ep2 is due tomorrow btw. I got sidetracked trying to squeeze a video out of gnomoria, in that game it takes ages to get anywere :P

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

episode 2 is up!

https://youtu.be/591XNEd6nJ8

in which we produce many bullets and shoot them all

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you need to communicate with your audience more and be a bit more transparent. I often didn't know what you were doing other then vague "looking for resources" after which you... got them... somehow?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well I get your point :)

actually I haven't dig anything, just lived off the starting resources as you get quite a bit, I was only just scouting for deposits so to settle near a good zone

point taken anyway! thanks :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:17:06 am by LoSboccacc »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I never played the game >_> I wasn't trying to be ironic.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I never played the game >_> I wasn't trying to be ironic.

yeah didn't came out as ironic, was just trying to explain a little more. well, the opener is done but I can still add some info into the first post!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EP3 is here! https://youtu.be/yJa2floCzl4

You'll find this more... talkative. There's a catch tho: live recording exposes all my bad Engrish :D