Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Rubble 8.5.5 - DF 44.7 - New DF, new Rubble.  (Read 65891 times)

DF_Silvestre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rubble 8.5.1 - DF 43.5 - UI Improvements! (Goodby 32 bit...)
« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2017, 08:13:47 am »

Is there no version of this thing for win32?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2017, 01:47:21 pm »

Not anymore. I got tired of building 32bit versions of everything when the last Intel 32bit desktop processor was the Pentium 4! If you have 32 bit Windows on 32 bit hardware, how do you run DF? If you have 32 bit Windows on 64 bit hardware it is time to upgrade to 64 bit Windows.

You can compile a 32bit version yourself, the Rubble package has fairly detailed instructions (warning: needs a C compiler (mingw) AND a Go compiler (gc) installed).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

DF_Silvestre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2017, 04:06:08 pm »

Fuck me man. I tried to clean install win64 but I downloaded the wrong file (win86 iso apparently is 32 bit). Didn't realize it until it was too late. Now I've got a pc running 32 bit with no drivers to speak of. Seriously, it can't even detect my phone or its wifi. Screen res is fucked up.

But! So this post isn't completely unrelated to this thread...I will try to download win64 tomorrow (and worry about shopping for drivers after). Then I'll try this damn mod. I just wanted to restore my old avatar race to its former glory :(

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2017, 12:17:51 pm »

Good luck!
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2017, 10:04:00 am »

In preparation for the (hopefully soon!) new build of DF, I DLed and installed 43.05 (all my current work was still on 42.06). Installed all the necessaries (DF Hack, TWBT, Rubble), copied over my Rubble mod files, hit Build, and BAM! Everything (that I've figured out how to do yet) is all ready to roll. Migration almost pain-free. Rubble rocks!

Rochndil, who still has a TON of work to do, but that's always the case...
Build an Elf a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Drown an Elf in magma, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2017, 11:55:45 am »

Glad you like it!

Remember: If you ever have problems, suggestions, questions, etc all you need to do is ask! I am always happy to help with anything.

TC01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2017, 03:49:34 am »

So I was looking into how Rubble content servers work, and noticed this line in the documentation (along with the fact that there don't seem to be any currently?):

This version of the server is mostly for small-scale use or local testing, if you want to run a dedicated content server there is a special Rubble interface (available on request) for that.

I could probably run a content server. Is there any chance I could get the code and/or binary for the dedicated server?

And, is there a reason it's only available on request?
stockpile: git based installation management.
Dwarf Fortress for Fedora: Packages of DF and friends for Fedora Linux.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2017, 04:47:18 pm »

I can get you a dedicated server binary no problem. I don't distribute it normally because it would be one more thing to build (and bloat the normal download size).

Are you sure you want to run one? AFAIK there are very few addon packs in existence, and about half of them are distributed preinstalled or are abandoned.

If you are sure you want to run one, what OS/Architecture do you want? It may take a week or so for me to upload it, as I'm stuck on a tablet until my car gets fixed (hopefully soon!).

If you don't want to wait, and have Go installed building the dedicated server is easy, just follow the Rubble build instructions, except bulid "rubble8/interface/cntntsrvr" instead of the universal interface. The binary is stand-alone, just drop in a directory and run. You will probably want to tweak the command line options though...

In other news: I really need to write a proper content server client for the web UI...

TC01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2017, 08:01:02 am »

Oh, I didn't realize the dedicated server was part of the main rubble sources. Yeah, I can build one myself then. :) (For reference though, it would be Linux/x86_64)

I wanted to give your Underhive Settlement reboot mod a try without actually creating a separate DF installation to do so. The simplest way would seem to be to upload the addons somewhere and use a content server to fetch them. But sadly there are't currently any content servers, so... it seemed like I should do something about that.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2017, 08:25:10 am »

Note that Rubble has a degree of DFFD integration, namely it will fetch metadata from DFFD and make auto-update decisions and/or construct actual download URLs starting from just a DFFD file ID. This is one of the reasons I never felt a huge push to get a content server online. Everyone uses DFFD, and content servers are only a minor improvement mechanically (and right now, a big step down in UI).

Also, Underhive Settlement practically requires a custom DF install, as it patches the exe to change game text... You can use it with a normal install, but the text will be different than the preinstalled version.

TC01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2017, 09:16:52 pm »

Also, Underhive Settlement practically requires a custom DF install, as it patches the exe to change game text... You can use it with a normal install, but the text will be different than the preinstalled version.

Oh, I see.

Is it possible to apply the binary patches via dfhack's mechanism for this? That would make it slightly easier to redistribute, I guess.

Anyway, I've gotten a content server built and played with it a little, though I've yet to deploy it in a public-facing location. Hopefully I'll do that sometime over the next week.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2017, 08:12:49 am »

I don't think DFHack's patch mechanism will help much, at least not with the tools I have. The language patch program uses a really weird system for modifying the binary...

BTW: The protocol used to communicate with the content server is not well designed. Please don't look at the code for that, it would be embarrassing... I should have used HTTP or something instead, but I was in an experimental mood.

TC01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2017, 10:35:41 pm »

A rubble server is now running at rubble.brosser.net:2220. There isn't currently anything uploaded there, but the server exists!

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 07, 2017, 07:34:28 pm »

I'm getting an issue on two different PCs, log in the spoiler below. I can't generate anything but vanilla raws, so I can't actually use Rubble for ... anything ... how do I fix this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Also this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 08:21:31 pm by Grimm Spector »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 07, 2017, 09:28:27 pm »

OK, the "error" in the first log is:

Unspecified error: Abort: Finished exporting changed files (this is not an error).
And that log contains results from at least one sucessful generation cycle (with vanilla raws) prior to the error. It looks like you activated "Dev/SO Insert" without reading its docs first. Please read the documentation for addons before you use them, particularly if you need to click extra buttons to make them show in the list.

There is a reason the addons in the "Dev" group are hidden by default.

The second log is much clearer. Basically you tried to visit the addon pack download page, and it rightly told you that Rubble didn't know of any addon servers to get information from. This page is functional, but the system it supports was never deployed.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:35:14 pm by milo christiansen »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14